Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wilson headed to Purdue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Manual High School basketball standout April Wilson has given a verbal commitment to Purdue University after a visit to West Lafayette, Ind., over the weekend.

The 5-foot-7 Wilson said she visited the campus and told the coaches in person on Saturday that she was picking the Boilermakers. She had narrowed her list to Purdue, Miami, Fla., Florida and Louisville before the July evaluation period.

"I decided I was going to make a decision before my junior year," Wilson said. "The entire month of July, Purdue was at every game. They showed me they wanted me and I decided that's just where I wanted to be."

Wilson is considered the top player statewide in the Class of 2012 and is the first member of that class to give a verbal commitment. She plays AAU ball for the Louisville Legends.

"I know they have won national championship and they're trying to recruit to win another one," Wilson said. "It's a big weight off my shoulder, knowing where I am going to school."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...html?GID=0