Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County 2010/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here is a Schedule. its not done yet but it has most of there games some of the bigger games are in bold

Nov 30, 10 Wayne County away 6:00 PM
Dec 3, 10 Lincoln County home 6:00 PM
Dec 10, 10 Scott County home 7:30 PM
Dec 17, 10 Somerset away 6:00 PM
Jan 4, 11 Somerset home 6:00 PM
Jan 7, 11 Pulaski County home 6:00 PM
Jan 10, 11 Clay County away 7:30 PM
Jan 14, 11 Casey County away 8:00 PM
Jan 15, 11 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM
Jan 18, 11 Wayne County home 6:00 PM
Jan 21, 11 Casey County home 8:00 PM
Jan 22, 11 Franklin County at East Jessamine Jaguar Classic
Jan 24, 11 Mercer County home 7:30 PM
Jan 28, 11 Pulaski County away 6:00 PM
Jan 31, 11 Madison Central home 7:30 PM
Feb 11, 11 Southwestern away 6:00 PM
Feb 12, 11 Elizabethtown at John Hardin Duke’s Sporting Goods Valentine’s Shootout
Feb 14, 11 McCreary Central home 7:30 PM
Feb 18, 11 South Laurel away 6:00 PM
They play in a couple of tournaments but are not yet listed. I know they have a christmas tourney in Tennessee and I think they play a tournament in Corbin.
i can understand Casey being a big game, same district and all, but without Pittman should not be as big of a challenge. Lincoln lost 5 starters from last year, can't see this as being a big game. South Laurel lost a lot from last year. Southwestern should be listed as a big game as they will probably be rated #2 in the region in pre-season, return 4 starters and will be the home team in this game. Truthfully, Rockcastle could run the board during regular season.
Basketball Guru Wrote:i can understand Casey being a big game, same district and all, but without Pittman should not be as big of a challenge. Lincoln lost 5 starters from last year, can't see this as being a big game. South Laurel lost a lot from last year. Southwestern should be listed as a big game as they will probably be rated #2 in the region in pre-season, return 4 starters and will be the home team in this game. Truthfully, Rockcastle could run the board during regular season.

Pittman is only a jr at Casey. Lincoln and rock have are small rivals,and I missed Southwestern. that will be a big game.
Southwestern will be a big game and i agree that they should be rated #2. Will Pittman be able to return this year?
WaybackRocket Wrote:Southwestern will be a big game and i agree that they should be rated #2. Will Pittman be able to return this year?

Why would't she. did something happen that i have missed.
According to the Danville Advocate she has a torn acl. Hope she gets back soon.
WaybackRocket Wrote:According to the Danville Advocate she has a torn acl. Hope she gets back soon.

I hope she does get back soon. She is a really good ball player and has a great chance at playing big time D1 ball
If Megan has a torn ACL, Casey County could be in trouble!
lwc Wrote:If Megan has a torn ACL, Casey County could be in trouble!

She does have a torn ACL, had it operated on last week I think. Some say 4 to 6 months recovery time, but if I was her I would sit out until her senior season. Coming back too early could jeopardize her basketball career. this type of injury is not something to take lightly.
Basketball Guru Wrote:She does have a torn ACL, had it operated on last week I think. Some say 4 to 6 months recovery time, but if I was her I would sit out until her senior season. Coming back too early could jeopardize her basketball career. this type of injury is not something to take lightly.

Agreed! Rockcastle fans can correct me if I am wrong but, I believe Johnna Abney had this same injury, took her time to rehab, and played 4 years of college basketball, at least 2 years playing for a very good Division 1 Middle Tennessee State team.

If you talk to her, let her know that if she takes care of it, does what the doctors say, and stays motivated, she will come back as a force to be reckoned with in the 12th Region!
I'm sure she will have help in making that decision because she's too good of a player to injure herself more and jeopordize her college career. It wont be the same not getting to play against her when the Rock and Casey gets together.
We have had some real battles with Casey and Pittman. I agree it sure won't be the same without her.