Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro @ Clay County 9/3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts or personel views on this game? Would just like to see what people think about it with both teams coming off big wins in week 2.
Middlesboro by a TD.
Would love to see the boro pull this one off, but i dont see it. Clay 28-17
Clay by 3 TDs
This game will be a good barometer to see where that 5A district stands. LCC was the champ last year and thought to be the favorite. M'boro beat LCC and now we see how they stack up with Clay. I think Clay will be too big and physical for m'boro IMO.
Middlesboro will have back 3 starters for this game that didnt play against LCC.

IMO this game is too close to call. Middlesboro's D should step up and make this a low scoring game. Good thing for Middlesboro they have a FG kicker who hits 40 yarders all the time in Knuckles.
devildawh20 Wrote:Any thoughts or personel views on this game? Would just like to see what people think about it with both teams coming off big wins in week 2.

You going to the game with me and Cats02? Just call me.
I'll take Clay by 14.
i say clay by 3 tds
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You going to the game with me and Cats02? Just call me.

0k i will
too close to call both had big wins last week. If m-boro gets behide early Clay will run away with it.
Clay 28
M'boro 14
Clay 27
Middlesboro 15
Clay 20
MB 17

Clay's kicking game is a serious weakness. Knuckles could be a difference maker if Clay stumbles at all. But containing Hooker and Wilson while stopping Reed isn't easy and not likely for a growing and young Mb team. I actually think LCC will prove to be mostly unsuccessful this year.
i think after clays win against scott co they will start to roll.even the loss against kc you could see they had a good team/potential. and clays qb and recievers are as good as ive seen in east ky. clay 28-boro-14......btw i think mboro will be back on top in 2-3 years.
Football1 Wrote:Clay 20
MB 17

Clay's kicking game is a serious weakness. Knuckles could be a difference maker if Clay stumbles at all. But containing Hooker and Wilson while stopping Reed isn't easy and not likely for a growing and young Mb team. I actually think LCC will prove to be mostly unsuccessful this year.

Middlesboro has 15 seniors who have played alot of downs. Scott fell from #5 in 6A to not even being ranked now. Nor is LCC ranked anymore.

I honestly think Clay Co and Middlesboro are equal. The question is who will have less mistakes and penalties. Middlesboro will play ALOT of spread offense with a great QB and some tall targets at WR as well.
This game will definatley be a gauge of whats to come in Clays district. I was pretty upset earlier in the week with LCC's performance. The Cougars sometimes play very sluggishly and it bit them against Middlesboro. I was doubting the defense alot but now most of my concerns are on offense. Maybe they are having alot of troubles with the transition from Howard to Whitaker. Anyway back on topic i feel Clay is a hot team right now and should take this game. If Clay comes outta the gate fast then Middlesboro could find themselves in a big hole. Middlesboro coming off there big win also has tons of momentum. If they play solid defense and keep the score low then they have a very serious shot at the upset.
Clay co by 18
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Middlesboro has 15 seniors who have played alot of downs. Scott fell from #5 in 6A to not even being ranked now. Nor is LCC ranked anymore.

I honestly think Clay Co and Middlesboro are equal. The question is who will have less mistakes and penalties. Middlesboro will play ALOT of spread offense with a great QB and some tall targets at WR as well.
I was not aware that had that many Seniors. I agree with your point around mistakes and penalities as this will likely be a close contest where one 15 yard mistake could put Knuckles in range to end it.

Still, Clay will be a load for Mboro. LCC lacks a key weapon that Clay has - recievers. While LCC QB is excellent - his targets are not at his level. Wilson will test their secondary early and often. If they can stop the long ball; they have a shot, otherwise not so much.
Middlesboro
Clay Co. wins 14-0.
I have seen both play and don't see this one being close.
Clay Big..
Clay by 40 not even close
redstorm Wrote:Clay by 40 not even close

By 40? :dontthink
I think its going to be a great game. The only thing that will cause it to be a slaughter would be if Clay jumps out early due to some Mboro mistakes. If they can keep it a low scoring game and close I think the kicking game may be the decider.
My verdict isnt out yet on middlesboro.. they did make alcoa run 10 plays or so on the first drive and then after the punt return for a td they all stop playing and it got ugly fast. which shows a good team in alcoa and what use to be a uncoached team in middlesboro. but the new coaching staff did get the kids attention and got the win the next week. I dont know how to judge the win though. Middlesboro could have won by a larger margin but instead made it interesting. Dont think middlesboro could do that with clay on the road. maybe clay will over look the jackets after beating scott coutny. who knows. guess we will find out in under 24hrs
Middlesboro's JR QB Chase Roark got invited by Louisville to attend the UK/UL game on Saturday on a unofficial visit.
Middlesboro 13

Clay County 28

Middlesboro is real young and will make silly mistakes on the road.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Middlesboro 13

Clay County 28

Middlesboro is real young and will make silly mistakes on the road.

I dont know why people keep saying Middlesboro is young. They have 15 seniors and a 3 year starter at QB and 3 senior RB's. A senior Center that has started for 3 years.
Here is a list of Middlesboro starters, some only play 1 way.

QB/DB JR Chase Roark 6'3 198
WR/FS JR Deshawn Harris 6'0 166
RB/CB SR Cody Smith 5'9 178
WR/S SR Sean Frost 6'2 183
RB/DB SR Eddie Witherspoon 5'11 192
FB/LB SR Josh Delauer 5'8 192
WR/LB SR Brandon Strunk 6'2 193
OL/DL SR Brandon Foister 6'3 281
G/DL SR Thomas Daniels 6'0 242
OL/LB SR Jon Michael Evans 6'4 241
TE/DL SR Tyler Foister 6'2 197
C/DL SR Devin Akers 6'3 281