Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lone Oak @ Lexington Catholic 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions?

I'll take LO by 10.
Lone Oak 31

Lexington Catholic 20
lo 34-14
i'll take catholic in a barnburner 45-42
Not all is well at LO. Catholic will avenge last years game 27-21.
Tica Wrote:Not all is well at LO. Catholic will avenge last years game 27-21.

Injuries or interanal?????

I like Catholic to get things back on track with their season and win this by 7
Catholic will take this one by 7.
Tica Wrote:Not all is well at LO. Catholic will avenge last years game 27-21.

I'm not sure "all is well" at Lex Cath to this point in the year. The Knights have not played like the Knights so far. It's a toss up in my mind.
After losses to CovCath (who lost to Cincy LaSalle in a blowout) and St. X (2nd best team in 6A behind Trinity IMO) LC needs a win. IMO it will have to wait until next week. LO 42 LC 30
Hatz Wrote:I'm not sure "all is well" at Lex Cath to this point in the year. The Knights have not played like the Knights so far. It's a toss up in my mind.

that was my thoughts as well,i will take LO by 10
Hatz Wrote:I'm not sure "all is well" at Lex Cath to this point in the year. The Knights have not played like the Knights so far. It's a toss up in my mind.

Guys its just a matter of playing up to 7 sophmores on defense and 5 more on offense, including our QB(who so far as had the baptism of fire with the quality of competition so far and isnt geting any easier in the near future). He will be a dandy by the time playoffs begin as long as Lex Cath doesnt lose alot more players to injuries. (difficult to win with freshman). CAtholic has to endure 2 more games, Lone Oak and Boyle Co., before they can get to an easier portion of their schedule, except for Trinty, so they can get ready of the playoff season.
knighted Wrote:Guys its just a matter of playing up to 7 sophmores on defense and 5 more on offense, including our QB(who so far as had the baptism of fire with the quality of competition so far and isnt geting any easier in the near future). He will be a dandy by the time playoffs begin as long as Lex Cath doesnt lose alot more players to injuries. (difficult to win with freshman). CAtholic has to endure 2 more games, Lone Oak and Boyle Co., before they can get to an easier portion of their schedule, except for Trinty, so they can get ready of the playoff season.

I agree,once LC's young players start to come around they will be prepared to make a run in the playoffs.This schedule has to be right up there with the toughest in the state! For the next few years Lex. Cath. will be hard to handle.I have heard that their 8th grade team is really loaded, is this the case? :rockon:
LO
LC
Seems like both teams are having some problems this year. It should be obvious who I am rooting for, but Lex Cath does have the homefield advantage and LO is having some QB issues. Good luck to both sides, and go Flash!
The lack of production out of the qb situation at LO thus far is sending very strong signals out for help. They did not exactly come out and set the world on fire against a winless Marshall squad (that has 1 win in 2 years) last week. The same Marshall team that 1A Mayfield had a running clock on midway through the second quarter. I a going to predict LC big in this one. LO's decision to go with the freshman QB the day before their season opener has had consquences but he will mature as the season rolls along but he is not yet ready for even a average team.
Ill take Lone Oak in a close one.
LO in a not so close 1.
Lone Oak is not the team it was last year.

Neither is Catholic.
This one is hard to predict and since both teams are not playing well makes it even harder,so I'm going with LO by 3.Good luck to both teams.
13-3 Lone Oak with ~2:10 left in the 2nd Quarter.

http://cache.ihigh.com/loneoak/broadcast...verlight=1

Live. ^