Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville falls to Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry pulled out a good one tonight, winning by 28 i belive. I dont remember the final score. Pikeville pulled out to a early 12 point lead in the 1st. Looked to me like last nights game and playing so hard in the 1st they ran out of steam somewhat. Belfry did what they had to win. Pikeville didnt get pushed around under the goal or back down from Belfrys physical game.
You posted this as if it came by surprise?
Please give us a score so we can edit the the thread title!
belfry was down at first but came back and got a nice win. great job pirates!
Congrats to the Pirates...this is one game I was not for the Pirates...I hope you guys win out from here.
Nice win by Belfry !!!

Belfry (8-4) will return to action against Piarist (3-8) at 7:30 on January 10th at Belfry High School.
Congrats Belfry!!
"PHSFAN" Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates...this is one game I was not for the Pirates...I hope you guys win out from here.

I have a question. Why is it that Pikeville and Belfry can cheer for each other so hard when they aren't playing each other and then hate each other on the court/field?

Is it because the rivalry is so intense, or is there really a common dislike?

In the older days, I would say the rivalry is intense. Today, I would say there is a common dislike.
congrats belfry
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:You posted this as if it came by surprise?
I am not surprised that Belfry won. I am kinda surprised that they won by this margin is all.
"HappyGilmore" Wrote:I have a question. Why is it that Pikeville and Belfry can cheer for each other so hard when they aren't playing each other and then hate each other on the court/field?

Is it because the rivalry is so intense, or is there really a common dislike?

In the older days, I would say the rivalry is intense. Today, I would say there is a common dislike.

I grew up in Sydney and went to Bevins for a few years in grade school and most of my family is from Belfry so that is why I have always cheered for the Pirates. I'm sure I cheer for Belfry more than most Pikeville fans.
In the 80's ....it was common dislike!
I think that there is great respect from both schools (probably from football tradition) allowing fans to cheer for the other when they arn't playing, but when they do play..... :redboxer:

But as for the game, I heard that Pikeville was up by like 18 at one point early, so it was a great comeback for the Pirates to blow this game out the way they did. :dance:
congrats to Beflry, they are one of the tops in the 15th
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:In the 80's ....it was common dislike!

I couldn't agree more. There was a time back then that I didn't want to see Pikeville win at anything. I like to see all teams in the area do good now and make all teams in the mountains look better now that I am much older. I still love to put a good butt kickin on them now, but will support them any time they play anyone else. Both teams have such a great history in the area and they should get nothing but respect.

:#1:
Yeah, back in the late 80's to early 90's I was at Belfry and we hated Pikeville. I know they hated us as well. Seems like ever since the mountains came down and the road went through, that seemed to be the death of the most heated rivalry that existed at the time IMO.

Now that I am older, I have respect for Pikeville. I of course am for any mountain team, until they are on the opposing sideline/bench/dugout and then it's war....
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I couldn't agree more. There was a time back then that I didn't want to see Pikeville win at anything. I like to see all teams in the area do good now and make all teams in the mountains look better now that I am much older. I still love to put a good butt kickin on them now, but will support them any time they play anyone else. Both teams have such a great history in the area and they should get nothing but respect.

:#1:

I agree, good post....
Pikeville had a good showing against PCC, what happened here?
Good win for Belfry...there the hottest team in the region right now
All belfry's gotta do is play smart and show their skills and they can beat anybody in eastern ky and be big shots at RUPP.
another pirate win. congrats