Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ironton, OH @ Russell 9/3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts?
Tough stretch of games for Russell with Ironton next and Ashland the following week. Win or lose Russell will learn alot about themselves these next two games.

I got go with Ironton but maybe Russell could pull off a shocker. The Tigers are big and physical with speed in the backfield. It will be rough but at least Russell has them at home this year.
Russell will use their homefield to advantage and come out with the victory.
Ironton 28-13

GO TIGERS!
Homefield, my field, your field, it wont matter! Ironton rolls over the devils!
As a dedicated Russell fan, the thought of this game this year is nauseating. Sorry but Hopfully Ironton only by 2 td's.
But I hope I am wrong to the favor of the Devils, who knows!
:devilflam
I don't know a thing about Ironton this year. But Ironton is always Ironton. I'd say it will be the same outcome as last year.
Would like to see Russell win this one. Always got to root for the Kentucky team. Ironton is just to big I hope the devils keep it somewhat close.
Its time to play the Lawrance County ALLSTARS.....Russell has proven they can stop the run. Its the pass defense we will have to worry about.
The tiggers bounce all over the devils I mean they have to keep one ky win streak going lol
Ashland knocked off Ironton last year so anything is possible.

I don't think the outcome will be like last year. This young defense has a chance to be pretty good. What I worry about for Russell is turnovers and finding a way to score.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland knocked off Ironton last year so anything is possible.

I don't think the outcome will be like last year. This young defense has a chance to be pretty good. What I worry about for Russell is turnovers and finding a way to score.
:lmao:
Ironton wins by 20.
I-Town 42-13.
The outcome of this game will be very similar to last year, if not worse.
Total Tiger domination.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland knocked off Ironton last year so anything is possible.

Comparing this years russell team to that tomcat team isn't fair coach lutz even said by watching film it was the best Ashland team he saw since 1990

I don't think any team is getting the tiggers this year Ashland has a chance but going to Ohio is never easy for a ky team those mysterious holding penalties or clipping will show up
Ironton is better than they were last year and Russell is not as good as they were last year. Personally knowing that there is about a 99.9% chance that this is Coach Lutz' last year coaching, he will keep his boys focused against the tradition rich Red Devils. I say this one ends up 48-12 in favor of Ironton.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Comparing this years russell team to that tomcat team isn't fair coach lutz even said by watching film it was the best Ashland team he saw since 1990

I don't think any team is getting the tiggers this year Ashland has a chance but going to Ohio is never easy for a ky team those mysterious holding penalties or clipping will show up
I'M not comparing this years Russell team to last years Asland team. Just pointing out that every dog/ kitty cat has their day.
the Tigers roll, that could put Russell at 1-3 after next week but who knows, could very well be same for my Pirates, as they get Asland this week and LCC next..
cuppett777 Wrote:the Tigers roll, that could put Russell at 1-3 after next week but who knows, could very well be same for my Pirates, as they get Asland this week and LCC next..

Russell and Belfry are likely looking at 1-3 starts. That's OK though. When you play that kind of competition it prepares you for later in the season and the playoffs. Russell will not see two better teams in 3a than Ashland and Ironton. Greenup County is not shabby this year either.

It really depends on how a team responds to a loss.
I'd like to see the Red Devils take it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I'll take Ironton by 21.
jgrubby Wrote:Its time to play the Lawrance County ALLSTARS.....Russell has proven they can stop the run. Its the pass defense we will have to worry about.

It's basically the same running game they had last year, oh.... I forgot they got another rb that's just has fast as tres wilks! (Except for that should be fine!) :lmao:
I don't know why russell could stop it this
year? They sure couldn't last year? :HitWall:
FBALL Wrote:I'M not comparing this years Russell team to last years Asland team. Just pointing out that every dog/ kitty cat has their day.

Lol! sorry fball just don't think it's going to be a Devil of a day!! Maybe a few years ago they may have kept it close but I don't see anything close to those evils of yesteryear?
BADCAT74 Wrote:Lol! sorry fball just don't think it's going to be a Devil of a day!! Maybe a few years ago they may have kept it close but I don't see anything close to those evils of yesteryear?

You ain't exactly the same putty tats as last year either. After the way Greenup ran on you guys I don't think I'd be crowing too much. You still gotta play the Tiggers at the Tank. Spank you very much.
Ironton will have their way with Russell again this year - the homefield will not help. Russell won't find the endzone and will have to settle for FG's again this week.
FBALL Wrote:You ain't exactly the same putty tats as last year either. After the way Greenup ran on you guys I don't think I'd be crowing too much. You still gotta play the Tiggers at the Tank. Spank you very much.

No we are not..... We are much deeper an more athletic than last year with all these sophomores breaking into the line up everyweek! New faces out there challenging the starters at Every practice! It's making all these kids ****ry for playing time. :rockon:
Wow, they need to purge some of the word filter.
FBALL Wrote:Tough stretch of games for Russell with Ironton next and Ashland the following week. Win or lose Russell will learn alot about themselves these next two games.

I got go with Ironton but maybe Russell could pull off a shocker. The Tigers are big and physical with speed in the backfield. It will be rough but at least Russell has them at home this year.
Russell will be 1-3 after the Ashland game, sorry but you are to young to play with the big boys this season, you should of seen this last season, getting beat by GC will leave a bad taste in their mouths for quite some time now, and I am glad too.
Ironton is always tough, gotta take the tigers in this one.
Pages: 1 2 3