Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green @ Owensboro 9/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions?

I'll take the Purples by 14.
BG by 10
The Purples will take this one by double digits.
Owensboro 24-21
Two top 5 teams in class 5A will be a battle as always. The game is at Owensboro but I'll still take my Purples 28-7. I don't think they will be looking ahead to next weeks game at home against Trinity.
Owensboro is suppose to get Kendal Tinsley(Starting RB;Only played a half on the season due to an ankle injury) and Ryan Boling(Starting WR/ATH;Percy Harvin type kid in the slot;hasnt played at all this season due to a broken hand). This will be big for OHS. These are two of the better kids OHS has. Both have been playmakers in the past. Both will be needed Friday night....
I think it's going to be a great game as always Devilschild. I'm glad they have all their players ready to play. BG and Owensboro traditionally is a war and I can't wait to watch it. Owensboro better try and get them this year. Bowling Green only starts 2 seniors on defense. I don't see ANYBODY beating them next year.
adopted purple Wrote:I don't see ANYBODY beating them next year.

You may be right, but that is a pretty stout statement. As much as I would like to see OHS knock off BG, I believe BG wins by a touchdown or more. Playing at Rash will help though.
Yea I can't wait for this game! I wish I had a way to capture some film of the crowd and the stadium....! Rash is helluva place to catch a football game. You're right on top of the field....Hope BG brings a big crowd. If not it should still be packed. It's a nice buzz around the town.
IMO Rash field is the toughest place in the state to win. It's always a great football atmosphere. We will bring a lot of fans and come early.
Hard not to pick the favorite in this one, but Rash Stadium is a huge advantage for Senior.
This will be a close game, but I think Bowling Green has the advantage because of their defense and Owensboro's tendency to run a conservative offense. I'll take the Purples by 7 in a defensive struggle.
i will take BG by 14
Purples will pour it on !
Owensboro's offense needs to do enough to not allow Bowling Green's defense to beat them. Obviously they need to score some, but what they need to do is not go three and out, punt, and give Bowling Green the ball at the 50 all night. This is what Bowling Green has always done. In and of itself, their offense is really never all that great aside from years here and there. What they do is pin you deep, force you turn it over or punt, and set themselves up with the short field. Make them go 80 yards and you're in good shape. Make them go 45 and you're toast.
Owensboro