Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fantasy Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
would like to join a league.
what do you mean ?
killersneakers Wrote:what do you mean ?

I think he means he wants to join a fantasy football league before they start drafting, which I would think is pretty soon.

bigjim4packers Wrote:would like to join a league.

Here are two fantasy football leagues:

Yahoo: [ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89900"]http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89900[/ame] (Check with CardinalAlum, though. There weren't very many players in this league so he might have already deleted it.)
ESPN: [ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90240"]http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90240[/ame] (It might be too late to join this fantasy football league. They might have already drafted, or at least their draft might be today. Check with The BrahmaBull.)
just wondering if there was a bgr league I could join. I looked at the one that was posted on another thread but it said it didn't exist. I love fantasy football but, i would like to be in a league with people i'm familar with. No one I work with watches NFL football. I usually get on a random league on espn and half the league quits before it's over. I hate that. If anyone wants to start a league, me and my brother (eagle dad 2014 ) would be glad to join.
bigjim4packers Wrote:just wondering if there was a bgr league I could join. I looked at the one that was posted on another thread but it said it didn't exist. I love fantasy football but, i would like to be in a league with people i'm familar with. No one I work with watches NFL football. I usually get on a random league on espn and half the league quits before it's over. I hate that. If anyone wants to start a league, me and my brother (eagle dad 2014 ) would be glad to join.

I'll be glad to start one. I'm not sure how successful it'll be, though. If you don't mind, I prefer to wait until tomorrow to try to create it, though.
How many people would be interested in joining a fantasy football team on yahoo.com? I wanted to see whether or not we would have enough people.

If we did make an official bluegrassrivals.com fantasy football league, we would probably have to open our league to the public.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:How many people would be interested in joining a fantasy football team on yahoo.com? I wanted to see whether or not we would have enough people.

If we did make an official bluegrassrivals.com fantasy football league, we would probably have to open our league to the public.

I wouldn't mind waiting to do the draft till preseason is over. That way we don't get stuck with an injured player. You can make it and see how many people we can get in it. I know me and my brother would join it. We could do the draft on tues. before the first game which is on thur. the 9th i think. 8 or 9 o'clock would be a good time for me. let me know when so i can be off from work. I'll try to recruit from this side, maybe we can get enough for 8 or 10 players. thanks
Here's what I think you need to know:

Team Name: Official BluegrassRivals.com
Password: 12345

Please feel free to join! We're going to need as many users in this league as we can. Would everyone prefer an auction draft or a standard draft?

The draft will be September 9 at 8:00 pm. Is everyone fine with that time?
Minn vrs. New Orleans at 8:30 on thur the 9th. Not enough time to draft.
I hope u guys dont think im stupid or anything, but what all do u do in a fantasy football league? i havnt ever done one..
bigjim4packers Wrote:Minn vrs. New Orleans at 8:30 on thur the 9th. Not enough time to draft.

Sorry, I meant September 7th (Tuesday) at 8:00 pm. Is this a good time?

K_Mac Wrote:I hope u guys dont think im stupid or anything, but what all do u do in a fantasy football league? i havnt ever done one..

First, there's the draft to get NFL players on your team. In the draft, you try to get the players that you think will have the best stats in the NFL.

Once you have your team, you play against others in your league. For every week, there's a game. The better stats your football players have, the more points you get. Whoever has the most points in the end (after all the NFL games have been played for that week) wins that game. By the end of the season, you can get to the playoffs if you're ranked high enough in the standings.

By the way, you can also trade, add, and release players during mid-season to help your team.
[quote=Deathstar 80]Sorry, I meant September 7th (Tuesday) at 8:00 pm. Is this a good time?

great time, will be there.
K_Mac Wrote:I hope u guys dont think im stupid or anything, but what all do u do in a fantasy football league? i havnt ever done one..

It's awesome cause you not only watch your favorite team, you also watch other games to see how your fantasy player are doing. use the ID and password Deathstar posted. If you want to be in it and can't be there for the draft, you can go on there before tues. and set up an auto draft. Need help just ask.
What's the ID #?

Also, runningbacks get you more points, qbs. and wr. are what you work on next. TE, Defense and kickers round out the draft. You have to pick a team defense not just a player. you also will need some bench players to sub when your starters are in a by week.

here's how you score.
say your qb. is the Aaron Rodgers and he throws for 300 yrds. you get 1 pt for evey 20 yrds. If he throws 3 touchdowns you get 6 pts. per td. If he runs for 40 you get 1pt every 20yrds. total pts.= 35pts.
it's pretty much the same for the rest of your players.
Your defense you choose gets points for int, sacks, blocked kicks, punt returns for touchdowns, ect.
scores will depend on how deathstar 80 has it set up.
Aslan Wrote:What's the ID #?

If he made it public, i couldn't find it. I never seen an ID#. We'll have to wait on deathstar 80 to see.
Aslan Wrote:What's the ID #?

bigjim4packers Wrote:If he made it public, i couldn't find it. I never seen an ID#. We'll have to wait on deathstar 80 to see.

Sorry. :biggrin: I think this is the ID number: 658372
bigjim4packers Wrote:It's awesome cause you not only watch your favorite team, you also watch other games to see how your fantasy player are doing. use the ID and password Deathstar posted. If you want to be in it and can't be there for the draft, you can go on there before tues. and set up an auto draft. Need help just ask.

Thanks big jim i believe i will attempt to join. I have never done this so i dont expect to do too great, but it sounds like fun, and ill give it a try.
I joined. The 7th is a good day for me too.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Sorry. :biggrin: I think this is the ID number: 658372

Your doin fine commish.
Im still going to try to join, but tuesday the 7th at 8 I have a night class. But I can probably get my brother to draft for me, we think about alike anyway (in football that is, basketball is a fight/argument everytime) lol
bigjim4packers Wrote:Your doin fine commish.

:thanks:

We do have a problem, though. We only have 5 total people in our league (meaning that we'll probably be facing the same opponents 3 or 4 times). The schedule is also a little "wacky", and I can't change it since there's an odd-number of teams (If you check your schedule, you will notice that you have 3 bye weeks while I only have 2.) If any of you think we should go ahead and end the league, feel free to e-mail me at [email]dthstr80@yahoo.com[/email]. Or you can go ahead and exit the league if you want to. I'll probably won't get rid of the league, though, if I can help it.

Also, which do you prefer for a draft? An auction draft or a regular, standard draft?

If you're thinking of joining, feel welcome to join. We have plenty of spots left.
Standard draft.
We still have plenty of room left! Here's the information you need:

Yahoo League
League ID#: 658372
Im in, however i cant make the live draft. Ill be at a football game.
A bunch of Army buddies and I started one...our draft is tomorrow night.
K_Mac Wrote:Im still going to try to join, but tuesday the 7th at 8 I have a night class. But I can probably get my brother to draft for me, we think about alike anyway (in football that is, basketball is a fight/argument everytime) lol

it will let you set up a draft sheet to pick the players you want. if they are available when it's your turn it will pick your top player. if you don't set up a list and nobody drafts for you, it will pick you the best player available according to yahoo's list. either way you'll get players.
We now have 9 teams! And from what I've recently heard, we might get two more teams! Smile

If you want to join, please feel free to join. We still have plenty of space. Here's the information you need to know:

League ID#: 658372
i joined . i wont be able to draft tomorrow but pre ranked my players.
10 teams so far. Sounds like it could be good!
Pages: 1 2