Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How does Kentucky football compare to the rest of the country?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just curious how would kentucky hs football compare to all states
top 20
middle of the pack
lower half:flame:
Who knows, I don't think anyone here has ever followed all 50 states football
Top football states:

Ohio
Alabama
Florida
Texas
California
Mississippi
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Louisiana
Tennessee

Kentucky is in the top 25, no doubt.
You have to realize many county schools did not start programs until the late '70s or early '80s.
Hate to say it , but if we didn't have a small handful of teams that can compete on that level we would be near the bottom. Once you get passed our top 5 teams overall the level of competition drops off dramatically. Looking at Highlands remaining games, there is no one that stands a chance of winning. They probably won't see any real competition until the state championship game. I'd like to take that 35 minute drive and see a game, but I don't want to pay to see a blowout with the cowardly running clock in the second half. A lot of these schools need to suck it up and get with the program instead of complaining about getting there rear end handed to them.Just my opionion.
Middle of the pack or the top of the bottom half.

The following states I would rank ahead of KY for sure off the top of my head:
1.Florida
2.Texas
3.California
4.Georgia
5.Ohio
6.Alabama
7.South Carolina
8.Louisiana
9.North Carolina
10.Mississippi
11.Pennsylvania
12.Arkansas
13.Oklahoma
14.Virginia
15. Maryland/DC

Then there is a cluster of about 7-8 teams that the difference between KY is negligable, but I would still put ahead:
16. Oregon
17. Michigan
18. Arizona
19. Missouri
20. Illinois
21. New Jersey
22. New York
23. Colorado

Then you have a handful of teams (including KY) that Kentucky is on the same page with most years. These are very interchangable:
24. Washington
25. Kansas
26. Tennessee
27. Indiana
28. Kentucky
29. Iowa
30. Minnesota
31. Wisconsin

After these you find your weaker states...
I wished we'd just have a 4 class system again. Dont let every team in the state make the playoffs. In Week 14, have Highlands (3A champ) play Beechwood/NCC (1A champ), Trinity/ST. X (4A Champ) play Boyle or Bell (2A champ). It would be awesome to see who would be the Overall State Champion wouldnt it? It would be Highlands, X, or Trinity every year.
Kentucky doesnt compare in population to a lot of those states ranked ahead of them. If you got numbers, you usually have more money, more coaches, more opportunity.
If you follow football recruiting, you know that Texas and Florida are kings.

California is a distant third, and it's a steep drop after that.

It's always interesting to look at where the most talented players are coming from each year, but which states are producing the highest volume of talent?

For schools that recruit primarily from their local region, the available talent makes all the difference in the world.

Here are the rankings for the top ten states for recruiting in 2011.

To determine the order, the number of five-star, four-star and three-star prospects are listed as well as the top prospect from each state.

When it's a close call, it comes down to who has the best player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/40656...cts#page/1