Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A title game predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Union Co 35 Madisonville-NH 19
I think Union Co gets by Tilghman this yr. who's coming from the East : Breathitt, Somerset, Pike Central
I'm taking Union Co vs Pike Central... other thoughts!!!!!!!
I like taking the dogs.................Anyone else seen anyone impressive in 3A that may suprise.. Other than Union and Pike Central..... Not looking for the favorites like Mason and Somerset............... Like Sheldon Clark, Russellville or Russell
breathitt is taking it home i dont care what anybody says i have total faith!
Union has the skills to win a championship this year, the defense held madison 35-7 until 3 minutes left in the game then jv went in, the defense is killer this year, watch out tilghman
If I count correctly there are seven (7) games yet to be played before play-offs, and that's quite a while. Remember where Paducah Tilghman was at the end of the regular season. Thus anything can happen!
Somerset v. Central
Yes, there are 7 games left but Pike Central will be there in the end and there will be a lot of Surprised People. This team has the Total Package. They have a Big Line, Receivers, Big Quarterback who gets the Job Done! Based on the performance from Friday night's game, regardless of whom they play, the Offense & Defense still has to do their job and they have to play as One Unit. I'm really impressed with Coach Chapman and the determination of the players to do whats necessary to WIN! :1:
Guys it's clearly obvious Pike Central is too good for 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A so this year the Hawks will be playing in the SEC where they can get a real challenge, and by the skill of these guys they may create their very only football league consisting of the AFC & NFC Pro Bowl Teams, the 2007 Patriots and the 1972 Dolphins.
10/08....C U there and can't wait!!!
I wouldn't pencil Pike Central in just yet. They have beat a really bad Phelps team and a really bad Boyd County team. The first four games on that schedule should be as easy as it gets and won't really prepare them for what is comming the last 5 games.

I don't know what Tolsia has this year but they are usually decent. I could see Pike County Central ending the season 5-5 or even 4-6.

They get two more easy wins and then we get to see what they are made of.
Its Still way to early to be prediction for this right now. Maybe toward end of the regular season would be better timing.
Pike Central just may be the toughest team in the mountains. But I like the Bobcats Of Breathitt County in a weak 3A region.
Too hard to predict right now.

IMO Central and Paducah Tilghman are still atop class 3A, but teams like Breathitt County, Somerset, Pike Co. Central, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, etc. have a chance at winning this season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Too hard to predict right now.

IMO Central and Paducah Tilghman are still atop class 3A, but teams like Breathitt County, Somerset, Pike Co. Central, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, etc. have a chance at winning this season.

I totally Agree on this.
UCFB Wrote:Union has the skills to win a championship this year, the defense held madison 35-7 until 3 minutes left in the game then jv went in, the defense is killer this year, watch out tilghman

and how many points did that great DEFENSE give up in there 1st game?i belive it was40t...and against Madisonville its not hard to keep them from scoring they have no OFFENSE,there 1st game 0 points 2nd game 50t against Webster,so come on..Union will NOT beat Central or Tilman
let tilghman play mater dei of IND and see how they fair, mater dei is top ranked in there class in Indiana, well see and tilghman lost to them in a scrimagge, with cox at QB they wont win state again, that wildcat was their only chance
Tilghman had three starters and a key reserve out for the Mayfield game. Tilghman will be fine in the district. Still a few rough spots to tweak on special teams. PT always starts slow. Wish they didn't, but they do.
FBALL Wrote:I wouldn't pencil Pike Central in just yet. They have beat a really bad Phelps team and a really bad Boyd County team. The first four games on that schedule should be as easy as it gets and won't really prepare them for what is comming the last 5 games.

I don't know what Tolsia has this year but they are usually decent. I could see Pike County Central ending the season 5-5 or even 4-6.

They get two more easy wins and then we get to see what they are made of.

:Thumbs: How do you know anything about them when the two teams they've defeated are 0-3 and 1-2?? :please:
UCFB Wrote:let tilghman play mater dei of IND and see how they fair, mater dei is top ranked in there class in Indiana, well see and tilghman lost to them in a scrimagge, with cox at QB they wont win state again, that wildcat was their only chance

i never said Tilman would win state again this year, i said Union WONT BEAT Tilman or Central... i am a Pirate fan and they still got along way to go them selves but they get better every week and play against alot better teams, and if they dont play with more fire they will go out in second round again, the east is alot harder to come out of,the west really only has Central and Tilman,and since its been 3a, when it was 2a it was e-town or OC, so that states my case...TongueirateSho
Cardinals Rule123 Wrote:Union Co 35 Madisonville-NH 19
I think Union Co gets by Tilghman this yr. who's coming from the East : Breathitt, Somerset, Pike Central
I'm taking Union Co vs Pike Central... other thoughts!!!!!!!

First of all I'd like to say it would tickle me to death to see Breathitt win it all and YES they may have a shot but there is way too much football left to be played.And 2nd you Union people start this every year for the last couple.I'll go with Central in the west since they are a 5A school playing down due to the fine print.
I'd say pike central vs paducah tighlman be a tough matchup I'd like to see that game
I love Pike Central, I graduated from there and they are a lot better now than when I played, however, I have to play devil's advocate here. PCC really will not prove themselves until they are about mid way through the season. Don't get me wrong I will be rooting for them all year but they still have to prove themselves against Belfry, Sheldon Clark, etc. Good luck PC!!!
hawkeye Wrote:Yes, there are 7 games left but Pike Central will be there in the end and there will be a lot of Surprised People. This team has the Total Package. They have a Big Line, Receivers, Big Quarterback who gets the Job Done! Based on the performance from Friday night's game, regardless of whom they play, the Offense & Defense still has to do their job and they have to play as One Unit. I'm really impressed with Coach Chapman and the determination of the players to do whats necessary to WIN! :1:

I'm not one to be concerned about players being recruited but I have heard the KHSAA is looking into some of PCC transfers. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? Not weather the these transfers are legit but weather or not the KHSAA is looking into it.
Wow!!!!!! a little early for this thread don't you think?
Bizzle Wrote:I love Pike Central, I graduated from there and they are a lot better now than when I played, however, I have to play devil's advocate here. PCC really will not prove themselves until they are about mid way through the season. Don't get me wrong I will be rooting for them all year but they still have to prove themselves against Belfry, Sheldon Clark, etc. Good luck PC!!!

man you really did graduate with honors,lol,the 1st post from a PCC fan that makes sense and beening honest...way to go:Thumbs:
Bizzle Wrote:I love Pike Central, I graduated from there and they are a lot better now than when I played, however, I have to play devil's advocate here. PCC really will not prove themselves until they are about mid way through the season. Don't get me wrong I will be rooting for them all year but they still have to prove themselves against Belfry, Sheldon Clark, etc. Good luck PC!!!

Ladies and gentlemen..I present a reasonable Pike Central fan! Wasn't sure they existed to be honest.
UCFB Wrote:let tilghman play mater dei of IND and see how they fair, mater dei is top ranked in there class in Indiana, well see and tilghman lost to them in a scrimagge, with cox at QB they wont win state again, that wildcat was their only chance

UCFB - You are the ultimate homer, but it is always good to believe in your team but becareful, wearing those UC tinted glasses for to long can casuse permanent damage. I would not bet against Central but I think and hope PT represents the west. I see Union in the 3 spot out west
I see a Breathitt Co. vs Somerset matchup coming out of the East!!
BELL COUNTY

OH Thats 2011 Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuppett777 Wrote:and how many points did that great DEFENSE give up in there 1st game?i belive it was40t...and against Madisonville its not hard to keep them from scoring they have no OFFENSE,there 1st game 0 points 2nd game 50t against Webster,so come on..Union will NOT beat Central or Tilman
Union County has beat Tilghman in the regular season the past two years but lost to them in the playoffs last year. They played Central a good game in the semi's the year before. They have lost to the 3-a state champion in the playoffs the past two years. This could be thier year. This is a senior dominated team and they are pretty good.
Pages: 1 2