Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Military Battle: Fort Campbell @ Fort Knox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I look for the Falcons to pick up their first win. Sort of a unique game in that I believe these are the only two military operated high schools in the Continental U.S.
:rockon: I can remember when both these programs struck fear in the minds of thier opponents! What has happened to FT.KNOX? They used to always be in the title hunt.
Tica Wrote:I look for the Falcons to pick up their first win. Sort of a unique game in that I believe these are the only two military operated high schools in the Continental U.S.

Interesting, I didn't even know that the military ran these two schools I just always assumed they were public high schools. Are they only for kids whose parents are in service? I lived in Georgia for 10 years where my father was in the Air Force and spent time at Dobbins Air Force base in Marietta and another that I can't think of in Warner Robbins. They were both pretty big and I certainly never noticed any military run schools down there so you may be correct Tica.
Yeah but only one of them is in Kentucky! What percentage of FC players live in Big Orange Country???? Not dissing FC, just seems funny that school, field and most players are all across the border in Tennessee and they play all sports in KY.
The school in is Ky. The field is in Tenn. Housing straddles the state line on both sides. I would advise you to not have any outstanding warrants if you try to get on Fort Campbell - because they will check and they do not play around.
Falcons roll by 21.
Ricky Bobby Wrote::rockon: I can remember when both these programs struck fear in the minds of thier opponents! What has happened to FT.KNOX? They used to always be in the title hunt.

It's because the combat units left Knox.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Yeah but only one of them is in Kentucky! What percentage of FC players live in Big Orange Country???? Not dissing FC, just seems funny that school, field and most players are all across the border in Tennessee and they play all sports in KY.

It doesn't matter. These kids are Army Brats.
I've been stationed at both of these posts. Ft. Knox is a **** hole, Ft. Campbell is the best post in the U.S. Military IMO...I'd stay the my whole career if I could.

Campbell 43
Knox 12
Is Bubba Combs still at Ft. Knox? If so, I'm rooting for them.
Ft. Campbell 42-7.
Does Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell play every year? This is the first time I have ever noticed a game between the two.
Jarons Wrote:Does Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell play every year? This is the first time I have ever noticed a game between the two.

Yes.
vundy33 Wrote:It's because the combat units left Knox.

Look for Ft Knox to get better soon though. 1st ID recently moved the 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team there. Give them a few years and some talent will start popping back up. However, the Armor center is moving to Ft Benning so Knox will likely loose a lot of the TRADOC population.
Apache Longbow Wrote:Look for Ft Knox to get better soon though. 1st ID recently moved the 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team there. Give them a few years and some talent will start popping back up. However, the Armor center is moving to Ft Benning so Knox will likely loose a lot of the TRADOC population.

I know...that's where I'm trying to go when I PCS. Even though Ft. Knox sucks, I don't have to spend out the *** on a plane ticket to get home. You know if the Cavalry units there are light or heavy? If they're heavy, there is no way in **** I'm going. I hate Brad's.

TRADOC is what was keeping them down! The Armor Center moving to Benning is ridiculous, I couldn't image going through Cav OSUT down there, Knox is where it was born. Good riddance to TRADOC though. I never want to be on a TRADOC post, EVER!