Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If all the teams in your county were combined....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have on more than one occasion wondered what teams could really make some noise if all of there schools in the same county were combined.
Post what teams in your county, and others counties if you know it, and list what schools would combine. Also, feel free to elaborate on what kind of team this would be year in and year out, because it would obviously be like a bunch of all star teams out there playing.

Whitley Co.
Whitley Co. High School
Corbin High School
Williamsburg High School

I've always thought if you could combine these three teams, in some of the years where they were all really good, just how far this team could go like in 2008 for example where Whitley and Corbin were both regional champs and Williamsburg went 10-2.

Bell County
Bell County High School
Middlesboro High School
Pineville High School

Laurel County
North Laurel High School
South Laurel High School

Knox County
Knox Central High School
Lynn Camp High School
Barbourville High School (No football team)

I know Fayette and Jefferson Counties would be unbelivably awesome but for counties in eastern KY, I think would make a big statement as well.
Floyd County
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
South Floyd

Would make for a good 4A or 5A football team.

Pike County
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps

Would make a great 6A team that would be able to compete with anyone in the state, except for the big two in L'ville.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Floyd County
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
South Floyd

Pike County
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps

Would make a great 6A team that would be able to compete with anyone in the state, except for the big two in L'ville.

I agree, Pike County would have one heck of a team year in and year out if they were to combine all of there schools. I can only imagine putting some of those great Belfry teams and Pikeville teams together on the same field. The amount of athletes running threw that program every year would be great, way more than the 22 they can only field to play the game.
Pulaski County

Pulaski County High
Southwestern
somerset
Taylor and Campbellsville merger would be a 5A school, or maybe 4A, either way a harder class than 3A they are in now. TC can not compete in 3A and it sure could not compete in 4A or 5A. So nothing much would change with a merger of TC schools.
It would be good for one year but after that, you would lose a lot of players because you just simply couldn't play that many kids and many kids who are stars on their team would just get to see some special teams action to the better players on the other teams.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Pulaski County

Pulaski County High
Southwestern
somerset

These teams combined for a 31-9 record, 2 District Championships, 2 Regional Championships and a State Runner-Up finish last season. They would be a very strong 6A Team.
GREENUP CO.
Raceland
Russell
Greenup Co.
Would make a solid 5a or 6a team that would competetive across the state each year.

SHELBY CO.
Collins
Shelby Co.
Ironically, these schools just split this year. This year, Shelby Co. would be ranked around 6 or 7 in 6a. In the past, Shelby Co. had many peaks and valleys. Rarely they would have two real good seasons or two real bad seasons in a row. I think that would continue if they did not split this year.
Danville
Boyle County

How do you like that combination???????????????:yikes::worthy::rockon:
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Pulaski County

Pulaski County High
Southwestern
somerset

I think you would have one well of a team theres not a doubt in my mind that you would be a State championship contender year in and year out.
WhoYaWith Wrote:Danville
Boyle County

Highlands
Newport Central Catholic

I think it would make for a **** of a game.TongueirateSho
Boyle County

They may NEVER lose a game!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Floyd County
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
South Floyd

Pike County
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps

Combined enrollment for last year 1755. 6A
This is something I've thought about before

Would be bell, mboro and pineville. In the past I would say if this county was one school with bells size, mboros speed and the hard nosed will power of pineville that would be a force. That's what I said 10 years ago.
I don't think that team would be as good now as in the past since mboro has nose dived a little but would still love to see it. I guess they would be 5 or 6a
McCracken County

Paducah Tilghman
Lone Oak
Heath
Reidland

Competitive 6A; will be 6A without Tilghman in 2012.
Bowling Green
Warren Central
Greenwood
Warren East

This team would compete for a State Championship every year.
How about Hardin County

John hardin
North hardin
Central hardin
Elizabethtown
Fort Knox
Hazard
Hazard High
Perry Central

:kneel:
Boyle County

They would probably win the Super Bowl. :lmao:
Boyle County

Also. Boyle County/Danville combined would probably be a 5A school. :devilflam
09Dores Wrote:Hazard
Hazard High
Perry Central

That team would have a TON of speed.
Paintsville
Johnson Central

State Championships in baseball all the time lol. Would be a good 5-6-A football team. Basketball would be very very good also.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Combined enrollment for last year 1755. 6A

It's goes by boys enrollment, not overall enrollment. I'm sure it would be close to 6A still, but I'd say more like 5A.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's goes by boys enrollment, not overall enrollment. I'm sure it would be close to 6A still, but I'd say more like 5A.

843 boys enrolled in Floyd County schools last year making them about the 17th largest in state as far as boys enrolled.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green
Warren Central
Greenwood
Warren East

This team would compete for a State Championship every year.

This would definitely make for a tough team year in and year out.
09Dores Wrote:Hazard
Hazard High
Perry Central

No thanks. :zzz:
Campbell County would always be tough, primarily because of Ft. Thomas Highlands.

Heck, last year, Campbell County had the states leading rusher (Buckler of Bellevue) and passer (Kremer of Campbell Co). Toss in 5A power Highlands and 2A contender NCC and you have one heck of a team.
I would take our counties chances year in and year out except maybe for the areas around Louisville and Lexington which would make for unbelievable teams if they were to combine.

Hopkinsville
Christian County
Ft. Campbell

Would be fun to watch!!!
If boyd county fairview and Ashland combined Ashland would have a entirely new,Jv team with the exact same varsity roster lol
Can you dig it? Wrote:Highlands
Newport Central Catholic

I think it would make for a **** of a game.TongueirateSho

As if that is not good enough, You could also add the other Campbell County schools ( Newport, Bishop Brossart, Campbell Co., Bellevue, and Newport), and I think you could have a team to give Danville and Boyle all they wanted.
Pages: 1 2