Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paducah Tilghman 47 Graves Co 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tilghman scored nearly at will.
congrats to Tilman
Congrats PT.
Wow, what a difference a year makes. This game was a BLOWOUT. Last year it was decided by 4 points???? What gives?
PT brought the wildcat out of hibernation.
I went to this one thinking I needed to check out Graves for next weeks game with Mayfield and figured it to be a better game than I would get between Mayfield and Calloway. Speed really hurt Graves and helped PT. Good win for the Tornado they are a load
Nice win for Tilghman.
Tilghman Smacks Graves County Early, Wins 47-6
By Kevin Stewart

PADUCAH, KY - Paducah Tilghman hit Graves County fast and hard early, and the Eagles never recovered as the Tornado won 47-6 at Memorial Stadium on Friday night.

The win snapped Tilghman's four-game losing streak to Graves.

On the game's first play from scrimmage, Graves quarterback Larry Brown dropped back and was hit hard as Dejuan Edmonds scooped up the loose ball and charged 26 yards to the end zone.

By quarter's end, the advantage was 20-0 and by halftime 26-0.

Tilghman (2-2) struck quickly again after Graves (1-2) went three downs and punted. Sam Cox lofted the ball to Josh Forrest in the right corner of the end zone, and the senior wideout outjumped two defenders for an 18-yard score and 12-0 lead.

Rashad Brown capped the first period scoring with an 85-yard punt return.

Graves appeared to stop the bleeding by turning away Tilghman close to the goal line by recovering a fumble, and marching down the field. But the Eagles gave the ball back on a fumble, and the Tornado made them pay as Brown eventually scored on a 11-yard run for the 26-0 halftime lead.

Brown's 71-yard touchdown run was the first play from scrimmage in the second half and put the Tornado up 33-0. Brown's resurgence is good news for Tilghman. Brown had a nice season both pass-catching and rushing as a sophomore, but never got on track early last season and then was hampered midway through the season by injury.
Congrats Tilghman!!
Looks like the Tornados are going on a roll a little sooner than last year. Congrats on a nice win.