Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike co. Central 52 Pikeville 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the only stats i have is that low had 24 points, pikeville had three people in double digits.
Congrats to the Hawks...A lot closer than I thought...Pikeville isn't as bad as everyone thinks.
They act as bad as I was told they did though. I was hoping they didn't but after tonight the Honakers and #3 need serious attitude adjustment though, ref let them jaw wayyyyy too much.

Also Brad Lowe is the best in the 15th, but every single call that could, went against him tonight he has EARNED a little protection from the refs.

And 15th refs are horrible
"NEXT" Wrote:They act as bad as I was told they did though. I was hoping they didn't but after tonight the Honakers and #3 need serious attitude adjustment though, ref let them jaw wayyyyy too much.

Also Brad Lowe is the best in the 15th, but every single call that could, went against him tonight he has EARNED a little protection from the refs.

pike central acted alot worse than pikeville, they started the whole trash talking thing to begin with.
"504 boy" Wrote:pike central acted alot worse than pikeville, they started the whole trash talking thing to begin with.

Not from the stands.

I'm not saying they didn't but it was obvious to everyone Pikeville was.
"NEXT" Wrote:They act as bad as I was told they did though. I was hoping they didn't but after tonight the Honakers and #3 need serious attitude adjustment though, ref let them jaw wayyyyy too much.

I seen PCC number 20 push Pikevilles number 3 right in front of a ref, and all he did was talk to both of them. Trash talking is part of ball... live with it, or dont play or watch games.

Brad Lowe is a good player, I will give you that. Best in the region, I think not. How many times was his shot blocked tonight, 5 or 6, twice by a freshman.

The fouls were: Pikeville 7/11 PCC 17/24 PCC shot 13 more freethrows than Pikeville, someone was being protected it seems.
Congrats Pike Central
tommarrow nite belfry vs pikeville i suppose then
Congrats PC
Brad Lowe did have 24 but it wasn't his best shooting performance.
The fans did act bad, but believe it or not , they are the ones that kept the game close
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I seen PCC number 20 push Pikevilles number 3 right in front of a ref, and all he did was talk to both of them. Trash talking is part of ball... live with it, or dont play or watch games.

Brad Lowe is a good player, I will give you that. Best in the region, I think not. How many times was his shot blocked tonight, 5 or 6, twice by a freshman.

The fouls were: Pikeville 7/11 PCC 17/24 PCC shot 13 more freethrows than Pikeville, someone was being protected it seems.

After 3 jawed for 5 minutes, and then he followed him to the FT line and thats when he got pushed and the ref stepped in. 10 of those F's were late in the game when Pikeville was behind, so they foul and PCC shoots them up...

And trash talkin is part of ball, but don't let everyone see you do it, my kids act like some on Pikevilles team did they sit....plain and simple
How did the freshman Adams do tonight for pikeville?
Players don't EARN protection from the refs, Brad Lowe is just a player like every other player out there.
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:How did the freshman Adams do tonight for pikeville?
He hit two freethrows after getting fouled by Brad Lowe. Blocked three shots, and got i think 4 rebounds all in 6 minutes of play over two quarters.
"NEXT" Wrote:After 3 jawed for 5 minutes, and then he followed him to the FT line and thats when he got pushed and the ref stepped in. 10 of those F's were late in the game when Pikeville was behind, so they foul and PCC shoots them up...

And trash talkin is part of ball, but don't let everyone see you do it, my kids act like some on Pikevilles team did they sit....plain and simple
So if he got pushed right in front of a ref... why wasnt anything called? Protecting the home team maybe? When was Pikeville behind so much late in the game they had to foul? It was close all the way down to the last 30 seconds. There wasnt fouling to put PCC on the line that I seen.

You said if your kids act like Pikevilles team they sit... who does your kids play for?
what time does the pikeville belfry game start tonight?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:So if he got pushed right in front of a ref... why wasnt anything called? Protecting the home team maybe? When was Pikeville behind so much late in the game they had to foul? It was close all the way down to the last 30 seconds. There wasnt fouling to put PCC on the line that I seen.

You said if your kids act like Pikevilles team they sit... who does your kids play for?

They were fouling on purpose do u not remember when Honaker SHOVED Lowe nearly into the first row of stands with aobut 20 seconds left looked like they were doing it to get possecion on the ball back...If not then that means that HONAKER does need an attitude adjusment...

Fans are the ones that kept this game close i agree...I applaud Pikeville's Pep Section they did a great job better than we did...Lowe had four fouls so how can we say he is a protected players half of the time in the second half when he would go up for a shot inside he had 3 players hanging on his arms and they did not make a call...The refs were both ways tonight they did not go one way or the other they players controled the game and the better team one...Pikeville did come out and play good but Central did not play any where to where they had been poor outing by them...

The Hawks had poor judgment in shots tonight as well did Pikeville...But it was a rivalry game and this is the type of game we should have expected they play again Feb 9th at PC should b another barn burner...
Congrats PCC!!!!
congrats PCC great win sounds like this was an entertaining game
i agree with NEXT about the refs...they were consistently inconsistent the entire night...the refs let that game out of control...

but im sorry i have to disagree about lowe being the best in the region...

i attended this game and i noticed that lowe has no problem shooting the ball...i mean he would sometimes dribble out 25 ft from the goal and put it up...then finallly when he did make one he would nod his head arrogantly...i found it to be ridicoulous...i was suprised to discover this guy had that many points...he got his points in a big bunch when he made several free throws including two for a technical foul on pikevilles bart williams...

pike central seemed to take control of this game when davis fouled out fairly early in the game...pikeville just seemed to lose the rebound battle so pc got 2-3 opportunities each possession...

nice win for pc, good team ball, pikevilles starting to play like a team too...i hope their ready come tourney time...
[QUOTE="15thRegionSlamaBamma"]They were fouling on purpose do u not remember when Honaker SHOVED Lowe nearly into the first row of stands with aobut 20 seconds left looked like they were doing it to get possecion on the ball back...If not then that means that HONAKER does need an attitude adjusment.../QUOTE]
So, in 20 seconds left in the game, PCC shot 10+ freethrows? they must really be bad at freethrows to only win by 4 then.
[QUOTE="15thRegionSlamaBamma"]They were fouling on purpose do u not remember when Honaker SHOVED Lowe nearly into the first row of stands with aobut 20 seconds left looked like they were doing it to get possecion on the ball back...If not then that means that HONAKER does need an attitude adjusment.../QUOTE]
So, in 20 seconds left in the game, PCC shot 10+ freethrows? they must really be bad at freethrows to only win by 4 then. As far as him nearly going into the first row of stands... maybe he needed to hit the weights so he wouldnt go flying when he got touched...
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:[QUOTE="15thRegionSlamaBamma"]They were fouling on purpose do u not remember when Honaker SHOVED Lowe nearly into the first row of stands with aobut 20 seconds left looked like they were doing it to get possecion on the ball back...If not then that means that HONAKER does need an attitude adjusment.../QUOTE]
So, in 20 seconds left in the game, PCC shot 10+ freethrows? they must really be bad at freethrows to only win by 4 then. As far as him nearly going into the first row of stands... maybe he needed to hit the weights so he wouldnt go flying when he got touched...

Obviously you have something against PC b/c by your posts you dont like them to much or Brad Lowe for that much. I did not say PC shot 10+ free throws towards the end of the game but yes i did say they were trying to get possesion of the ball back. PC shot around 6 free throws in the closing seconds and hit 4 or 5 of them. As for you saying he needs to hit the weights it is tough when someone comes from behind you and shoves you. Honaker does have an attitude and needs to get it worked out. He is arrogant and honeslty has nothing to be arogant about. PC one and thats all im worried about then they took it to LCC the other night.
Maybe Pikeville is a little underrated this year.
No, I dont think at this point of the season they are under rated. But I also know they have not played as many games as most of the teams they have played against have. I see them improving with every outing except for the Belfry game. I did see them playing hard in the first quarter then it is like they ran out of steam. I also see them being a sleeper come tourney time. And they may be trouble for teams in a couple years. The underclassmen are starting to play better for them for sure.
Correction, Lowe had 27 pts. It was a horribly played game by both teams, and the crowd determined the momentum of the game. Every time PC plays Pikeville, the crowds are the ones to determine the outcome of the game. It has been that way when I was in high school and it will continue on as long as these two teams play each other.

Congrats to my alma mater, PC. Keep it going guys!
congrats PCC even tho u didn't play anybody