Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martha Layne Collins 48 Sheldon Clark 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Didn't think Sheldon Clark stood a chance in this one. MLC has a ton of very good players.

Congrats MLC!
I coached football for almost 7 years up in that area. I've coached in Lexington and Eastern KY too. I'm telling you the feeder school into MLC is one of the best in the state. They also pulled Shelby Co's best players. MLC should be one of the top programs in 4A this year IMO. They have a very solid football minded administration too. Their Principal used to coach at Lawrence Co and has been a head coach in the Western part of the state too.
Wow! I thought MLC would win but not nearly this big! Congrats to MLC and their program, and also does this give us a look of what sc will experience the rest of the year?
I was impressed with MLC in their scrimmage with Somerset last weekend. They scored 2 times against Somerset in their 3 series and held Somerset to 1 score. Very fast, well coached team.
Martha Layne Collins played great tonight! I look forward to watching them the rest of the season. Go Titans!
Wow!!!
StrayBullet Wrote:Wow!!!

What's so surprising?

Most that thought Sheldon Clark would win either didn't know a thing about MLC or they're just SC homers. Like someone mentioned above, MLC got a lot of Shelby County's players from last season and I think Shelby County only lost a couple of games in 6A.

Those who think Sheldon Clark is a bust because of this are crazy! They played a bigger & faster team tonight and this game will do them much more good than bad.
showgun Wrote:Wow! I thought MLC would win but not nearly this big! Congrats to MLC and their program, and also does this give us a look of what sc will experience the rest of the year?

No. I think this is the second best team on their schedule behind JC. They might be the best team they play this year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What's so surprising?

Most that thought Sheldon Clark would win either didn't know a thing about MLC or they're just SC homers. Like someone mentioned above, MLC got a lot of Shelby County's players from last season and I think Shelby County only lost a couple of games in 6A.

Those who think Sheldon Clark is a bust because of this are crazy! They played a bigger & faster team tonight and this game will do them much more good than bad.

The "WOW" comment was due to the 16 points that SC put up. I thought with Stepp and Avery Ray in the backfield that SC would put up more. I knew MLC was going to be a good team but I just expected a closer score from the boys from Inez.
StrayBullet Wrote:The "WOW" comment was due to the 16 points that SC put up. I thought with Stepp and Avery Ray in the backfield that SC would put up more. I knew MLC was going to be a good team but I just expected a closer score from the boys from Inez.

No harm stray, just dont know much about MLC, didnt think that they were as impressive as i had heard leading up to this game, and same for me i expected that backfield at SC to get the job done.
showgun Wrote:No harm stray, just dont know much about MLC, didnt think that they were as impressive as i had heard leading up to this game, and same for me i expected that backfield at SC to get the job done.

Ok just got real confused lol my bad.
StrayBullet Wrote:Wow!!!

No kidding!!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What's so surprising?

i thought Sheldon Clark would win especially MLC being a New School! but anyways congrats MLC!
This was no surprise to me. Martha Layne is one of the best teams in the state. SC shouldn't be disappointed. that's about as many points as any team will score on them.
Just got back from the game and since its late ill do my write up on the game sometime tomorrow but I will say that anyone that plays MLC this season better be ready
There is many thing to take from this game and the 1st is that MLC is an amazing school with amazing numbers. They are big fast and strong, and they can score so fast. At half time the score was 27-8 and the TOP was SC 23 minutes MLC 6. Sheldon Clark does not need to hang their heads as this may end up being the best team they play this season. I will be the first to tell you I was wrong about this team as I didn't know much about them. Sheldon Clark still has one of the top teams in 3a its just they ran into a new power house of 4a. I think Steep from SC ended 19-22 for 172 yards and a rushing TD. No one will really know how good MLC is until they see them play, I was really impressed by them and will be interested to see how they do in 4a this year because this team is stacked.
Strikeout King Wrote:i thought Sheldon Clark would win especially MLC being a New School! but anyways congrats MLC!

New school, new name, not a new team. I think they will do some damage in 4a. They may have a chance to play for a state championship in their first year.
Matman Wrote:New school, new name, not a new team. I think they will do some damage in 4a. They may have a chance to play for a state championship in their first year.
This is correct most of these kids played together at Shelby County
Strikeout King Wrote:i thought Sheldon Clark would win especially MLC being a New School! but anyways congrats MLC!

Me too!!! Double WOW!
congrats to MLC,i say Somerset is your new number1 in 3a...
Is this Martha Lane Collins?
Collins is a well rounded team with great talent.....Keep your heads up Cards!!!
Stardust Wrote:Is this Martha Lane Collins?

Yes.
nothing really to say besides collins is a way better football teeam.. better athletes better coaching there just better all the way around.. SC still shouldnt have got beat this bad so they better get there act together.. players and coaches have walked around with a swagger all summer thinking nobody can touch them but guess what its not going to be as easy as it seems.. now that there heads are back to normal and not swollen up the size of a balloon they should do ok the rest of the season..
it was a bad situation for sheldon clark: long trip, hot night, new school, etc. Sheldon Clark has some big boys. Collins had too much speed and athletes.
I said earlier this year, don't be surprised by MLC and them being one of the best teams in the state of Kentucky in 4A football this year. They might be playing for a state championship in their first year of existence. I know it's the first game, but anyone who was at that game last night will tell you, they are surrounded by athletes and speed all over the field. There O line and D line is a little suspect, but if they can get anything out of them, watch out... This is not your normal first year school playing a varsity schedule, these kids have played together for several years dating back to middle school and they know each other very well.... On a side note, it makes me very proud to look out on that field and see almost every kid on that field that I once coached at Shelby West and know that they are doing things the right way....
cuppett777 Wrote:congrats to MLC,i say Somerset is your new number1 in 3a...

Why is that? This game says nothing about 3a football. MLC is that good. They are a team that has been competing in 6a that is now a 4a school. They are that good.
Congrats to MLC they came ready to play. SC on the other hand, looked flat and worn out ,NO MOTIVATION. Prayers go out to the injured player from SC,#1 T. Oconner, hope he is able to return this season. Definately not SC 's A game, more like D game; from coaching staff to the players. Learn from this game and get ready for Breathitt Co. A couple of bright spots though , the rbs Skyles and Ray along with #8 Jarrel ran the ball hard. Example, we had KP with 72 yards rushing and most were (YAC) yards after contact. Line play and defense has to get better or it will be a long year for SC. MLC is really well coached and some tremendous atheletes, they are a 4a school with a 6a football team. Good luck the rest of the year to MLC.:Thumbs:
Does anyone know who is in MLC's district? Are they in the same Reigon as Lone Oak?
Pages: 1 2