Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Great Nba performances thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CHICAGO BULLS

* Michael Jordan 56 pts GM3/First Round 1992 - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=uQ4h...eature=related

* Michael Jordan vs Drazen Petrovic - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=8lqi4rd6y38

* Michael Jordan 40 pts, 18pts in a row, 1986 - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=Tpx_...eature=related

* Michael Jordan "Flu Game" - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=A4BswHnf0xM

* Derrick Rose career high 39 points vs Celtics - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=VBxWii3ZbxU
Dude this needs to be in the pro thread not high school basketball thread. Could a mod please move it?
^^lol, poor noobs.
killersneakers Wrote:CHICAGO BULLS

* Michael Jordan 56 pts GM3/First Round 1992 - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=uQ4h...eature=related

* Michael Jordan vs Drazen Petrovic - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=8lqi4rd6y38

* Michael Jordan 40 pts, 18pts in a row, 1986 - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=Tpx_...eature=related

* Michael Jordan "Flu Game" - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=A4BswHnf0xM

* Derrick Rose career high 39 points vs Celtics - http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=VBxWii3ZbxU

ugh....

ban

just playing.
A noob said that to ballers on another thread
Moved
Greatest NBA performances?
1. T-Mac 13 points, 33 seconds
2. Kobe goes for 81
K_Mac Wrote:Greatest NBA performances?
1. T-Mac 13 points, 33 seconds
2. Kobe goes for 81

:Thumbs:

Shaq with 60 pts.
Um....
how bout Wilt going for 100 lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Um....
how bout Wilt going for 100 lol

That was in the old days when talented bball players didn't exist :please:
MJ or none of the greats were in this time period.
Ballers Wrote:That was in the old days when talented bball players didn't exist :please:
MJ or none of the greats were in this time period.

Wilt Chamberlain,Bill Russel, Bob Cousy, Pistol Pete, Dr.J, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor....
Do you not consider these guys "the greats"?
zaga_fan Wrote:Wilt Chamberlain,Bill Russel, Bob Cousy, Pistol Pete, Dr.J, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor....

Any one of those guys is better than anyone on the roster that Kobe dropped 81 on.
zaga_fan Wrote:Any one of those guys is better than anyone on the roster that Kobe dropped 81 on.

dont matter lol. Kobe dropping 81 was great,
#1 Will Chamberlain 100 POINTS

#2 any others!
zaga_fan Wrote:Wilt Chamberlain,Bill Russel, Bob Cousy, Pistol Pete, Dr.J, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor....

Now who exactly could guard wilt when he dropped that 100?

Its like Lisa Leslie dropping 101 by half time then refusing to play the second half.

Its so much more impressive when a guard, Michael, Kobe, Iverson, Lebron, Anyone drops 50+ points, Because they do it on every aspect of the court, Not just the paint.
Kobe's 81 has to be up there. 81 points in today's NBA? I don't care which team it's against, thats nearly impossible to do.
itzAmazing Wrote:Kobe's 81 has to be up there. 81 points in today's NBA? I don't care which team it's against, thats nearly impossible to do.

I agree my friend.
zaga_fan Wrote:Any one of those guys is better than anyone on the roster that Kobe dropped 81 on.

We could take the new all stars against the old in a simulation and find out who'd win??

Or we could always play 2k9 2k10 or something Big Grin
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Now who exactly could guard wilt when he dropped that 100?

Its like Lisa Leslie dropping 101 by half time then refusing to play the second half.

Its so much more impressive when a guard, Michael, Kobe, Iverson, Lebron, Anyone drops 50+ points, Because they do it on every aspect of the court, Not just the paint.

Thanks for having my back on that mate!
Zaga, back when those ppl played there was no such thing as a cross over or behind the back or 360 dunk.
Ballers Wrote:Zaga, back when those ppl played there was no such thing as a cross over or behind the back or 360 dunk.

Well cross-overs have been around for a LONG time bro....
and going behind the back does the same thing as doing it in front of you...
and a 360 dunk is equal to the same amount of points as a layup.
Wilt's 100 is by far the best performance ever.
It will probably never be repeated.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Now who exactly could guard wilt when he dropped that 100?

So Wilt's performance wasn't great because no one could guard him?
That makes a lot of sense....

NBA basketball and girls HS basketball is something you shouldn't even try to compare.

And let me get this straight....
A guard that goes for 50 is more impressive than a center going for 100?!?!
I think it's harder getting 100 points in the paint than it is to get 81 from jump shots and free throws.
Wilt didn't even have a 3 pt line to shoot from if he wanted it.
itzAmazing Wrote:Kobe's 81 has to be up there. 81 points in today's NBA? I don't care which team it's against, thats nearly impossible to do.

zaga_fan Wrote:So Wilt's performance wasn't great because no one could guard him?
That makes a lot of sense....

NBA basketball and girls HS basketball is something you shouldn't even try to compare.

And let me get this straight....
A guard that goes for 50 is more impressive than a center going for 100?!?!
I think it's harder getting 100 points in the paint than it is to get 81 from jump shots and free throws.
Wilt didn't even have a 3 pt line to shoot from if he wanted it.

It does make alot of sense, It would be like sending the shaq to play against a white prep school.

Your saying wilt didnt shoot no free throws? He shot atleast 30 without even looking at the stats, It much more impressive when someone makes a jumpshot then a 7'1 center dominating the paint with layups and dunks.

I'm comparing it because she done it in 1 half, with easy competition, the same way wilt done it. The level of play has been elevated with the coming of much more athletic players to defend the "Superstars". Wilt did not perform with the defenders that the players face today.

Note when kobe scored 81 points, he shot 20 less shots than wilt. but then again, Wilt had 25 rebounds..

I seen on the news, a kid form Villinova, Corey Fisher scored 105 points? but there is no evidence?
^ I was actually going to compare it to Shaq in his prime against a regular high school team..
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It does make alot of sense, It would be like sending the shaq to play against a white prep school.

Your saying wilt didnt shoot no free throws? He shot atleast 30 without even looking at the stats, It much more impressive when someone makes a jumpshot then a 7'1 center dominating the paint with layups and dunks.

I'm comparing it because she done it in 1 half, with easy competition, the same way wilt done it. The level of play has been elevated with the coming of much more athletic players to defend the "Superstars". Wilt did not perform with the defenders that the players face today.

Note when kobe scored 81 points, he shot 20 less shots than wilt. but then again, Wilt had 25 rebounds..

I seen on the news, a kid form Villinova, Corey Fisher scored 105 points? but there is no evidence?

High School basketball is full of people that play because that's what they love to do and even though they aren't the best, they still get out and play.
The NBA has THE BEST players available in the world at ANY given time. There is no comparison.
Wilt was playing basketball against grown men that make a living because they excel at basketball.

I can promise you the majority of Wilt's points came from the paint.
He was a 50% FT shooter for his career....
Kobe made a huge chunk of his points from the FT line and again I say, he had a 3 pt line to work with if he wanted it.

Kobe played the Raptors and they guarded him one-on-one the whole game.
That is as much of a dumb coaching move as it was a big game.
If they would have guarded him like every other team in the NBA does it would have never happened.

There are books written about Wilt's game!
They were double and triple teaming him every play, constantly fouling him, just so he wouldn't get 100 points, but he did it.
If Wilt was playing in todays game, his stats wouldn't be near what they were back in the day. There's a big difference playing against people your own height and equally athletic or more athletic than him. His stats would still be good but not absurd like they are.
Aslan Wrote:If Wilt was playing in todays game, his stats wouldn't be near what they were back in the day. There's a big difference playing against people your own height and equally athletic or more athletic than him. His stats would still be good but not absurd like they are.

Anddd I agree! :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:High School basketball is full of people that play because that's what they love to do and even though they aren't the best, they still get out and play.
The NBA has THE BEST players available in the world at ANY given time. There is no comparison.
Wilt was playing basketball against grown men that make a living because they excel at basketball.

I can promise you the majority of Wilt's points came from the paint.
He was a 50% FT shooter for his career....
Kobe made a huge chunk of his points from the FT line and again I say, he had a 3 pt line to work with if he wanted it.

Kobe played the Raptors and they guarded him one-on-one the whole game.
That is as much of a dumb coaching move as it was a big game.
If they would have guarded him like every other team in the NBA does it would have never happened.

There are books written about Wilt's game!
They were double and triple teaming him every play, constantly fouling him, just so he wouldn't get 100 points, but he did it.

Wilt was a man beast, He was superior to anyone who tryed to guard him.
aside from the wilt-kobe arguement.

Nash had 20 assist in a game. Great performance.

Lebron vs Det 24 last qtr east finals.
Dirk with 29 points in 4th quarter vs Utah Jazz.
Pages: 1 2