Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill Co. @ Somerset 9/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts??? Predictions???
this is a tough test for Estill. i believe they can pull the upset i know the coaches, fan/family believe in them and the players believe in them selves. Go Neers'
All Somerset!
I like both teams in this one but IMO i think that Somerset is on another level from Estill County and honestly don't see this being a close game especially with Somerset playing at home. Good Luck to both teams I will happy with the result no matter which team wins!

Somerset - 42

Estill Co. - 7
3 weeks ago I felt this might be a good game. However, after seeing what both teams have to offer I am feeling Somerset should have little test against the Engineer. I'm going with Somerset, 48-19.
The Engineers run game is always a threat to grind out a game and wear down a defense.

Jumpers will have to come ready to play. Dry weather would be a big plus for the Jumpers!

I'm sure Estill will be mad this week after tough loss last week.
Somerset in a running clock
Estill seems to be one of those teams most affected when the perpetual optimism of late summer gives way to the hard realities of early fall.

Somerset.
Estill can win if they eliminate costly turnovers.
Jumpers held Danville to negative yards in the first half Friday. Jumpers D hitting on nearly all cylinders right now.

Estill D wil be spread out all over the field trying to contain Somerset's spread Offense.
Somerset by 30.
Estill runs their offense very well and have some strong kids running it. However, after watching Somerset's defense so far this season I think any 3A team is going to have trouble lining up and running it right at the Briar Jumpers. Teams will have to mix in enough of a passing game to keep the Somerset defense honest. I know Estill doesn't like to throw it and I think that will lead to a long night for the Engineers. I'll take Somerset 42-12.
Somerset but Estill will be competitive
Somerset big
Just wondering, who all will be attending this game?

I know I will as well as Strikeout King and Norm Peterson
leecoukfan Wrote:Just wondering, who all will be attending this game?

I know I will as well as Strikeout King and Norm Peterson

I'll be there and it's a very good bet that RoShambo will be also.

I'll be sitting on the aisle on the way up to the press box about 2/3rds of the way up, Purple shirt, stop by and say hi.
Somerset
Jumper Dad Wrote:I'll be there and it's a very good bet that RoShambo will be also.

I'll be sitting on the aisle on the way up to the press box about 2/3rds of the way up, Purple shirt, stop by and say hi.

I'll be there. :Thumbs:
Somerset will win this match up, first half should be close however I think Somerset will pull a head in the second
Norm Peterson Wrote:Estill runs their offense very well and have some strong kids running it. However, after watching Somerset's defense so far this season I think any 3A team is going to have trouble lining up and running it right at the Briar Jumpers. Teams will have to mix in enough of a passing game to keep the Somerset defense honest. I know Estill doesn't like to throw it and I think that will lead to a long night for the Engineers. I'll take Somerset 42-12.

It will be much closer then this. Somerset may win but it will be a dogfight. Estill has a shot if they control the tempo.