Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern @ Somerset 8/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First game of the Ray Correll Bowl, kick-off at 6 p.m.
Somerset.
I'm going to say the warriors 21-14.
SW will come out of Somerset with the victory
I'll take the Warriors in a mild upset.

Southwestern's defensive line is their strong suit and the Jumpers' offensive line is their weakness.

Close game, I think, but Warriors win.
Somerset's line is all new but it's not like they are starting freshmen and sophomores on the line. 2 Juniors and 5 Seniors are the top 7 linemen. Plus top 2 TEs are Seniors.

Southwestern is big up front and it will be a battle this week, but I like the Jumpers to pull it out.
I agree that Southwestern will have an advantage on the line but I don't think that will be enough to decide the game. Southwestern usually has a bigger a stronger line than Somerset anyways and they still manage to hold their own. The Jumpers are just too talented and too deep this season for the Warriors I'm afraid. I like Somerset in this one, 35-17.
Somerset by 14
Im goin with somerset.
Somerset is tough to beat at home. I say somerset wins because there RB is tough, quick and a strong runner. I believe his name was Derek Jackson but not sure. IF that is him what grade is this youngman in?
bac2369 Wrote:Somerset is tough to beat at home. I say somerset wins because there RB is tough, quick and a strong runner. I believe his name was Derek Jackson but not sure. IF that is him what grade is this youngman in?

Derrick is a senior. He led the team in rushing as a sophomore before missing almost all of his junior year with knee surgery.
If Southwestern can stay healthy for four quarters I believe they will pull it out 22 to 20.
Somerset in a close one.
Somerset by 14
Somerset rolls
Somerset 28-14.
I'll take Somerset in a close one