Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Los Angeles Lakers' Matt Barnes arrested for domestic violence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento County authorities say Los Angeles Lakers guard Matt Barnes has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.

Barnes

Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran says deputies arrested Barnes after responding to what was termed an incomplete 911 call from a home around 4:16 p.m. Wednesday.

Deputies say both Barnes and the woman had visible injuries, but took Barnes into custody after determining he had been the primary aggressor.

The name of the woman was not released, but she was described by authorities as "a woman who lived with him and with whom he had a dating relationship."

Barnes was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of domestic violence and maliciously obstructing the use of a telephone line.

He posted a $50,000 bond and was released. He is scheduled to be arraigned in court Monday.

Aaron Goodwin, Barnes' agent, reached in Turkey by ESPNLosAngeles.com, said in a text message that he was "getting the facts first from both parties" before commenting further.

"I plan to find out accurately what transpired, and go from there," Goodwin said via text.

Barnes, who attended UCLA, signed a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Lakers in July.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nb...NHeadlines
No shocker here, congrats to L.A. for getting such an outstanding citizen on their team.
Not a surprise.
But the Zen master will hook him up with a psychiatrist to calm him down.
It did wonders for Ron Ron.
Yup, and after they lose in the finals to the Heat they can do an interview with Ron Ron and Thuggie, let em' tell us how they came sucha long way and came up short..

And go on about how the psychs helped them overcome so many mental challenges.
Ballers Wrote:Yup, and after they lose in the finals to the Heat they can do an interview with Ron Ron and Thuggie, let em' tell us how they came sucha long way and came up short..

Let's watch the Heat actually play a freaking game together before we say they win the finals....
Lakers are the champs and they're looking for another ring to add to their collection.
zaga_fan Wrote:Let's watch the Heat actually play a freaking game together before we say they win the finals....
Lakers are the champs and they're looking for another ring to add to their collection.

Yup, just like a treasure hunt I guess...
They can look all they want, but they aren't gonna find another. :flame:
zaga_fan Wrote:Let's watch the Heat actually play a freaking game together before we say they win the finals....

Like you said the other day, I'm more worried about the Lakers 4 peating than 3 peating.
Aslan Wrote:Like you said the other day, I'm more worried about the Lakers 4 peating than 3 peating.

Haha, funny post of the day.
Good one :Thumbs:
If they hadnt shot 25+ free throws in the 4th quarter they wouldnt be repeating anything.
Ballers Wrote:Yup, and after they lose in the finals to the Heat they can do an interview with Ron Ron and Thuggie, let em' tell us how they came sucha long way and came up short..

This looks like a much funnier post than Aslans. Congrats. :thatsfunn
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If they hadnt shot 25+ free throws in the 4th quarter they wouldnt be repeating anything.

Yea and if the rabbit hadnt stopped to take a s*** the dog wouldnt have caught it either.
K_Mac Wrote:Yea and if the rabbit hadnt stopped to take a s*** the dog wouldnt have caught it either.

I can't wait till the season starts. I am sick of hearing L.A. is gonna 3 peat. They barely made it through this year, I highly doubt them doing it this season with the Celtics and Heat loaded up.

Shoot, what am I saying.. THEY WON'T do it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If they hadnt shot 25+ free throws in the 4th quarter they wouldnt be repeating anything.

Gimme a break,
whining about the refs is for people who want to make excuses as to why they got dosed.
zaga_fan Wrote:Gimme a break,
whining about the refs is for people who want to make excuses as to why they got dosed.

No, give me a break. Boston was up like 13 at the half..
Half time, long enough for L.A. to pay those refs off I guess..

There's no question about it.. If Kobe is the "pure shooter" all you L.A. fans claim.

Then he wouldn't had went 5-21.. IN THE 7TH GAME..
And had so many flops to the line.

I just love these L.A. finals debates. I could go on for days.

Welp I'm sick of people talking about Miami's storied 1-peat that's gonna happen this year.
Because they added 1 guy that best I can remember has never suited up in the playoffs, and another one who's proved nothing but the fact that he can put up good numbers.
BTTT
It's a shame that this happened to Barnes.
I await the facts to come out before I say anything negative about the young man.
zaga_fan Wrote:BTTT
It's a shame that this happened to Barnes.
I await the facts to come out before I say anything negative about the young man.

Please, I told you he was related to Kenyon Martin months ago. :please:
Ballers Wrote:No, give me a break. Boston was up like 13 at the half..
Half time, long enough for L.A. to pay those refs off I guess..

There's no question about it.. If Kobe is the "pure shooter" all you L.A. fans claim.

Then he wouldn't had went 5-21.. IN THE 7TH GAME..
And had so many flops to the line.

I just love these L.A. finals debates. I could go on for days.

Not commenting on this....
you made this thread....
keep it on topic

Lol, believe it how u want. the entire nation seen the game. And if you think it was reffed fairly then your blind.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, believe it how u want. the entire nation seen the game. And if you think it was reffed fairly then your blind.

The Lakers were aggressive in the second half and the Celtics let Pierce shoot a jump shot every trip down court...Of course they are gonna shoot more free throws.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:The Lakers were aggressive in the second half and the Celtics let Pierce shoot a jump shot every trip down court...Of course they are gonna shoot more free throws.

Exactly. When you rely on jump shots your not going to shoot to many fts. The Lakers couldn't hit anything so they went to the goal and tried to make something happen.
Aslan Wrote:Like you said the other day, I'm more worried about the Lakers 4 peating than 3 peating.
I thought this was a great post, maybe post of the century. :Thumbs::biggrin:
Blah, blah, blah.
K_Mac Wrote:This looks like a much funnier post than Aslans. Congrats. :thatsfunn
:biggrin:

:Thumbs:
^ blinded by the light.
Not at all.
Every time your team don't win, you always have an excuse. Most of the time you blame the officials.
Well when one team shoots more free throws in 1 quarter than what the other team shot the whole game u gotta look at something?

I mean, we all remember that kings game dont we........
Well, I already dislike him.
^lol, I dont even care im just getting your guys panties bunched up. Smile, whats done is done.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well, I already dislike him.

I stopped liking him as soon as he became a Laker :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I stopped liking him as soon as he became a Laker :biggrin:

I started liking him once he became a Laker. :biggrin:

Not the case anymore.
Don't like the guy never have..
Every team I have seen him on, he's done nothing impressive.
Pages: 1 2