Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge @ Shelby Valley 8/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hondo Wrote:What a frenzy a lot of people are in.

It's just the excitment of a new season.

Everyone is expecting their team to do and be great. Best of luck to both teams; I hope no injuries occur!

We will still expect the sun to rise on Saturday Morning, win or lose! (the Lord's Will)

:Thumbs:
All i do is win Wrote:No im afraid i never have? If he is so good I'm sure i would've by now though.
Ever heard of rusty roberts or tim smith? You better open yours as well my friend.
And you better come with a very good corner back too. because rusty will make him look bad if he's not! And for "footballnut" I'll bring some for you as well and give it to you as your buying a burger from the consession stand on the way home from your loss lol.

Sure have heard these kids. Isn't Smith the one living with the coach? Just thought I would ask. Anyways I'll take the WARRIORS on this one. Its time for Coach Allen to open a can of whoop @ss!!!!!!!!!
i'll pull for ER
East Ridge-13
Shelby Valley-36
To me the fact that most of the players the SV faithful say are going to kill ER are transfers from other schools. Can't make it with the home boys?
Wow, I just read through this thread and I can't believe all the trash talking that is going on, from both sides. Just from this thread, an outsider would think these two schools were bitter rivals who absolutely hated each other.

I guess the reason for all the trash talk is the fact that most feel this is a fairly even matchup this year. In seasons past, it was obvious that the game was a complete mismatch, thus no need for trash talk from either team. But not the case this year.

Anyway, I do expect this to be a close game. Valley sustained some heavy losses to graduation, and do not have the talent like the last 3 years. This game should be close into the fourth quarter, but I still see Valley being able to wear down the Warriors late.

SV 13, ER 6
ER has some (granted less than a handful of) gritty hard nose kids that have seen as many varsity reps as other players in the district. Which plays against the youth of SV. I think ER has a better chance of beating SV in Week 1 than if they were to play later in the season, especially with SV having to replace a host of Wildcats.

I really look for ER to make a statement in this game. I suspect that if ER comes mentally prepared (I'm Sure both teams will), play Extremely physical, and can hold the Ball for better than 60% (which is what that offense is geared for) of the time, they can compensate for the aforementioned speed, talent, numbers, home field advantage (Dont want to hear that Coaching BS) . :HitWall: BUT... SV will pull this one out LATE

ER 20
SV 22

15+points in this game will be a result of Sp. teams scores this early in the year.
UKFootball Wrote:No disrespect to Coach Allan, what makes him a better coach?

-He runs a pee-wee offense
-Usually has 20-30 players, which are terrible numbers for 3A
-Has won 3 games in two years
-Not sure, but has he had one kid play college football?

What makes him a better coach?

yes he has had three players sign with pikeville college.how many has sv had?
vundy33 Wrote:Haha, ER is better this year but not even close to being able to beat SC. Please don't start getting too confident and make us look stupid like Pike Central's fans.

:lmao:Trust me overconfidence will not help or hurt you on that matter clown.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe PC hosted a District Championship last year, if I'm not mistaken which I'm not.:Thumbs:
Correction!!! REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!
fedscreekviking Wrote:To me the fact that most of the players the SV faithful say are going to kill ER are transfers from other schools. Can't make it with the home boys?

I don't believe this is true, but believe what you want. One kid transfers from a Louisville School, and suddenly the only talent that Valley has is that kid, give me a break. And you and I either one do not know or realize the situation this kid may be or was in.

Give the kids a break. If Valley beats ER than don't say it was because of this kid (just one kid). It takes a team to win in football.
viking_fan7 Wrote:yes he has had three players sign with pikeville college.how many has sv had?
LOL, well last year shelby Valley had 5 kids go on football scholarships and then last year 2 and the year before that 1. You might want to get your facts strait before talking about other teams. Last year BJ roberts , Tanner tackett and normans oldest son signd with just pikeville collage and Dillion tackett signd with allos loyed collage and and cody varney signd with uva wise. I hope i just answerd your question:lmao:
viking_fan7 Wrote:yes he has had three players sign with pikeville college.how many has sv had?

viking_mom Wrote:Sure have heard these kids. Isn't Smith the one living with the coach? Just thought I would ask. Anyways I'll take the WARRIORS on this one. Its time for Coach Allen to open a can of whoop @ss!!!!!!!!!

Yes he is, he was adopted which makes norman the legal gardion so can't argue with me there? He better open up somthin better than a can of whoop @ss cause that wont do nothing in this game! But i just love the fact that women know so much about football lol. Ohh and viking fan i forgot to ask in my ladt post who were the 3 who signd with pikeville collage from ER?
Pages: 1 2 3 4