Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ South Floyd 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?

Should be a good game..... I'm gonna go with South Floyd by a TD at home.
Not gonna predict a score, but I think the Tigers get 1st win.
South Floyd will put up some points on our D. Paintsville is just gonna put up alot more.

Paintsville-45 South Floyd-21
This may be a very high scoring game. I think the big difference will be field position. As I said in a different thread, paintsville has a very good kicker. that might just be a huge part of them getting there first win of the season. Good luck to both teams!!!
I think Paintsville will eek out a win but it won't be easy. If the Tigers lose this one, they could conceivably go winless this season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think Paintsville will eek out a win but it won't be easy. If the Tigers lose this one, they could conceivably go winless this season.
Dont Paintville play Jenkins?

I think this will be a shootout. SF defense will have to step up this week. SF will also have to take care of the ball and not turn it over.

Im gonna take my Raiders though in a close one because of Home field and becasue Doderer is gone LOL.

SF 40
Paintsville 34
Billnz28 Wrote:Dont Paintville play Jenkins?

I think this will be a shootout. SF defense will have to step up this week. SF will also have to take care of the ball and not turn it over.

Im gonna take my Raiders though in a close one because of Home field and becasue Doderer is gone LOL.

SF 40
Paintsville 34
No, Jenkins is not on the Tigers' schedule and on any given night Phelps, Pineville, Betsy Layne, and Allen Central are all good enough to beat Paintsville. I don't think Paintsville has shot at beating Pikeville or Fairview. Paintsville needs a confidence builder or this season could be the Tigers' worst ever.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, Jenkins is not on the Tigers' schedule and on any given night Phelps, Pineville, Betsy Layne, and Allen Central are all good enough to beat Paintsville. I don't think Paintsville has shot at beating Pikeville or Fairview. Paintsville needs a confidence builder or this season could be the Tigers' worst ever.
I wish I could disagree with you Hoot but I can't. It is hard to disagree when you look at the D stats. The Tigers I believe have the second highest points allowed in the state. The Tigers at second at 172 in front of Paris at 163. The number 1 team is in 2A and given up186. I love the Tiger players but am real concerned.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, Jenkins is not on the Tigers' schedule and on any given night Phelps, Pineville, Betsy Layne, and Allen Central are all good enough to beat Paintsville. I don't think Paintsville has shot at beating Pikeville or Fairview. Paintsville needs a confidence builder or this season could be the Tigers' worst ever.

your right. The direction the program is going, it's making me sick. They have the players to have a good team and thats what is making me really angry about whats going on. . JTA done a great job as an assistant and was only given two years, and atleast he had a winning record. Look how tough phs defense was when he was the defensive coordinator. His first season he was left with a really, really young team. The school system run off a good coach for a coach that worked as an assistant under JT for one season. Guess the school system is getting what they deserve.
Superman20 Wrote:your right. The direction the program is going, it's making me sick. They have the players to have a good team and thats what is making me really angry about whats going on. . JTA done a great job as an assistant and was only given two years, and atleast he had a winning record. Look how tough phs defense was when he was the defensive coordinator. His first season he was left with a really, really young team. The school system run off a good coach for a coach that worked as an assistant under JT for one season. Guess the school system is getting what they deserve.
IMO , Paintsville "fans" ran off a very good coach in David Lemaster and then made a series of mistakes in hiring coaches. Had Paintsville shown some appreciation for the job that Burr did, maybe he would have stayed awhile longer and left some assistants behind that would have been ready to fill is shoes. Nobody could have kept the Tiger football program on equal footing with JC once Matney was hired, but things did not have to get this bad for the team.

Looking on the bright side, eastern Kentucky Class A football is more competitive than it has ever been without teams like Pikeville and Paintsville dominating their district opponents every season. Unfortunately, this seems to be as much the result of the decline of the Tigers and Panthers' programs as it is the improvement of teams like South Floyd, Betsy Layne, and Allen Central.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:IMO , Paintsville "fans" ran off a very good coach in David Lemaster and then made a series of mistakes in hiring coaches. Had Paintsville shown some appreciation for the job that Burr did, maybe he would have stayed awhile longer and left some assistants behind that would have been ready to fill is shoes. Nobody could have kept the Tiger football program on equal footing with JC once Matney was hired, but things did not have to get this bad for the team.

Looking on the bright side, eastern Kentucky Class A football is more competitive than it has ever been without teams like Pikeville and Paintsville dominating their district opponents every season. Unfortunately, this seems to be as much the result of the decline of the Tigers and Panthers' programs as it is the improvement of teams like South Floyd, Betsy Layne, and Allen Central.

And the fact that Hazard isnt in the district anymore if they had paintville and pikeville still wouldnt have won district.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:IMO , Paintsville "fans" ran off a very good coach in David Lemaster and then made a series of mistakes in hiring coaches. Had Paintsville shown some appreciation for the job that Burr did, maybe he would have stayed awhile longer and left some assistants behind that would have been ready to fill is shoes. Nobody could have kept the Tiger football program on equal footing with JC once Matney was hired, but things did not have to get this bad for the team.

I agree that Coach Lemaster was a great man and coach. I dont think the fans are the reason why he stepped down though. He did leave a good assistant behind when JTA took over but certain people ran JTA off so that an alumni could take over. Even if JTA would have won 10 games his last season, I still think they would have found an excuse to run him off
Billnz28 Wrote:And the fact that Hazard isnt in the district anymore if they had paintville and pikeville still wouldnt have won district.
It has been quite awhile, but both Pikeville and Paintsville used to be very competitive with Hazard. But even in its worst seasons, Hazard was never as weak as this Paintsville team.

To be fair, Paintsville's enrollment is among the smallest in the state. There are not many schools as small as Paintsville that even field a football team. An extra 30 or 40 boys to draw from at the Class A level can make or break a football program. Paintsville is the smallest school in its district.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It has been quite awhile, but both Pikeville and Paintsville used to be very competitive with Hazard. But even in its worst seasons, Hazard was never as weak as this Paintsville team.

To be fair, Paintsville's enrollment is among the smallest in the state. There are not many schools as small as Paintsville that even field a football team. An extra 30 or 40 boys to draw from at the Class A level can make or break a football program. Paintsville is the smallest school in its district.

Good point. Paintsville has always been a small school in their district and that still used to not hold them back from winning. I've seen Burr win games with a lot less talent, and JTA as well. With better coaching I think this years team would be pretty good though. I would have liked to see what ole Burr and JTA could have with this bunch.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It has been quite awhile, but both Pikeville and Paintsville used to be very competitive with Hazard. But even in its worst seasons, Hazard was never as weak as this Paintsville team.

YOur probably right, however SF probably still has the samllest football team in the district, I think they only have about 23 players eligible.
Billnz28 Wrote:YOur probably right, however SF probably still has the samllest football team in the district, I think they only have about 23 players eligible.

Is that in the entire program?
I have to go with the Raiders in a close one.
Billnz28 Wrote:YOur probably right, however SF probably still has the samllest football team in the district, I think they only have about 23 players eligible.
If I am reading the KHSAA report ("2009-2010 Audited School Enrollments") right, the enrollment of boys in grades 9-12 is as follows:

Betsy Layne 213
Allen Central 206
Pikeville 182
South Floyd 160
Paintsville 117

Of course, it is easier to get kids out for football and other sports at city schools like Paintsville because they don't have the transportation problems that county schools do. I know some homes in Johnson County are at least a 35 minute car drive from Johnson Central in good weather. Kids that ride a bus an hour or more in the morning and then have to find a way home are a lot less likely to play sports than one that can walk home from practice. I know that the transportation factor probably keeps the numbers down at South Floyd too.
south is going to work alot in this week practice because they let jenkins score way to much and also the only had one real day of practice and the done that to jenkins so if they get a whole week they should dominate and also 2 of our coaches had the stomach viurus so it was hard on the team
The SF game is the beginning of the most important part of the season (district play). Paintsville needs to forget about the first three games and take care of business in district play. IMO this district is a toss up.
I'll take Paintsville by 8.
Tigers get off the snide in a shootout PHS 44- SF 32. TongueirateSho
Superman20 Wrote:Good point. Paintsville has always been a small school in their district and that still used to not hold them back from winning. I've seen Burr win games with a lot less talent, and JTA as well. With better coaching I think this years team would be pretty good though. I would have liked to see what ole Burr and JTA could have with this bunch.
Wow!! You have hit on a masterpiece.Take Burr(who is to tight to buy a hamburger) JTA and along with him would no doubt come Joe C. Along with these you throw in a couple of old farts. No way would you get 60 pts against this crew. You certainly would not be the East Ky.pusharounds.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Wow!! You have hit on a masterpiece.Take Burr(who is to tight to buy a hamburger) JTA and along with him would no doubt come Joe C. Along with these you throw in a couple of old farts. No way would you get 60 pts against this crew. You certainly would not be the East Ky.pusharounds.
P.S. Although you can't really call him an old fart but maybe just a fart.I would like to put D. Ray on this staff plus the two old guys. If Burr was too busy think we could get Mr. Raines ?
What kind of team does SF have this season? what kind of offense do they run now?
i look for the Tigers to get there 1st win..
Pville by 20
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Looking on the bright side, eastern Kentucky Class A football is more competitive than it has ever been without teams like Pikeville and Paintsville dominating their district opponents every season. Unfortunately, this seems to be as much the result of the decline of the Tigers and Panthers' programs as it is the improvement of teams like South Floyd, Betsy Layne, and Allen Central.

Good post.
It could (and could is the key word) be a long night for paintsville. If paintsville lets the thought of going 0-4 hang around in the back of their heads, then the ride from Hi Hat back to paintsville will be longer than normal. Or the tigers could (there's that keyword again) realize that they can go 1-0 in district play and focus making the playoffs.
Gonna be a good game tonight I believe. I'll take the Raiders over the Tigers tho.
Pages: 1 2