Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 5A District 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How would you rank these teams right now?

IMO:

1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Harlan County
4. Letcher Central
5. North Laurel
6. Perry Co. Central
1. Clay Co
2. Letcher Co. Central
3. Whitley Co
4. Harlan Co
5. North Laurel
6. Perry Co. Central
1.Clay Co
2.Whitley
3.Perry
4.Letcher
5.Harlan
6.North Laurel.
I would go with Clay and Whitley with a tie for first at this point, then depending on how North played later on to day against Williamsburg would depend on how the rest shakes out, but ill go with....

1.Clay
1.Whitley
3.Harlan Co.
4.Letcher Co. Central
5.North Laurel
6.Perry Co.
MVP2 Wrote:1.Clay Co
2.Whitley
3.Perry
4.Letcher
5.Harlan
6.North Laurel.

I agree with this.
This was made after the week 1. Now All teams have a few games under their belt. What is everyones rankings now going into district play. Mine has changed a little. This is a very strong district and I honestly think there is no clear favorite and if each bring there A game they could win this district. Very fun district to watch!

1.Clay Co
2.Perry Central
3.Whitley
4.Harlan
5.North Laurel
6.Letche Central.( I really didnt expect to see LCC at the bottom)
MVP2 Wrote:This was made after the week 1. Now All teams have a few games under their belt. Whats everyones rankings now going into district play. Mine has changed a little.

1.Clay Co
2.Perry Central
3.Whitley
4.Harlan
5.North Laurel
6.Letche Central.( I really didnt expect to see LCC at the bottom)

Looks about right.
1. Clay Co.
2. Whitley Co.
3. Perry Co. (They got 3 of the 5 at home. That will help them.)
4. Harlan Co.
5. North Laurel
6. LCC (They got alot of problems right now, The players and coaches not on the same page right now.)(If they can get on the same page, they might win a few games this year.)
1.Clay Co
2.Whitley
3.PCC
3.Harlan
4.NL
5.LCC
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How would you rank these teams right now?

IMO:

1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Harlan County
4. Letcher Central
5. North Laurel
6. Perry Co. Central

Do you think Perry has moved up a little, Blackcat?
1.Perry
2.Whitley
3.Clay
4.Harlan
5.Letcher
6. North
cj2561 Wrote:1. Clay Co.
2. Whitley Co.
3. Perry Co. (They got 3 of the 5 at home. That will help them.)
4. Harlan Co.
5. North Laurel
6. LCC (They got alot of problems right now, The players and coaches not on the same page right now.)(If they can get on the same page, they might win a few games this year.)
You're right about playing at Perry. There's nothing quite like it. Wonderful experience. I think everyone should have the opportunity to play there.
dore20 Wrote:1.Perry
2.Whitley
3.Clay
4.Harlan
5.Letcher
6. North

Quit kidding yourself. Clay 3rd in this district.They have the best athlete in Hooker, best QB other than Johnson, and the biggest and toughest offense line. If Clay can get their D playing better they'll win this dist. with ease.
Some interesting facts...

Since 2007 when Kentucky high school football went to six classes, this district has been an interesting one. Mostly dominated by Whitley and LCC, there have been some great games. Keep in mind this was a five team district until last year when Harlan Co. joined. Heres a look at the district win/loss total and some info.

Whitley County
2007- 1-3 (3 combined losses for a total of 21 points-4th place in district)
2008- 4-0 (District Champs-Region Champions) (outscored their opponents 166-68)
2009- 4-1 (District Runner Up)
Overall 9-4 (1 district championship, 1 region championship)

Letcher County Central
2007- 4-0 (ouscored their opponents 164-105, also, 3 of their district wins were won by a total of only 10 points)(District and Region Champs)
2008- 2-2 (District runner up, Region Runner Up, their two losses were for a combined 9 points)
2009- 4-1 (District Champions by way of tie breaker, Region Runner ups,)
Overall 10-3 (2 district championships, 1 region championship)

Perry County Central
2007- 3-1 (district runner up, lost to Clay in first round at home)
2008- 2-2 (3rd place in the district, lost in the first round to Mercer Co.)
2009- 2-3 (4th place in the district, lost to Pulaski Co. in the first round)
Overall 7-6 (1 district runner up)

Clay County
2007- 2-2 (3rd place in the district, lost in the second round to Letcher County after beating Perry Co. in the first round)
2008- 2-2 (4th place in the district, lost in the first round to Pulaski Co.)
2009- 0-4 (5th place in the district, no playoffs, outscored 129-54 in the district.)
Overall 4-8 (best finish was 3rd, hasnt hosted a playoff game since entering the district)

North Laurel
2007- 0-4 (5th place in the district, outscored by their opponents 146-101)
2008- 0-4 (5th place in the district, outscored by their opponents 156-75)
2009- 1-4 (5th place in the district, one win coming against Clay Co.)
Overall 1-12 (Hasnt reached the playoffs since joining the district, best finish was 5th)

Harlan County
2009- 4-1 (3rd place in the district due to tiebreaker, only loss coming to Whitley Co. on the road 36-8)

As you see this year is about as even as this district has ever been, Letcher who has won the district two out of three years might not even make the playoffs and same can be said for Whitley.

In my honest opinion, I believe at this point in the season its wide open. I believe you can make strong arguments for Clay, Whitley, Harlan, and Perry. Letcher has been a dissapointment so far this season and North Laurel is probably due for a last place season once again.

The good thing about this district though is if any of the four i mentioned beats one of the other three top teams, they could easily get knocked off the very next week by Letcher or North.

Right now my district race looks like this....

1.)Whitley Co.
2.)Clay Co.
3.)Perry County Central
4.)Harlan County
5.)Letcher County Central
6.)North Laurel

I am a fan of Whitley, but I was not biased in this decision. My reason for giving Whitley the nod for first was because they get Clay and Perry at home this season. They could easily be knocked off by any team in this district if they have a bad game. I also believe this district could come down to a three way tie breaker and the non district games could decided your district champion, thats why these non district games are so important.
According to the new realignment, this district will lose Letcher and Clay.
That would only leave 4 teams in this district. They might bring South to this district to bring it back up to 5 teams, but they lost Mercer Co out of their district. It will be intersting to see where everybody ends up. This is how the numbers looks.

North 681
Harlan Co. 628
Whitley Co. 603
Perry County 525 (barely made the cut, smallest school in 5A)
Dang I put LCC 2nd and PCC last!!! I think I can change that now. Flip flop the two.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Some interesting facts...

Since 2007 when Kentucky high school football went to six classes, this district has been an interesting one. Mostly dominated by Whitley and LCC, there have been some great games. Keep in mind this was a five team district until last year when Harlan Co. joined. Heres a look at the district win/loss total and some info.

Whitley County
2007- 1-3 (3 combined losses for a total of 21 points-4th place in district)
2008- 4-0 (District Champs-Region Champions) (outscored their opponents 166-68)
2009- 4-1 (District Runner Up)
Overall 9-4 (1 district championship, 1 region championship)

Letcher County Central
2007- 4-0 (ouscored their opponents 164-105, also, 3 of their district wins were won by a total of only 10 points)(District and Region Champs)
2008- 2-2 (District runner up, Region Runner Up, their two losses were for a combined 9 points)
2009- 4-1 (District Champions by way of tie breaker, Region Runner ups,)
Overall 10-3 (2 district championships, 1 region championship)

Perry County Central
2007- 3-1 (district runner up, lost to Clay in first round at home)
2008- 2-2 (3rd place in the district, lost in the first round to Mercer Co.)
2009- 2-3 (4th place in the district, lost to Pulaski Co. in the first round)
Overall 7-6 (1 district runner up)

Clay County
2007- 2-2 (3rd place in the district, lost in the second round to Letcher County after beating Perry Co. in the first round)
2008- 2-2 (4th place in the district, lost in the first round to Pulaski Co.)
2009- 0-4 (5th place in the district, no playoffs, outscored 129-54 in the district.)
Overall 4-8 (best finish was 3rd, hasnt hosted a playoff game since entering the district)

North Laurel
2007- 0-4 (5th place in the district, outscored by their opponents 146-101)
2008- 0-4 (5th place in the district, outscored by their opponents 156-75)
2009- 1-4 (5th place in the district, one win coming against Clay Co.)
Overall 1-12 (Hasnt reached the playoffs since joining the district, best finish was 5th)

Harlan County
2009- 4-1 (3rd place in the district due to tiebreaker, only loss coming to Whitley Co. on the road 36-8)

As you see this year is about as even as this district has ever been, Letcher who has won the district two out of three years might not even make the playoffs and same can be said for Whitley.

In my honest opinion, I believe at this point in the season its wide open. I believe you can make strong arguments for Clay, Whitley, Harlan, and Perry. Letcher has been a dissapointment so far this season and North Laurel is probably due for a last place season once again.

The good thing about this district though is if any of the four i mentioned beats one of the other three top teams, they could easily get knocked off the very next week by Letcher or North.

Right now my district race looks like this....

1.)Whitley Co.
2.)Clay Co.
3.)Perry County Central
4.)Harlan County
5.)Letcher County Central
6.)North Laurel

I am a fan of Whitley, but I was not biased in this decision. My reason for giving Whitley the nod for first was because they get Clay and Perry at home this season. They could easily be knocked off by any team in this district if they have a bad game. I also believe this district could come down to a three way tie breaker and the non district games could decided your district champion, thats why these non district games are so important.

We are not region champs. We lost to Highlands in the third round that year.
Tailback44 Wrote:Quit kidding yourself. Clay 3rd in this district.They have the best athlete in Hooker, best QB other than Johnson, and the biggest and toughest offense line. If Clay can get their D playing better they'll win this dist. with ease.

And those two aren't even the best football players on that team, Miller is a beast. Clay wins that district easy.
cougarpride08 Wrote:We are not region champs. We lost to Highlands in the third round that year.

My mistake:HitWall:
ttt
1. Clay County
2. Harlan County
3. Perry County Central
4. Whitley County
5. Letcher County Central
6. North Laurel
I would not bank on anything in this district! Every year it holds many upsets and suprises. It could very well be the other way around.
1.N.Laurel
2.LCC
3.Harlan Co.
4.Whitley Co.
5.Perry Central
6.Clay Co.
Hilbily Wrote:I would not bank on anything in this district! Every year it holds many upsets and suprises. It could very well be the other way around.
1.N.Laurel
2.LCC
3.Harlan Co.
4.Whitley Co.
5.Perry Central
6.Clay Co.

lol..wow..
Hilbily Wrote:I would not bank on anything in this district! Every year it holds many upsets and suprises. It could very well be the other way around.
1.N.Laurel
2.LCC
3.Harlan Co.
4.Whitley Co.
5.Perry Central
6.Clay Co.

Nice, doubt it though. In order for this to happen all of the PCC 10-0 posters would be wrong and that would spoil their fun.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nice, doubt it though. In order for this to happen all of the PCC 10-0 posters would be wrong and that would spoil their fun.

You Coo..
1.N.Laurel
2.LCC
3.Harlan Co.
4.Whitley Co.
5.Perry Central
6.Clay Co.

:notworthy, I like that. Its true.
Right now, it's a tough call. To me, Clay, Perry, and Whitley are the best teams in the district but I'm not sure what order to rank them.
M m m member when Bobby Bouche't AKA the (Waterboy) showed up at halftime and the Mud Dawg's won the Bourbon Bowl!!!!!
Hilbily Wrote:M m m member when Bobby Bouche't AKA the (Waterboy) showed up at halftime and the Mud Dawg's won the Bourbon Bowl!!!!!

If you don't have anything intelligent to add to the thread then don't post.
Tailback44 Wrote:Quit kidding yourself. Clay 3rd in this district.They have the best athlete in Hooker, best QB other than Johnson, and the biggest and toughest offense line. If Clay can get their D playing better they'll win this dist. with ease.

SLHSCard Wrote:And those two aren't even the best football players on that team, Miller is a beast. Clay wins that district easy.

I don't see how Clay will win this district with ease. And I've not seen Clays Oline this year but I'd say Perrys is as good, if not better.
Pages: 1 2 3