Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Henry Co humbled by 1A Holy Cross?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone close to the henry program somehow explain or justify this? When Ray Graham left for LCA and henry's AD hired Lyndon Johnson as head coach with 3 years of middle school coaching experience, it seemed as though everyone in the henry county community was very satisfied and content with the hire, according to numerous high school football message boards. But after taking a henry home opening 54-24 loss to Holy Cross, are fans still in support? I realize its only the first game, but what happened out there? My nephew is an assistant at South Oldham HS, coaches linebackers, and after viewing the film of Henry vs Holy Cross, he is very confident to say the least about his teams matchup against henry this friday night. Best of luck to both henry and south oldham, i just want to see a good ballgame, not a blowout. I look for Trafton Holder, south oldham SR LB/OL and jake nichter, south oldham RB/DB to put up huge numbers against Henry, if Henry looks anything like they did against holy cross.
HC is a highly rated 1A team, I see not shame taking a L from them. There are several 1A teams that did very well against schoold in larger classes.
They should be worried. If they can't beat Holy Cross they are going to be in big trouble this year. It looks like a return to the Henry County of old...
I say what happened at South? I heard Woodford was down this year and might win 3 games and south went into overtime with them WOW!!! What's that say about South..
It sounds like the OP is trying to stir the pot. No one at South has made any negative comments about Henry Co. Not including this past Friday night, South has won 3 games in 2 years, so I don't think that they would be talking about anyone. We believe we have improved from last year and hope to continue to improve, but we know that every game we play is going to be a dog fight to the end.

Henry County is solid. They have a defense that is big and physical up front. There Qb is impressive as well. I think Friday will be exciting for both teams as Henry County will be coming in ticked off about their opening game. South will need to play a near perfect game to be successful.
I also forgot to add that at the time the OP posted their comments, the South coaching staff were still in meetings breaking down the Henry County game.
Jackson05, I agree with you,early on, it seems as though Johnson's Cats have ALOT to be worried about. HCalum92, getting the W into overtime and getting beat by 30 points are 2 totally different things. Just ask anyone who knows anything about winning, and im about 100% sure that they'll say they'd rather WIN in overtime than get CRUSHED by 30 in regulation. But Hcalum92, ill get back with you saturday morning after the game. Good luck to both teams, and have a great week!
The woodford win makes 4 wins in 2 years, i think? They won 3 or so last year.
could this be the year owen beats henry
Gocolts13 Wrote:Can someone close to the henry program somehow explain or justify this? When Ray Graham left for LCA and henry's AD hired Lyndon Johnson as head coach with 3 years of middle school coaching experience, it seemed as though everyone in the henry county community was very satisfied and content with the hire, according to numerous high school football message boards. But after taking a henry home opening 54-24 loss to Holy Cross, are fans still in support? I realize its only the first game, but what happened out there? My nephew is an assistant at South Oldham HS, coaches linebackers, and after viewing the film of Henry vs Holy Cross, he is very confident to say the least about his teams matchup against henry this friday night. Best of luck to both henry and south oldham, i just want to see a good ballgame, not a blowout. I look for Trafton Holder, south oldham SR LB/OL and jake nichter, south oldham RB/DB to put up huge numbers against Henry, if Henry looks anything like they did against holy cross.

Who is your nephew? Broderick Wright is the defensive coordinator and coaches the linebackers at South Oldham and I know he is not your nephew.
rebel 4 life Wrote:could this be the year owen beats henry

NO
I wouldn't be so confident if i was south... Alot of changes bein made this week... And Owen beating Henry??? HAHAHA Keep Dreamin' the rebels always have a undisciplined, and with the exception of a few players un-talented team...
Kentucky Wildcat 12 Wrote:I wouldn't be so confident if i was south... Alot of changes bein made this week... And Owen beating Henry??? HAHAHA Keep Dreamin' the rebels always have a undisciplined, and with the exception of a few players un-talented team...

now i was just posting a comment on what i saw between henry and holy cross and i think owen can beat henry from what i seen henry lost there whole meaness from last year and to be fair owen is a very disciplined team this year so i would be careful of what you say kentucky wildcat 12 and hopefully i will see you at this game
rough week one for class 3A
what happened last friday night was a big suprise,holly cross was the better team that night. but i dnt believe that was the real henry county,things will get better an henry will get things together just watch
the south game should be the measuring stick on how henry's season goes