Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Danville 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should be a great game with two of the oldest rivals in the state. Thoughts, predictions?
Somerset is solid, but I believe Danville is headed to the State finals this year.
Gotta go with the Ads at home.
This will be a real test for either team but i believe Somerset prevails by 6.
This is a really interesting game. They are both undfeated right? Plus its a Rival Game I love those type of games. Wish i could watch this one!! I will be back after doing a lil research on each team and then i will predict a score!!
Danville 28-14.
Axel Foley Wrote:Danville 28-14.

I like this prediction.

:Thumbs:
Somerset beat the Admirals 48-7 at the Briar Patch last season. But this season is a different story as the Admirals are much improved and the game is at Danville. I like Somerset because of their defense but Danville will definitely have a slight advantage in the speed department. I have to take the Jumpers though, 34-21.
The " Briar Jumpers " playin at "The Briar Patch" has to be right up there with the best names & locations of anyone in the nation for football, gotta love it!! :Clap:
Ricky Bobby Wrote:The " Briar Jumpers " playin at "The Briar Patch" has to be right up there with the best names & locations of anyone in the nation for football, gotta love it!! :Clap:

I agree, one of the best I know of......but I may be biased:biggrin:
i will take Danville by 10 at home
Danville at home. should be an entertaining game!
RoShamBo Wrote:Somerset beat the Admirals 48-7 at the Briar Patch last season. But this season is a different story as the Admirals are much improved and the game is at Danville. I like Somerset because of their defense but Danville will definitely have a slight advantage in the speed department. I have to take the Jumpers though, 34-21.

I think the Jumpers can win but do you really see them scoring 34 points? They have given up only 14 in 3 games and that would be a real jump. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I think the Jumpers can win but do you really see them scoring 34 points? They have given up only 14 in 3 games and that would be a real jump. :Thumbs:

I don't know if they will score that much or not but I do know that the more they score the better their odds are of winning (obviously). I guess I could ask do you really think Danville will hold Somerset's scoring total down because they have put up big numbers this season as well. Danville is good, Somerset is good, but I don't think either one has played a team as good as the other this season. Say what you want about Mason but Somerset is still the team to beat in the East this season IMO (Breathitt will be a hand full as well). This is going to be a great game and I think Somerset will turn some heads on Friday, they just have to keep the turnovers down and limit the big plays and they will be fine.
Somerset is as good or better this year. Danville squeaks by 17-14.
Somerset

Lynn Camp (0-3) 42-6
Southwestern (1-2) 23-7
Russell County (1-1) 63-19

Danville

Mason Co. (1-1) 21-14
Rockastle (1-1) 40-0
Pikeville (1-1) 54-0

Pretty even matchups with the one factor for both being defense. I know Danville's team speed is very, very good. That is what has fueled their defense this year. I was wondering how Somerset's team speed was. It's hard to look at the stats and believe either team will score a lot of points. I think it will be likely a 21-14 or 21-20 kind of night with a key break deciding it for either squad. :Thumbs:
I'll take Somerset by 12.
Ads by a td
Should be a dandy, I'm pulling for the Jumpers!
I hope that Somerset wins this game and I think that they have a VERY good chance to do so but right now I am giving the slight edge to Danville at home.
GOOD LUCK BRIAR JUMPERS!!
Danville 28
Somerset 14
This should be a great evenly matched game. That said, i'm going with Danville in a thriller.
Danville in a fairly close one.
Should be a very good game, and each teams best competion so far
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Should be a very good game, and each teams best competion so far

Maybe. Mason County was a pretty tough team for Danville. We will know more on Friday. Good luck to both teams! :Thumbs:
Tica Wrote:Somerset is as good or better this year. Danville squeaks by 17-14.

I agree with this prediction. Somerset is too fast for many big plays to get by them, but Danville is too good at stopping the run for many big plays to develop for Somerset. I like this somewhat low-scoring prediction.
Danville
No. 1 in 3A vs No.2 in 2A,you would think a 1 will beat a 2,but I like Danville's D, and at home too,so I'm going with the Ads.Also I would like to see Danville be 5-0 by the time they played the other Titletown team in two weeks.
Should be a fun one!!!!!!!!
This game will show if somerset is for real or not. I hope somerset pulls it out but Danville appears to be back on the right track. Somerset by 1.
Pages: 1 2