Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds/Cards Weekend Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cards take game 1 by the score of 3-2 in a pitchers duel. This is four straight that the Cards have won over the Reds.
I went out to catch a little high school fball action tonight, didnt get to see the game. Did Chapman pitch any tonight?
I caught the final on my way from from the Campbell County game. From what I caught from Marty, Chapman was not used. Arroyo, Andrusek, Rhodes and Masset.

Reds kept Pujols 0-3 (he's now 0 for his last 16). You keep him in check, you have to win!

Votto was o'fer though as well. Phillips did start. That's about all I remember.
i hope the Redlegs Spank Those Dirty Birds (i can't stand the cardinals)
The Reds don't need to become complacent in their lead over the cardinals. I think they need to win at least 1 game in this series.
Great win for the Reds today. I think St.Louis is about through. At best for them we leave town with a 7 game lead and if they win their extra 2 games they have to play then it is 6 games with 25 games to go.
I hope the Reds do well in the playoffs though. As of now we'd play Philadelphia but it's really untelling since Atlanta since leads them 1 game and San Diego after losing 9 straight only has a 2 1/2 game lead over San Francisco.
.Wood pitched great. Chapman had some problems locating the strike zone but 2 ground balls got him out of the inning.
.If the Reds win tomorrow we'd be 9 games over St.Louis. I said going in to the series though we needed at least one win. Now we'll try for two.
I love actually being about to not worry so much about the division but worry about who has the best record in the league!! I think that the Reds are 79-56 where as the Braves are 79-57 so as of now, the Reds are the #1 in the National League. I can not wait to see this happen!!!
fanatic11 Wrote:The Reds don't need to become complacent in their lead over the cardinals. I think they need to win at least 1 game in this series.

At no point do you think the Reds were becoming complacent do you? I have yet to see this team let up one bit.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I love actually being about to not worry so much about the division but worry about who has the best record in the league!! I think that the Reds are 79-56 where as the Braves are 79-57 so as of now, the Reds are the #1 in the National League. I can not wait to see this happen!!!

Best record in the National League and the 3rd best in baseball. I certainly never would have expected this
The Reds looked like they might put away the Cardinals for good Sunday until Matt Holliday slugged a three-run homer off Homer Bailey, keeping some suspense in the NL Central race.
Two pretty disappointing games for the Reds. Chapman has came back down to earth in his last two outings. Today, the Rockies were hitting 103 MPH fastballs like they were only thrown 85.