Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 36 Johnson Central 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Boyle wins this showdown of 4A and 5A powers.
Congrats to both teams on a great Week 0 game!

:Cheerlead

Sounded like Both Teams left it all on the field and are worthy of praise. :Thumbs:
Good job Rebs.
Very tough game for both teams. Each will take something away from this game. It was also the perfect GOTW. Nice call BGR!!!!!!
Congrats to Boyle on a nice win.
how about a break down on pass/run O for JC?
sstack Wrote:how about a break down on pass/run O for JC?

5 of 9 for 133 in the air, 202 on 55 carries on the ground per WSIP.
Great game to watch. Both teams are as good as advertised. Congratulations to Boyle County. Hope you enjoyed your visit.
I have to say this was a great game,we came up on the short end but I am proud of the Eagles.Boyle County has a great team but I think our Eagles gave them a scare tonight,I did learn 1 thing tonight our runnung backs can flat move the ball,with 200 plus yards of rushing and 100 plus yds passing against one of if not the best defense in the state,this JC team is defintely going to be special.Once again Great game BC and congradulations on a big win,I hope you were treated well here in Eagle Country.LRTS GO EAGLES
What a great game. JC proved alot to a bunch of people tonight. They are for real as for Boyle county they will have to work on their pass D if JC can throw like that against them then what will other teams be able to do?
congrats to Boyle,looks like it could have went either way,alot better game than last year..
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:What a great game. JC proved alot to a bunch of people tonight. They are for real as for Boyle county they will have to work on their pass D if JC can throw like that against them then what will other teams be able to do?

Was it bad pass D or has JC improved their passing game that much?
sstack Wrote:Was it bad pass D or has JC improved their passing game that much?

Mainly Boyle had trouble matching up with Parker. He had one good reception and one GREAT reception. But alot of those yards came on a missed tackle after Jude caught it. But in the end Boyle's Front 7 is one of the best groups I have ever seen, but to me the secondary was weak especially compared to the front 7. I must say also that Dawson lived up to the hype.
The JC faithful shouldn't be disappointed with this loss at all. They faced a very good Boyle County team tonight and give 'em all they could handle.

I expect big things from both teams this season!
Looks like it was a GREAT GAME.... Where was Boyle Co D at?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Looks like it was a GREAT GAME.... Where was Boyle Co D at?

looks like there D was there but so was JC offense tonight.
Wow, sounds like this was a heck of a game. I expected an easier win for Boyle in this one, JC should be very pleased.

Congrats to both teams!
Congrats to JC,they played a great game i think you guys will have a great season.as for Boyle i was pleasently suprised by thier offense,but thier defense i think needs alot of work.JC proved me wrong they looked really good on offense,and should be in the hunt for a state title come playoff time.you guys have a great facility.but the music being played during the game was really iritating i think it affected the play calling of both teams.there is know place for loud music during a football game.before and after is ok but not while a game is being played.hospitality was great,and we had a real good time.good luck the rest of the season.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Congrats to JC,they played a great game i think you guys will have a great season.as for Boyle i was pleasently suprised by thier offense,but thier defense i think needs alot of work.JC proved me wrong they looked really good on offense,and should be in the hunt for a state title come playoff time.you guys have a great facility.but the music being played during the game was really iritating i think it affected the play calling of both teams.there is know place for loud music during a football game.before and after is ok but not while a game is being played.hospitality was great,and we had a real good time.good luck the rest of the season.:Thumbs::Thumbs:

LOL.. We found out last year about that music playing. They love their music for sure. Gets very irritating.

How many defensive players did you guys lose from last year? I never imagined JC scoring 29 pts.
Anybody have any stats on this game?
I'll eat some crow. JC is way better than I expected them to be. JJ Jude is likely the best running back we have faced in years. No one has ran the ball on us the way he did tonight. I was very impressed with his game and running abilities. He ran hard and he was agile enough to make us look silly on more than one occasion. I was also impressed with the JC passing game. I bet they threw about 10 passes all night. All of them in 3rd and long or 4th and long situations(except for the end of the 1st half). The whole stadium knew it would be a pass play and it seemed like every time they would not only complete the pass but get some or a lot of yac yards with it. All of them 1st downs. As well as they ran it was their passing game that kept them in the game and made them a threat. My hat is off to JC. I expect them to be the best team we face all year along with Bell County and Lone Oak. I was wrong about Johnson Central. Good luck the rest of the year.

I didn't expect the offense to look better than the defense but I knew we would have a good balanced offense and this is just the beginning. I'd have loved to have seen us just line 5 wide receivers up and let Devan have at it. It seemed like JC had a hard time stopping us in 4 or 5 receiver sets. I'll reserve judgment on our defense for the simple fact that JC, IMO, will be the best team and best offense we face until the Bell County game. Great teams find a way to score regardless of the defense(see Lone Oak game last year) and great defenses find a way to get the necessary stops when needed. While the defense didn't shut down the JC offense like I expected, but they still made the necessary stops when needed.

Great game all around and again, my hat is off to JC. Now if you'll excuse me I am going to go heat up some of this crow. That ride from the mountains worked up my appetite.

Shout out to sawmill. Nice meeting you and I'll see you soon, my friend.:Thumbs:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Mainly Boyle had trouble matching up with Parker. He had one good reception and one GREAT reception. But alot of those yards came on a missed tackle after Jude caught it. But in the end Boyle's Front 7 is one of the best groups I have ever seen, but to me the secondary was weak especially compared to the front 7. I must say also that Dawson lived up to the hype.

I dont see how dawson can play d-1 ball...really not impressive....has to get better to play with big boys..everyone is right,the D was horrible ..
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:LOL.. We found out last year about that music playing. They love their music for sure. Gets very irritating.

How many defensive players did you guys lose from last year? I never imagined JC scoring 29 pts.

4. We returned 7. I say 8 really because Jarrod Harrington didn't start at corner last year but he played a lot of corner last year.

Truth be told, JJ Jude is that good and big pass plays in passing situations hurt us tonight. We'll be fine though. No worries from me.

Yet............
It was a great game by both teams. JC has a really good running game and hit BC with a couple of passes. Here is some stats for the game.

BC JC
1st downs 14 15
3rd downs 4/6 1/8
4th downs 0/1 2/4
rushing yards 299 2TDS 196 3 TDS
passing yards 138 2 TDS 135 1 TD
total yards 437 331
total plays 41 58

Cook (BC) 17-193yards 2 TDS
#1 (JC) I think had 135 yards
rd11 Wrote:I dont see how dawson can play d-1 ball...really not impressive....has to get better to play with big boys..everyone is right,the D was horrible ..

:moon:

Yeah, you are probably right. You probably know more than Urban Meyer, Les Miles and the 18 other D-1/BCS schools that have offered him a scholarship. They should all probably stop recruiting him now and pull their offers after this game.
Congratulations to Boyle on the win, was a great game to watch.

Very proud of the Eagles, It's going to be a GREAT year!!!
PurplePride92 Wrote:4. We returned 7. I say 8 really because Jarrod Harrington didn't start at corner last year but he played a lot of corner last year.

Truth be told, JJ Jude is that good and big pass plays in passing situations hurt us tonight. We'll be fine though. No worries from me.

Yet............

Thanks!
rd11 Wrote:I dont see how dawson can play d-1 ball...really not impressive....has to get better to play with big boys..everyone is right,the D was horrible ..

Amazing, simple, but amazing
I knew this year on Bell Co's schedule the only game I am worried about was Johnson Central. I sure am glad its at Log Mountain though. Bell Co pretty much returns alot from last years team that beat them 36-6 at their place. Really glad Davenport is back for us this year as a Junior and both fullbacks Hilton and Mills.
Congratulations to Boyle County on its big win. The Rebels did not stop Johnson Central's running game but nobody should have expected them to but they did manage to slow JC down last night enough to win the game. It sounds like BC's offense is plenty potent despite losing McShara to graduation.

JC showed that it can pass effectively last night and its running game should get only better as the line gains experience. I don't remember any team controlling the Golden Eagles inside running game any better than BC did last night, including Highlands. Tanner Bratten will be good for 5 or 6 yards a carry in most games this season but BC did a great job holding him to mostly very short gains last night, while still doing a great job not giving up too many long runs by Jude and Hall.

This should be a great season for both teams.
Pages: 1 2 3