Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best WRs in the state?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cody Davenport--SR.--Bell Co.

Jeffrey Canady --Soph.---KNOX--almost 400 yds rec 3 games

Only two I have seen play....
Josh Forrest at Paducah Tilghman is pretty good on both side of the ball.
Jordan Olinger Hazard
Davenport of Bell Co
Canady of Knox Central
Hooker of Clay Co
watch out for adam bush for lexcath hes only a juinor and has been tearing it up this season
Pike Central has 2 of the betters receivers in the Mountains with Sophomore Wes Pugh and Senior Zack Johnson.
Two from the West End are Bubba Tandy- Christian Co. and Ryan Boling- Owensboro. boling has a broken hand and hasn't played this year. He'll be one of the better sprinters in the state in the spring too.
James Quick from Trinity is only a sophomore and his name speaks for itself. May be the best receiver I've seen play this year.
Josh Fletcher from Breathitt isnt to shabby.
Tica Wrote:Josh Forrest at Paducah Tilghman is pretty good on both side of the ball.

Based on the verbal to UK apparently they don't think he is to bad either
James Quick - Trinity
DeVante Parker - Ballard
bac2369 Wrote:Jordan Olinger Hazard

I've not seen him play since Perry and Hazard disbanded the rivalry.
But I would say he is a beast.
If you get a chance to watch Storm Wilson for Somerset I urge you to check him out. He is very, very good, may be the best WR in the mountains. He doesn't quite have the star power that John Cole had but he is very polished. Good hands, great route runner, great speed and he has a better team around him than Cole ever did.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:James Quick - Trinity
DeVante Parker - Ballard

add Canady and Olinger, and a few others that I cannot remember the names of, and I like the list! :Thumbs:
Canady From Knox. Hooker from Clay and Reid from Clay are great
Rusty Roberts from Shelby Valley. Last year he was invited the Virgina tech nike camp for recivers and also invited to UK's camp but he really dont get any credit due to his team they are not very good but he can play. He also plays corner back.
Bubba Tandy from Christian County is without a doubt one of the best receivers in the state and may be one of the top overall football players in the state. He is as versatile as I have seen play.
I second the nomination of Storm Wilson from Somerset. Storm will have some big numbers by the end of the year. BTW he just a junior.

Also Look at Steve McQueen at Pulaski also. Great speed and very elusive with the ball...will have very good numbers by the end of the year.
jarod harrington
boyle county
broke his arm in last week's game, but had a very good first 3 games. having watched him for a very long time, i cant remeber the last time he dropped a football
Jordan Olinger is someone who I haven't seen in person, yet, but I do plan to at some point and if he can continue to put up big numbers in football & basketball, than he'll become a very big recruit.
Jumper Dad Wrote:I second the nomination of Storm Wilson from Somerset. Storm will have some big numbers by the end of the year. BTW he just a junior.

Also Look at Steve McQueen at Pulaski also. Great speed and very elusive with the ball...will have very good numbers by the end of the year.

nahh not the best granted hes good but not the best yeah he has big numbers because coverage in the mountains isnt the greatest
I would have to put cody davenport up front with Clay co's hooker running a close second.
Harlan is not known for top WR's normally, but junior Vince Bianchi should be mentioned. 6-2, great hands, has 9 catches, close to 200 yds., through 2 games. Had the catch of the week on Sports Overtime in Week 1. Also a solid safety and return threat.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:James Quick - Trinity
DeVante Parker - Ballard

Parker is the real deal hands downs not even close.
This kid is big fast and strong. UL was lucky to get him
this early. And he has great genes his father is Anthony Shelman
former Rb for the cardinals.
IntheZone Wrote:nahh not the best granted hes good but not the best yeah he has big numbers because coverage in the mountains isnt the greatest

Ok well 90% of the receivers mentioned in this thread are in the mountains, are you saying that all these players numbers are BS because of "coverage in the mountains"? How many times have you seen Storm play? Once? Was it last year in the semifinals against the SC defense that was so good but apparently had terrible coverage because they were in the mountains? He is legit, no one said he was the "greatest", this thread isn't about the greatest single WR in the state. It's about the best WRs in the state and Storm Wilson certainly fits into that category, more would agree with me than you I can promise you that. How can you argue that an all state receiver as a sophomore may not be one of the best receivers in the state as a junior?
DeVante Parker- Ballard
Josh Forrest- PT
Murray- St. X
Fletcher- Breathitt
Parker will be an NFL reciever maybe the best WR from the state of KY since Jacob Tamme. Parker has all the tools size, speed, hands, and strength
For what it is worth. Bubba Tandy from Christian County has over 150 yards receiving at the half vs PRP.
Felix Colon of Lone Oak (Junior) has 13 receptions for 226 in the first three games. Alex Hill from Ballard Memorial also showed exceptional prowess as a reciever. ^_^