Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands Fantasy Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This topic comes up in every post game thread concerning Highlands and their current schedule. This has gone on for a couple years now and, to appease those critical of the current Bluebird shedule, I comprised one of my own. Maybe this one would stop the weekly questions as to why HHS doesn't play a tougher schedule....:1:

Whackem's fantasy Bluebird schedule 2010
Aug. 20 Simon Kenton (tune up, no offense Neer) or Ryle
Aug. 27 Trinity
Sept. 3 Dixie
Sept 10 Boyle Co.
Sept 17 Cov. Cath
Sept 25 Johnson Central
Oct. 1 NCC
Oct 8 Bye
Oct 15 Elder
Oct 22 Anderson
Oct 28 Colerain

Scott called up and forfeited.....
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:This topic comes up in every post game thread concerning Highlands and their current schedule. This has gone on for a couple years now and, to appease those critical of the current Bluebird shedule, I comprised one of my own. Maybe this one would stop the weekly questions as to why HHS doesn't play a tougher schedule....:1:

Aug. 27 Trinity
Sept. 3 Dixie
Sept 10 Boyle Co.
Sept 17 Cov. Cath
Sept 25 Johnson Central
Oct. 1 NCC
Oct 8 Bye
Oct 15 Elder
Oct 22 Anderson
Oct 28 Colerain

Scott called up and forfeited.....

Just curious, is there a limit on the number of out of state games you can play in a season?

I didn't realize people made such a big deal out of Highland's schedule, I mean when you dominate on the level that they have the last 4 or 5 years most teams are going to seem inferior. And honestly even though they got beat pretty easily, I would think that it does Beechwood more good to play Highlands and get beat than it does Highlands with the win. So who has the problem, Bird fans or others?
RoShamBo Wrote:Just curious, is there a limit on the number of out of state games you can play in a season?

I didn't realize people made such a big deal out of Highland's schedule, I mean when you dominate on the level that they have the last 4 or 5 years most teams are going to seem inferior. And honestly even though they got beat pretty easily, I would think that it does Beechwood more good to play Highlands and get beat than it does Highlands with the win. So who has the problem, Bird fans or others?

Honestly, this topic ends up taking over every Bluebird blowout.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Honestly, this topic ends up taking over every Bluebird blowout.

Well I guess there are worse problems a team can have than people getting mad because your beating everyone so badly.
[quote=whackem'n'stackem']This topic comes up in every post game thread concerning Highlands and their current schedule. This has gone on for a couple years now and, to appease those critical of the current Bluebird shedule, I comprised one of my own. Maybe this one would stop the weekly questions as to why HHS doesn't play a tougher schedule....:1:

Aug. 27 Trinity
Sept. 3 Dixie
Sept 10 Boyle Co.
Sept 17 Cov. Cath
Sept 25 Johnson Central
Oct. 1 NCC
Oct 8 Bye
Oct 15 Elder
Oct 22 Anderson
Oct 28 Colerain

they would go 6-4 with that schedule 3 of the lost would be ohio teams and trinty
Personally I cant understand why people want to complain about another teams schedule. The top teams can only play each other at certain times and they have to play their district games, that only leaves a small window to fill out a schedule. Highlands always plays all comers whats the problem? There are not many teams that want to play the Bells, Boyles,& Trinitys so they cant help what the schedule looks like,people need to worry about their own programs and stop complaining about others!:thanks:
This may come out as a jumbled mess due to the fact that it is football Friday and I'm busy as heck, but let me try and give my take on the whole situation.

It seemed like last year after Highlands season, everyone came out of the woodwork and wanted a piece of Highlands. They didn't play Simon Kenton or Louis. X, or Trinity, or Boyle. I guess some felt that to be Nationally ranked you have to play those teams. Well folks I've got news for ya, ya can't play everyteam in the state. You only get to play 15 and the last four are decided for ya.

So this year comes along and Highlands is in the second year of their two year contract. Games have been already contracted yet there are those out there that still want a piece of Highlands or just want to bash them. Not much you can do about this year so give it up. Maybe next year all those that want a piece of Highlands will get their chance. Give Dale a call. :Thumbs: