Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Local child passes away, leukemia, Kyle's Wish started in memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kyle Smith was diagnosed with AML, an aggressive leukemia, in January 2009 at the age of 10. He lost his battle on August 1, 2010 at the age of 11. Kyle had left us with work to do, to help others during their fight against childhood disease and we intend to carry out his every wish. For his story please see his Facebook group page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=111336648899489&ref=ts

This little boy was from Elkhorn City. He was truly an inspiration to everyone who met him. I cannot name a kid who fought harder than he did and through it all, he came up with stuff that he wanted to do for other kids in his position when he was in remission and for his mother to carry out after he passed away. Read on the Pray for Kyle Facebook group page that I posted above if you want to be moved by his story and the incredible love and support he had through it all.

Kyle's mother started a group called Kyle's Wish, to carry out every wish that he had came up with to bring smiles to the faces of those in the hospital fighting childhood diseases. Kyle's first wish was to have cooler toys on the Joy Cart that comes around weekly to donate toys to these children in the hospital and even their siblings staying with them. Improving the Joy Cart is the month's project so below I have set up a place to donate if you would like your monetary donation to be turned into toys for these children. There will be new projects every month but this particular one is in honor of Kyle's 12th birthday this month. I believe in my BGR Family so please help if you can. If you would like to send it through the mail, just PM me for the address. Any donation is greatly appreciated.

Having a slight problem in getting the donations to show up on the widget on that page but they ARE going into the Kyle's Wish Foundation Paypal account to be used in the fight against Childhood Cancer and to bring a smile to these faces of these children fighting it everyday here in Kentucky.
If you have any doubts about donating in memory of this little boy to help a non-profit organization get off the ground, please watch the video to see his beautiful smiling face through a journey no child should ever have to take.

[YOUTUBE="Fighting for Kyle"]92k12frKwDw[/YOUTUBE]
The ChipIn page is now working with no problems. If anyone needs a mailing address for donations to be sent, please let me know and I will PM you Kyle's mother's address.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining the group, please do so on Facebook and support the projects we have going on monthly.
http://www.kyleswish.org is now up! Please take a look. Also, this month's project is art supplies for the patients of Kentucky Children's Hospital. We only need $12 to order the bags for all of the donated supplies to be delivered in so if anyone could help, please just donate what you can. Anything is greatly appreciated.