Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Burch, WV @ Phelps 9/3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phelps owes burch one.. Phelps had 25 pentalys in the first half at burch..i will take phelps by 14
I did not know Burch HS still was open! This is a little school tucked away in the southern mountains of WV. Would have thought consolidation movement would have sucked them up by now.

Since they have have not - I will be pulling for The Burch Bulldogs and say they win 14 to 13.
could someone put me a pole on here
Football1 Wrote:I did not know Burch HS still was open! This is a little school tucked away in the southern mountains of WV. Would have thought consolidation movement would have sucked them up by now.

Since they have have not - I will be pulling for The Burch Bulldogs and say they win 14 to 13.

there suppsoed to if they ever build the school i moved 2 yrs ago from matewan so i dont know if they buil it yet..
Football1 Wrote:I did not know Burch HS still was open! This is a little school tucked away in the southern mountains of WV. Would have thought consolidation movement would have sucked them up by now.

From what I was told this is the last year for Buch, Williamson and Matewan before they merge and then the year after that Gilbert will join them.
But as for the game Phelps should be able to get a win as long as they avoid any serious injuries with a very physical Pike County Bowl game.
Phelps 14

Burch 8
Belfry Wins Wrote:From what I was told this is the last year for Buch, Williamson and Matewan before they merge and then the year after that Gilbert will join them.
But as for the game Phelps should be able to get a win as long as they avoid any serious injuries with a very physical Pike County Bowl game.
I'm no fan of consolidation. Fewer kids in a school means fewer behavior issues, conflicts, and more focus on things that matter. Burch is a community school with a long tradition of education and sports for Delbarton and surrounding areas. Hate to hear that.

As for the game - Go Bulldogs!
Phelps- 20
Birch- 13
This is the final year for Burch, Williamson , Matewan and Gilbert. The new school is 60 percent complete and will be named the Mingo Central Miners. Burch is coached by Butch Joplin and they are coming off of a 5 - 5 season. I will wait til after Phelps plays Pike Central to choose. If Phelps comes out of the Central game with minimal injuries it could be a good year for the Hornets. They have 13 juniors on there team
Phelps by 10