Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fast Lane Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who all is playing in this and how are the pairings looking? GRC and Eastern, are said to be playing in it. Both will be ranked in the top 5 in the state. I have been told that the GRC coaches said they would come if they played somone not on thier schedule and the strongest team they could pair them with. Looks like it may be a Eastern vs GRC matchup.

Any other infor?
Gold Charger Wrote:Who all is playing in this and how are the pairings looking? GRC and Eastern, are said to be playing in it. Both will be ranked in the top 5 in the state. I have been told that the GRC coaches said they would come if they played somone not on thier schedule and the strongest team they could pair them with. Looks like it may be a Eastern vs GRC matchup.

Any other infor?

If this game is played, I will go with Eastern. That would be a very good game to watch.
goodguy Wrote:If this game is played, I will go with Eastern. That would be a very good game to watch.
It would be a great matchup. GRC only graduated one senior last year, so basically their whole team is back. The talent is there. They should be the tallest team in the state. I think you could make a case of putting Eastern, J-Town or GRC as the #1 team pre-season this year.
No pairings have been made yet but the 12 boys teams are Lou. Eastern, Christian County, George Rogers Clark, Bowling Green, Lafayette, Huntington Prep. Perry Central, Elliott County, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark, Logan West Virginia and Tolsia, West Virginia. From what I have heard they are still looking for a girls team to play Sheldon Clark in the girls game. I know that Boone County said no. Promises to be a great day of high school basketball.
Jed Clampett Wrote:No pairings have been made yet but the 12 boys teams are Lou. Eastern, Christian County, George Rogers Clark, Bowling Green, Lafayette, Huntington Prep. Perry Central, Elliott County, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark, Logan West Virginia and Tolsia, West Virginia. From what I have heard they are still looking for a girls team to play Sheldon Clark in the girls game. I know that Boone County said no. Promises to be a great day of high school basketball.

Thanks so much for the info. When you get the pairing, will you please post them. I see either a GRC vs Eastern, Huntington Prep or Bowling Green.( Christian Co and Lafayette is on GRC's schedule) There is alot of talent in this pre-season scrimmage, would be worth the trip to go see these teams and players.
As soon as I find out the pairings I will post them and yes there is enough talent to go go see abnd spend the day.
Is Logan coming back ?
never mind
Jed Clampett Wrote:As soon as I find out the pairings I will post them and yes there is enough talent to go go see abnd spend the day.

Could you give us some info on the schools from W. Va, I am not real familar with them, or what type teams they will have this year.
Sounds like a fantastic day of basketball!!! I would love to get there.
Logan is the defending Class AAA champ and has two outstanding players in Paul Herbert Williamson and a Coleman kid. Joe the Greek could probably tell us more while Tolsia is usually pretty good from what I hear.
Does anyone know who Shelby Valley is playing?
Was told today that Huntington Prep being a prep school could not play any Ky school. They would have to play W. Va school. Any other updates yet?

Also what is the date of this?
Not true as HP played Tates Creek last year and its only a scrimmage. Date is November 27 and the first game will likely start around 11 o'clock.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Not true as HP played Tates Creek last year and its only a scrimmage. Date is November 27 and the first game will likely start around 11 o'clock.

These games will be exciting! Always are! :Thumbs:
Jed Clampett Wrote:Not true as HP played Tates Creek last year and its only a scrimmage. Date is November 27 and the first game will likely start around 11 o'clock.

So scrimmage is OK just not a real game? Thanks for the info. Look forward to seeing how the teams are matched up.
Here are the top players for Eastern:

Abell, a verbal commitment to Bradley, a first-team All-Seventh Region performer as a junior, is the third player from Eastern to make a commitment. Lyonell Gaines will sign with IUPUI and Kameron Woods with Butler.
This is unofficial, but was told today that GRC would scrimmage Huntington Prep. If so that would put former AAU Indy Elite teammates Jeremiah Davis team against Vinny Zollo and the Cards.
While nothing has been finalized yet rumors have it that George Rogers Clark will play Huntington Prep. Lou. Eastern will play Christian County and Logan play Bowling Green. One boys team is still needed as the field will be eight games again as Johnson Central committed last week.
Jed Clampett Wrote:While nothing has been finalized yet rumors have it that George Rogers Clark will play Huntington Prep. Lou. Eastern will play Christian County and Logan play Bowling Green. One boys team is still needed as the field will be eight games again as Johnson Central committed last week.

Any idea of the times of each game? Who is Lafayette playing? I know that Lafayette and GRC are riding up together.
Johnson Central can't play in this if it is the 27th they are playing in the KBA showcase at Rupp on the 27th
Any update or official word on the team matchups and times?
The field should be completed this week and pairings should be made soon along with game times but right now it appears games will start at 10 that morning, then 11 : 30, 1: 00, 2 : 30, 4:00, 5 : 30, 7 and 8 : 30. Hope to have more information within the next few days:rockon::rockon:
Jed Clampett Wrote:The field should be completed this week and pairings should be made soon along with game times but right now it appears games will start at 10 that morning, then 11 : 30, 1: 00, 2 : 30, 4:00, 5 : 30, 7 and 8 : 30. Hope to have more information within the next few days:rockon::rockon:

Thanks JC.