Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Campbellsville\Taylor Co. Ticket Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The tickets for this game are $10 a piece. Way too much IMO especially with two below average teams. The game has been moved to CU, but still way too much for this match-up, or any match-up short of the state finals.
$10 for a High School football game? That is highway robbery!
Jarons Wrote:$10 for a High School football game? That is highway robbery!
That is what I thought. My daughter is a student at TCHS and they even have to pay $10. I am lucky, I work at the radio station and I do not have to pay for the game. C-Ville has a lot of fans that are lower income, and so does TCHS, that will not be able to come to the game and that is unfortunate.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That is what I thought. My daughter is a student at TCHS and they even have to pay $10. I am lucky, I work at the radio station and I do not have to pay for the game. C-Ville has a lot of fans that are lower income, and so does TCHS, that will not be able to come to the game and that is unfortunate.

Why did they jack the price so high?
Jarons Wrote:Why did they jack the price so high?
The game has been moved to Campbellsville University and their new facilities. I am guessing that CU has to pay for the facilities and have jacked up the prices.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The game has been moved to Campbellsville University and their new facilities. I am guessing that CU has to pay for the facilities and have jacked up the prices.

Are Taylor Co. and C-Ville big rivals? This could really affect attendance. I know if I lived in that area, I would not go just because of the prices.
Jarons Wrote:Are Taylor Co. and C-Ville big rivals? This could really affect attendance. I know if I lived in that area, I would not go just because of the prices.
They are bitter rivals. I think it is funny that they talk about each other and put each other down and they live a maximum of 10-15 minutes a part. The schools are less than 2 miles apart.
I hope it is a good game so everyone will their money's worth.
On a side, I hope to make there sometime. C-Ville is one of the few areas of KY that I never been to. If Raceland has to visit there in the playoffs again, I will be there.
I complain about $5 entry fee, but $10 is way too much for me. There may be only a handful of high school games I'd attend for $10.

These games aren't worth a $10 entry fee IMO.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I complain about $5 entry fee, but $10 is way too much for me. There may be only a handful of high school games I'd attend for $10.

Me too.
I thought there is a price limit from KHSAA. $10 is steep unless they have something tacked onto it like a charitable donation. I've seen that before where the cost of a HS ticket was higher, but the addition went to a charitable organization.
Where did you hear 10 bucks? Radio has been advertising 5$ and my son goes to cville and says they are 5.
LWC's first football game (College game) is only $8!!! lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I complain about $5 entry fee, but $10 is way too much for me. There may be only a handful of high school games I'd attend for $10.

I would pay $10 to see Bell\Boyle, but not Taylor\Campbellsville. The only reason I am letting my Daughter go is because she is a teenager and she thinks it is the end all of all games....GEEEEESH