Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone County 28 Henry Clay 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
wow congrats to Boone
Kinda of a shocker imo.
Trust me, it's a HUGE shocker.:rockon:
Not as much a shocker to those of us in NKY. 6A football in NKY is very very good!
Picked this one, Congrats Boone!
Stardust Wrote:Not as much a shocker to those of us in NKY. 6A football in NKY is very very good!

I AM in NKY. Trust me, this is a shocker. :yikes: I have Boone County friends who will back me on this. Way to go, Rebs.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I AM in NKY. Trust me, this is a shocker. :yikes: I have Boone County friends who will back me on this. Way to go, Rebs.

Lol, I am in NKY! I am in 6A! And I know the Boone Coaching staff. This program was destined to be better than last year. Boone knew going in that they had a great chance to run the ball in big situations due to what HC lost on the line. Looks like they did just that. :Thumbs:
Boone County capitalized off of three turnovers that lead to excellent field position and three ensuing TDs.

Boone took a 14-13 lead into halftime after a one-yard TD run by RB Jordan Oppenheimer, which was setup by an interception by junior DB Kurt Curry.


Oppenheimer carried 37 times for 197 yards and three rushing TDs.

Boone County 0 14 7 7 -- 28
Henry Clay 7 6 6 0 -- 19

HC–Smith 29 FR (Johnson Kick)
BC–Oppenheimer 40 Run (Moreno Kick)
BC–Oppenheimer 1 Run (Moreno kick)
HC–Guy 20 pass from Williams (failed kick)
HC–Williams 42 run (conversion failed)
BC–Mullins 15 pass from Thompson (Moreno kick)
BC–Oppenheimer 2 run (Moreno kick)
Records: BC 1-0, HC 0-1
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...308270030/
Boone County's physical style of football has given Henry Clay plenty of bruises over the years, and the Rebels did it again in the season opener Friday night. They probably bruised the Blue Devils' egos, too, in a 28-19 victory in the iHigh Football Frenzy at Henry Clay.

"It wasn't a fun night for us," Devils Coach Sam Simpson said. Henry Clay, which won 10 games last fall, was in everybody's pre-season Class 6A top 10 this year while Boone County was coming off its first losing season (4-7) in more than a decade. "I told the kids all week to never underestimate Boone County because they're always physical," Simpson said.

Jordan Oppenheimer led the Rebels' power ground attack. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound senior ran 34 times for 176 yards and three touchdowns. Boone County controlled the ball and the clock thanks to its offensive line. The Rebels got off almost three times as many plays (63 to 22), and owned time of possession (34 minutes to 16). "We like to be physical and run the ball, and we were able to do that tonight," Coach Rick Thompson said.

The Rebels surprised Henry Clay through the air. Quarterback Bryson Thompson, the coach's son, completed four of six passes for 45 yards, including a 19-yard TD pass to Jake Mullins on fourth-and-seven. The Rebels also burned Henry Clay with a 37-yard halfback option pass from Kameron Schwartz to Caden Doyle that set up a score. The Devils' defense couldn't consistently stop Boone County on third down. (The Rebels were 7-for-13.)

Boone County's defense did a decent job of keeping Henry Clay's speedy skill people in check. Devils quarterback Jerry Williams scrambled for a 42-yard TD run, and he threw a 29-yard TD pass to Evander Harris. Henry Clay's other score came on Blake Green's fumble return less than a minute into the game. Penalties and turnovers were costly to the Devils. They had two long TDs wiped out by flags, and they lost two fumbles and an interception. Simpson said his team "didn't show a whole lot of emotion," because it might have gotten distracted by its pre-season rating. "We've gotta do the work on the field and answer the bell," he said.

Boone County, on the other hand, showed that it is determined to make up for last year's struggles. Thompson said he challenged his players in the off-season, and that they responded "with a lot of heart." Oppenheimer agreed. "Oh my gosh," he said. "We busted our butts all winter long. We're like a new team this year."

Boone County 0 14 7 7—28
Henry Clay 7 6 6 0—19
HC—Blake Green 29 fumble return (A.J. Yewell kick). BC—Jordan Oppenheimer 40 run (Maurcio Moreno kick). BC—Oppenheimer 2 run (Moreno kick). HC—Evander Harris 20 pass from Jerry Williams (kick failed). HC—Williams 42 run (rush failed). BC—Jake Mullins 19 pass from Bryson Thompson (Moreno kick). BC—Oppenheimer 2 run (Moreno).

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/28/14102...z0xu3zMoPl
WOW. Congrats to Boone Co.