Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Do you think Shelby Valley will win another game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wanted to see what people have to say about Shelby Valley football this year. Are they another win in their record book? I dont see it because there is only a few on the whole team that has the heart to win a ball game. And imo they need a whole new coaching staff.
are you serious? lol

Shelby Valley lost to a top 10 4A school Lawrence County , and a top 10 3A school in Pike County Central....The only 2A team that Valley played this season they destroyed... They still have Bath Co. (0-3) Leslie Co. (1-3) and Morgan County (2-2)...These will all three be wins and give Valley atleast 4 wins on the season. Then they would get either Knott or Leslie at home again in the first round of the playoffs, which would be a 5 win season.

People, Shelby Valley graduated 17 seniors off of a 2A team. Thats unreal in eastern kentucky. They play only two seniors on defense this season, they have Juniors and Soph in Key positions all over the field.
They won't beat Leslie or Morgan... Bath Maybe..
I Rule The World Wrote:They won't beat Leslie or Morgan... Bath Maybe..

What's the LC in you avatar stand for?
bath county will be a win!!!
Okay.. The win against Knott was nothing but a joke...That team is down big time..Then Valley gets smacked in the mouth by East Ridge(a team that has never beat them before)..then lawrence county (who at the time wasnt even ranked in the top 10 until they beat valley 75-14)..Pike Central beat them 63-18..Sounds to me like there is no defense there at all..It dont matter who you are playing..The only way I see them winning another game is if the defense steps up and the backs can hit the holes right on offense..If that dont happen..Valley will be 1-9 at the end..Mark my word.
shelby valley might beat bath county maybe. I agree they lost a lot of players from graduation. but i dont think it's the players having no heart it's they dont have a coach. I'm not saying I could coach better than that guy but he is terrible. The only reason they won the games they one last year was on what the coach left them from the year before.
Valley is pure awful this year. No disrespect towards anyone. Everyone knew coming in this year that Valley would have a down year and wouldn't win nomore then 3-5 games. I'm not surprised.
I really think Valley could win any of the next 3. Leslie,Bath, and Morgan could all be wins. I'm with Badman, coming into this year we all knew SV would have a down year and wouldnt win more than 5 games.
I think they will win at least one more...Will they continue to struggle sure they will. However, these kids continue to practice just the same as any other team and have the ability to come out on top against many teams in their region. Granted they have a long road ahead of them. However, if the Valley offense that showed up on the last drive of the 1st quarter into the first drive of the second against Pike Central then they could be a force. They must learn to lock down the secondary or I can tell you now Leslie will be a rough night.
SV is very young and not very big, The Coaching is not the problem
Coaching is a problem. Part of coaching is development of players. You must work just as hard with your freshman and jv squads as you do varsity. Not enough coaches is a problem. Coaching is a problem when a senior plays his final year under his 3rd coach. If you check SV history you will find that the head coaching position changes every 3 years.
Graduating 16 seniors should not drop you to the doormat if you have stability in coaching and player development. I figure that the average stay for a head coach at valley will drop again after this season.
I Rule The World Wrote:They won't beat Leslie or Morgan... Bath Maybe..
I agree they won't beat Leslie or Morgan, which leaves Bath I think is the only chance to get another win and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bath come out on top.
I will predict one more win.
After beating a terrible Knott team I spoke to a couple of the coaches the next day, and they told me knott wasn't very good but they also told me SV was pretty good and would be alot better this year than many would think, that they were actually going to be. I'm still waiting and it looks like they missed on there prediction pretty darn bad. I just don,t see them winning another one. Looks like some of the coaches overevaluated their talent and it was off by more than a little from the scores of the last few game. Maybe they can turn it around but I don't see it happening, It could be a very long season.
UKFootball Wrote:are you serious? lol

Shelby Valley lost to a top 10 4A school Lawrence County , and a top 10 3A school in Pike County Central....The only 2A team that Valley played this season they destroyed... They still have Bath Co. (0-3) Leslie Co. (1-3) and Morgan County (2-2)...These will all three be wins and give Valley atleast 4 wins on the season. Then they would get either Knott or Leslie at home again in the first round of the playoffs, which would be a 5 win season.

People, Shelby Valley graduated 17 seniors off of a 2A team. Thats unreal in eastern kentucky. They play only two seniors on defense this season, they have Juniors and Soph in Key positions all over the field.

You just keep right on talking....
AlittleRusty Wrote:After beating a terrible Knott team I spoke to a couple of the coaches the next day, and they told me knott wasn't very good but they also told me SV was pretty good and would be alot better this year than many would think, that they were actually going to be. I'm still waiting and it looks like they missed on there prediction pretty darn bad. I just don,t see them winning another one. Looks like some of the coaches overevaluated their talent and it was off by more than a little from the scores of the last few game. Maybe they can turn it around but I don't see it happening, It could be a very long season.
Knott also graduated a lot of sr. Over half the team is fr. and a lot of them start varsity.
they got beat bad by East Ridge who aint that great.
I thought that Bath has always been a pretty good football school. Has it changed over the years?
The coaching is the exact problem for the football team. Coach Norman just isnt smart on offense especially when hes in the red zone (which isnt very much). Coach Hampton cant do nothing for the Defense since they allow almost 50+ points a game except for a very down Knott team.
That's good there was a thread made just to bash a team. Why isn't there a thread made to bash Bath or Knott since they're not doing so great? Kids on the team read this and I'm pretty sure this effects them in some way. No, they might not win another game but is it completely their fault? Get a new coaching staff and get more experience. That's their problem. Plain and simple.
I think its very possible for Valley to win 3 more games this year, Bath, Morgan, and Leslie are not world beaters, Valley is down for sure, but they can compete with them.
School Admin. Wrote:I think its very possible for Valley to win 3 more games this year, Bath, Morgan, and Leslie are not world beaters, Valley is down for sure, but they can compete with them.

They will beat Bath Co. IMO and I think they can beat Leslie Co. But, I don't think that they can beat Morgan Co.
It's possible for them to win three more games if they play lights out and the other teams don't have there best games. I predict them to beat bath and leslie. Morgan county is a possibility if they play the kind of game they should and play great D. The home field advantage may be a factor in the outcome of some of these games.
valley and bath will be a good game. they should beat bath if they run the spread like the did last night at clintwood (but get back in the bone on the 1 yard line). shelby vallley beats bath. leslie and morgan are toss ups. but hopefully they win. im not bashing on my school but they are just way down this year. and coaching plays a HUGE role in their losses. shelby valley isnt a bone team like norman wanted. imo hes son brett got them running the spread and they actually looked good against clintwood. unless clintwood is down this year?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I thought that Bath has always been a pretty good football school. Has it changed over the years?

No. Following and young talent are there. Last year's team was hurt by a big graduation the year before (sound familiar) and key injuries (TB and top WR for the season and QB for 6 games). Still a Jr., So., and Fr. heavy team much like SV with alot of underclassmen starting both side. They have only played 2 games with most key players healthy and are 1-1 in those and played well. I think it will be a very good and very close game Friday night but I do think BC wins it.

I have not seen Leslie but I have seen Morgan. They will not beat Morgan. Sorry. That is a much improved team that is very sound on both sides of the ball.
Valley MAY win 1 or 2 more games. They will either win 1 of 3 or 2 of 3 against Bath,Morgan, Leslie. Other then that I dont expect much, I expect this to happen this year. And yes who says Coaching is not a factor. Well Coaching is all the factor. Play your players in the position they need to play. and I dunno if coach Norman knows this kid. But Logan Lucas? You should use him a lil more. Maybe it will help. He might be the only thing that will help you'll IMO
centralfan77 Wrote:shelby valley might beat bath county maybe. I agree they lost a lot of players from graduation. but i dont think it's the players having no heart it's they dont have a coach. I'm not saying I could coach better than that guy but he is terrible. The only reason they won the games they one last year was on what the coach left them from the year before.
Norman is a joke. He has no clue what to look for in a football player- how or where to use them. Are you serious take out the QB- wake up it is his son. The kid was knocked out on the field with a concussion and he would not not let them take him to the hospital because he wanted him in the game playing leslie. IF Norman would have been kicked out of the game in the 1st quarter and his son would have stayed at the box hampton and roberts could have led that team to a win. As long as Norman is on the coaching staff Valley will not see more than 2 wins in any season. This is one time the losses are the coach. The wins last season were because the seniors hated him and played what they wanted to play and what Saunders had taught them to play in years past. If Hampton would have been hired the boys would have had a state championship last year and in the finals this year. GO FIGURE...Politics means more than our kids do...
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Norman is a joke. He has no clue what to look for in a football player- how or where to use them. Are you serious take out the QB- wake up it is his son. The kid was knocked out on the field with a concussion and he would not not let them take him to the hospital because he wanted him in the game playing leslie. IF Norman would have been kicked out of the game in the 1st quarter and his son would have stayed at the box hampton and roberts could have led that team to a win. As long as Norman is on the coaching staff Valley will not see more than 2 wins in any season. This is one time the losses are the coach. The wins last season were because the seniors hated him and played what they wanted to play and what Saunders had taught them to play in years past. If Hampton would have been hired the boys would have had a state championship last year and in the finals this year. GO FIGURE...Politics means more than our kids do...

:please::lmao:
I do feel for them. They have that beautiful field and all that and they were sort of a let down...but, let them build back up and get a decent coach and they'll be back. Imagine if ER coach Brad Allen was over there..

I would love to see Valley never win another game...but, that's just me.
Pages: 1 2