Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All A Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
15TH Region January 16-19 at Betsy Layne HS

Upper Bracket:
Monday 6:45
South Floyd vs Sheldon Clark
Monday 8:30
Shelby Valley vs Betsy Layne

Lower Brackett:
Tuesday 6:30
Piarist vs Allen Central
Tuesday 8:15
Paintsville vs Phelps/Pikeville winner which will be played Monday at 5:00

The 15th region got a tremendous draw for the All A State tournament. 15th plays the 2nd region. the 2 best teams in the 2nd are Lyon Co and Webster Co. If they win that game, they would play Washington Co, Caverna, or Moore. From the looks of the schedules of tose teams, their wins and losses, the 15th region champ will have a good shot at making the semis, IF they go down there and play half way decent.

The top rated teams are in the other bracket. Newport Central Catholic, Lexington Christian, West Carter, and Paris are all in the upper bracket.

BUT, if the 15th region team makes it to the semis, they would face probably the toughest team in the tournament, Monroe Co. Monroe is 9-2 with 11 point wins over Paducah Tilghman and Newport Catholic. There 2 losses were to powerhouses Sacred Heart by 5 nad to Clay Co by 3.
Do not know anything about Sheldon Clark. So I will say it will be Paintsville winning the All A and going down state.
Paintsville all they way
Paintsville
Shelby Valley

They haven't been playing their basketball here lately.. but I look for them to pull it back together and if we see the "real" Shelby Valley team come out on the floor... they'll be the ones heading to state.
I think if Paintsville plays the way they have been playing, it will be a toss up between them and Valley.

It was this time last year when Jarrell started flexing her muscles. If she turns it up and starts playing like that again, PHS all the way. PHS is a much better shooting team this year, except for the Magoffin game when they missed uncontested shots all night.

Stay tuned.

Paintsville plays Sheldon Clark tonight, Pikeville Monday, and Johnson Central next Friday. If you hear Jarrell getting 15 rebounds each game, then I don't think Valley can handle Paintsville.
shelby valley or sf
Paintsville
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I think if Paintsville plays the way they have been playing, it will be a toss up between them and Valley.

It was this time last year when Jarrell started flexing her muscles. If she turns it up and starts playing like that again, PHS all the way. PHS is a much better shooting team this year, except for the Magoffin game when they missed uncontested shots all night.

Stay tuned.

Paintsville plays Sheldon Clark tonight, Pikeville Monday, and Johnson Central next Friday. If you hear Jarrell getting 15 rebounds each game, then I don't think Valley can handle Paintsville.
Jarrell had 25 points, 10 rebounds, 4 steals, and 2 blocks. She came out of the game with 4:53 left after Paintsville got a 27 point lead.
Good luck to all teams!
I think Valley will upset in the tourney...