Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rivals.com Top 10 Prospects: Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rivals.com ranks the top 10 prospects in the Bluegrass.

1. Lamar Dawson - Boyle County (Un-committed)
2. DeMarcus Smith - Seneca (Louisville)
3. Jon Davis - Eastern (Kentucky)
4. Zach West - Lexington Christian (Kentucky)
5. Josh Forrest - Paducah Tilghman (Kentucky)
6. Jarrell Moore - Fern Creek (Louisville)
7. La'Mont McMurry - St. Xavier (Un-committed)
8. Forisse Hardin - Ballard (Indiana)
9. DeVante Parker - Ballard (Louisville)
10. Daylen Hall - St. Xavier (Kentucky)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/Kentucky/footbal...9cSvktsZB4
With the number of D1 offers that Ryle QB Conner Hempel has received, he would have been in the top 10
I hope we keep all the instate talent at UK.
whats the latest on the kid from Boyle? offers??
dontfeedthebears Wrote:whats the latest on the kid from Boyle? offers??

Too many to name...about 20 offers and 20 more actively involved. I believe, he's to cut his list to 6 schools shortly. U should expect to see UK, Florida, and USC as 3 of them...
SportzAnimal Wrote:Too many to name...about 20 offers and 20 more actively involved. I believe, he's to cut his list to 6 schools shortly. U should expect to see UK, Florida, and USC as 3 of them...

Really? USC is on probation.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Too many to name...about 20 offers and 20 more actively involved. I believe, he's to cut his list to 6 schools shortly. U should expect to see UK, Florida, and USC as 3 of them...

From what I've heard he also likes Louisville's head coach, and really liked Michigan. IMO it's a 2 team battle between Chuck Smith at Kentucky and Flordia at this time. I've heard Alabama's Saban has gotten interested in Lamar lately.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Really? USC is on probation.
Yeah. USC and UK were his favorite teams growing up. Plus, I think, they'll be off probation his Sophomore year.
Rebel55 Wrote:From what I've heard he also likes Louisville's head coach, and really liked Michigan. IMO it's a 2 team battle between Chuck Smith at Kentucky and Flordia at this time. I've heard Alabama's Saban has gotten interested in Lamar lately.
Alabama has showed more interest lately, but has yet to offer...
I think he would fit great with Coach Strong at UofL and thats coming from a UofL fan lol. The last great LB coming from this state was Micah Johnson and you seen what Chuck Smith and UK did with him. Coach Strong has a list of LB's he's put in the NFL and he can be a starter from day 1 at UofL
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I think he would fit great with Coach Strong at UofL and thats coming from a UofL fan lol. The last great LB coming from this state was Micah Johnson and you seen what Chuck Smith and UK did with him. Coach Strong has a list of LB's he's put in the NFL and he can be a starter from day 1 at UofL

I don't guess he's doing too badly after Chuck Smith's coaching:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/42933...ah-johnson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=13918

:eyeroll:
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I think he would fit great with Coach Strong at UofL and thats coming from a UofL fan lol. The last great LB coming from this state was Micah Johnson and you seen what Chuck Smith and UK did with him. Coach Strong has a list of LB's he's put in the NFL and he can be a starter from day 1 at UofL

Good point... 3 year starter and one of UK's all-time leading tacklers is a huge disappointment for the only 4* LB Chuck Smith has ever had to work with. Sucks that he is on the verge of making the Dolphins' squad as well.

Meanwhile Strong has put a bunch of 4* and 5* in the NFL, and had an equal ammount who either never saw the field, let alone sniffed the NFL.