Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Old School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone on here miss how things use to be with gyms b-4 they were built to seat the max and such? Like the old Johns Creek gym how you had to pack in like sardeans for regional and district tournament. This was basicly when i was younger so i dont have much of a recaletion on this. But i would like to see what you all have to say.
I'm glad there is more room..it got hard to breathe in those places
im glad there bigger i hate sardeans and i would have hated to have lived when u were younger
I know what ya mean 15th, I think it was much more interesting have a 7 team district. When you had to get there 45 minutes before the game started to get a seat. Almost every game was a sell out. The crowds being really loud because they was almost on the court with you. People having to move over as much as they can so you can get the ball inbounds. Windows broke out of locker rooms and they was always cold. Yep, those were the days.....
yea i no wat u mean
wats the point
I love small gyms (well when my team is playing)....the atmosphere is just SO great when it gets loud!! I loved being packed in with fellow students cheering on my team :Cheerlead
i wish it was still the old days
I was at Pike Central last night and i was looking and the bottom half wasnt even half full and it just made me realize that we make these gyms so big but their is never a crowd to even half way fill it. Condiering now that the regional tourny is going to be at the Expo center is there really any reason for these gyms to be built so big?
Todays kids could not handle that atmosphere.
What are you talking about DTA, I think the kids would thrive off of the energy. It would also make the games a lot more interesting to watch.
Im glad they are bigger, but it would be awesome to go back in time to the smaller gyms and just see how different it is from today
Paintsville's gym is probably one of the smallest and I know everyone complains about the heat (we actually do have an air conditioning system) but the atmosphere there in a big game is absolutely amazing... I wish all the gyms were small it makes you feel like you are in the game and not just a spectator
The crowd at PC last night is what made that game so intresting kept it close and you could tell that the players were loving every minute of it...I agree with your post Card very good post...
Seeing people hanging over the banisters from the top section, YES would love to go back in time away from these huge gyms its not a personal any more
Magoffin was packed last night, I've never seen the place so crowded, and we have a really big GYM, all the resevered seats were taken and the top section was as crowed as I've ever seen it. Great Atmosphere
I am going to show my age here. But I miss playing in gyms like Virgie High School's and Feds Creek... Elkhorn City... even Dortons, those were really packed houses. Sometimes you had to have your feet on the out of bounds line to throw the ball in because you couldnt get enough room.