Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County @ Pikeville 8/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions?
Just from seeing the Boyd/Raceland score and nothing else, it seems there may be a chance. But the Panthers better get some things figured out and start showing some pride in that jersey. Close game, whoever limits turnovers wins.

Sidenote: I love the Pike County Bowl.
I say Pikeville by 12.
I don't know much about Boyd, and Pikeville did not impress me at all in the Teco Bowl...I'll wait and read more predictions before I make mine
Pikeville 21 Boyd Co. 6
Pikeville 35-17
panthers 38 -- Boyd co 13
21-7 pikeville.
Pikeville by 6.
I'll give the edge to Pikeville, by a touchdown
Boyd just can't get out of the basement? Pikeville may not be impressive to you. IMO they will have enough for Boyd co. Hate to say that would like my local teams to do better but seems to be the trend?
I'll take Pikeville by around 10.

Don't expect many points to be scored in this one though.
Pikeville by 10
Pikeville in a close one @ home..
Is Boyd Co. still running the Power I?
[quote=BADCAT74]Boyd just can't get out of the basement? Pikeville may not be impressive to you. IMO they will have enough for Boyd co. Hate to say that would like a local team to do better but seems to be the trend for them?
I just hope my Panthers show up ready to play 4 quarters. If they stay tough and keep their focus they should win the game but dont discount ANY opponent based on a score from the first game. Ask any coach worth their salt and they will ALL agree that a team shows its biggest improvement after their first game. GO PANTHERS!!! GO GET 'EM BOYS!!!!
Don't know much about Boyd, but I watched Pikeville at the Teco Bowl and they have talent. They just had problems with their execution and didn't seem to play with alot of heart.

I do know that the #7 kid from Pikeville can play...he made alot of big plays Saturday night.
Boyd by 7
I'll take Boyd Co in a close one but I hope I'm wrong.
24-17 Panthers
Pikeville 17

Boyd County 10
First and foremost it will be worth the price of admission to see Bergey-Vanhoose put kickoffs following Pikeville touchdowns into the Pool.:Thumbs:

Pikeville puts on a show. Look for this game to improve the confidence of a young Pikeville front. I hope McNamee's bunch plays with a ton of emotion and can start to put together a little swagger and play with Pride.

Trust me, I in no way bleed maroon. However, Its just not the same unless Pikeville is a legit regional title contender. I hate to see local teams measure their own success (especially last season) on the basis "I bet if we played this year we'd....." cough ahem cough>sv

Pikeville 42
Boyd Co. 14
Boyd County-21
Pikeville-7