Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 8/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Bell Co
2. Pulaski Co
3. Somerset
4. Johnson Central
5. Prestonsburg
6. Belfry
7. Knox Central
8. Clay Co
9. Breathitt Co
10. Middlesboro
I don't think that Somerset shouldn't be that high and Belfry shouldn't even be in the top ten right now, not say that they won't deserve it at the end of the season.
What a joke~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Batpuff Wrote:What a joke~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would yours be?
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I don't think that Somerset should be that high and Belfry shouldn't even be in the top ten right now, not say that they won't deserve it at the end of the season.

Somerset went 14-1 last year and are 2-0 this year. Until a Mountain team beats them I say they stay that high.
Mine:

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaski County
4. Knox Central
5. Somerset
6. Prestonsburg
7. Clay County
8. Lawrence County
9. Whitley County
10. Middlesboro
Batpuff Wrote:What a joke~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be fair, WYMT is probably waiting for Lawrence County to play a game before ranking them. Check back September 18th.
I agree, LC has not been tested - but to not have them on the board is just not accurate.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Somerset went 14-1 last year and are 2-0 this year. Until a Mountain team beats them I say they stay that high.

That would be my opinion, also!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Mine:

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaski County
4. Knox Central
5. Somerset
6. Prestonsburg
7. Clay County
8. Lawrence County
9. Whitley County
10. Middlesboro

Blackcat I think you have your own team ranked a 2-3 places too low. The next couple of weeks should tell us more.
1. Bell Co 2. Johnson Central 3. Knox Central 4. Clay Co 5. Prestonburg
1.Bell
2.Johnson Central
3.Prestonsburg
4.Somerset
5.Pulaski
6.Lawrence County
7.Knox Central
8.Belfry
9.Clay
10.Corbin
1. Bell
2. Pulaski
3. Johnson Central
4. Prestonsburg
5. Somerset
6.Knox Central
7. Clay County
8. Breathitt
9. Belfry
10. Lawrence County
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What would yours be?

His would be Lawrence County #1.

Haha, just messing with ya Batpuff. LC should be in there.
WildDawg Wrote:1.Bell
2.Johnson Central
3.Prestonsburg
4.Somerset
5.Pulaski
6.Lawrence County
7.Knox Central
8.Belfry
9.Clay
10.Corbin

Corbin?:lmao:
easyM Wrote:Blackcat I think you have your own team ranked a 2-3 places too low. The next couple of weeks should tell us more.

Right now, I don't think we could beat the teams I have in-front of Pburg, maybe Somerset, but not the others.

We still have a lot of improvement to make. The team is still very, very young and they're making mistakes that would cost us games against good teams.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Mine:

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaski County
4. Knox Central
5. Somerset
6. Prestonsburg
7. Clay County
8. Lawrence County
9. Whitley County
10. Middlesboro

:Thumbs: I agree with everyone of them but Middlesboro, I know that they beat Letcher but how good is Letcher. I think that Pike Central or a Breathitt at the 10 spot
Bigblue#4 Wrote::Thumbs: I agree with everyone of them but Middlesboro, I know that they beat Letcher but how good is Letcher. I think that Pike Central or a Breathitt at the 10 spot

Why does Clay Co deserve to be in it and not Middlesboro? Scott Co went from 5th in 6A to not even ranked this week.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Right now, I don't think we could beat the teams I have in-front of Pburg, maybe Somerset, but not the others.

We still have a lot of improvement to make. The team is still very, very young and they're making mistakes that would cost us games against good teams.

Yep. Agree totally. The agressiveness and fast play is there, but inexperience shows from time to time. The defense is right about where I expected it to be (which is amazing considering what all we lost from last year) and the offense is light years ahead of where most people expected (due to excellent QB play by Crisp), but unlike last year when Burchett could just simply pass us back into a game, this team has a razor thin margin for error.
Bell couldn't do nothing with clay
bigcoach Wrote:Bell couldn't do nothing with clay

for millionth time, IT WAS A SCRIMAGE!!!!!:please::ChairHit:
:please::yawn::lmao:
I personally think that Pulaski is rated too high for right now, maybe on down the line they may get there, but I think right now Johnson Central is the 2nd best team in the mountains. Bell Co, as usual though, are in a whole other league!!

and the rams beat the patriots last week... nothing counts in preseason. i have seen coach hilton play people out of position in pre-season games just to see what happens.

when i played, he had me play defensive tackle in a pre-season game once. i was a 160lb cb... he just wanted to see what would happen if you put a very quick person over the center to get penetration at the line of scrimage.

i have never seen a team that LOST in a pre-season game still think they are a better team.
Somerset at #3 is too high; Knox Central is too low.

Middlesboro shouldn't be in at all yet. Where's the love for the Redhounds?
Gitback Coach Wrote:Somerset at #3 is too high; Knox Central is too low.

Love for the redhounds? So you say if you beat little ole Harlan City by 40 you deserve top 10 in the mtns? Not sure where your coming from coach.
Corbin has lost so much production from last year's squad but a good showing against a strong boyle co team may open some eyes. I don't think corbin can beat them but you never know.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Somerset at #3 is too high; Knox Central is too low.

What has Corbin done this season to be in the Top 10?

Middlesboro atleast beat the 5A District Champs from last year and they were ranked 8th in State in 5A when the Boro beat them and #5 in the Mountain Top 10. Was Harlan in any of those categories?
IMO Estill has to be in the top then if yall are putting Breathitt in there!
WildDawg Wrote:1.Bell
2.Johnson Central
3.Prestonsburg
4.Somerset
5.Pulaski
6.Lawrence County
7.Knox Central
8.Belfry
9.Clay
10.Corbin

how do you put Corbin there?