Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 67 Paintsville 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
James with five TD's and Lawrence County rolls. Paintsville didn't make it across the 50 until around 3 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. Played with a running clock in the second half. Lawrence County lead 48 to 0 at the half.:Thumbs:
Total domination by the Bulldogs tonight. Hunter James 6 carries for 175 yards and 5 TD's all of which came in the first half. The defense for LC has great team speed and they can hit. Sophomore Jordan Wellman, Blake Bradley, and Seth Rigsby all stood out tonight on defense, Rigsby with two sacks and a fumble recovery. Bulldogs 480 yards of total offense on a running clock since the 2nd quater, can you say wow? Offensive line did a great job James actually scored 6 but it was called back.
I forgot about the one they called back. Also Paintsville scored on the last play of the game on a kick return to get them to 13.
CONGRATS TO THE DAWGS....Bring on Shelby Valley!!!!
congrats dawgs!!
Congrats LC
Paintsville is really really weak this year! However Lawerance is still good so good game Bulldogs. They might be the best team in the area this year..them or JC
lpd826 Wrote:CONGRATS TO THE DAWGS....Bring on Shelby Valley!!!!
Paintsville and now SV? and just checked KHSAA, then East ridge. That's brutal!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Paintsville and now SV? and just checked KHSAA, then East ridge. That's brutal!!

:lmao: better be glad there not in class a and dont have to meet Jenkins in the playoffs
Panther Thunder Wrote:Paintsville and now SV? and just checked KHSAA, then East ridge. That's brutal!!

Makes for some really good tune up games before the big bad Sheldon Clark Game...
Lawrence only allowed 16 total yards in the first half and ended up with 87 and all but 16 was on the JV and freshman. Kiser was 3 0f 5 for 105 and 2 TDS and Cyrus was 1 0f 1 for 25 yards.
James - 6 carries for 176 5 TDS
Bentley 4 carries for 117 1TDS
J. Marcum 3 carries 11 1TD
31 2 carries 20 yards
8 1 carry 13 yards
6 1 carry 7 yards
Blake the Hammer Prince had on carry for about 13 yard TD
Cole Cyrus had 1 rec for TD
Kyle Crum had 1 TD catch as well.
awesome!!!
congrats to LC
That was beyond what even I thought LC would score. I wish i had of had the money for gas to get up there. So would a Paintsville fan fill me in on what all happened.
Lawrence County opened the flood gates early from what I heard on the radio.

Congrats Dawgs!
Said the Pikeville fan :yawn:
You have to remember this schedule was made out when LC was 0-11. A few things have changed since then.
Wow, thats about all you can say.Dawgs could have named the score,could have scored 100 if they wanted. Hunter James is the real deal, 6 touches for 176 yds. 5 tds. with a 52 yarder called back.On the 5 tds. he showed great field vison setting up blocks,then Boom gone. One of the best personal preformances I've seen in 25 years of observing high school games.If there is a better back in the mountains well.... L.C. defence was flat out swarming. Total domination. Can they actually be better than last season? Definit possibility!!!!
Congrats Lawrence! But why do they even waste their time playing Painstville?
Did Wade Skaggs play?
Ricky Bobby Wrote:Wow, thats about all you can say.Dawgs could have named the score,could have scored 100 if they wanted. Hunter James is the real deal, 6 touches for 176 yds. 5 tds. with a 52 yarder called back.On the 5 tds. he showed great field vison setting up blocks,then Boom gone. One of the best personal preformances I've seen in 25 years of observing high school games.If there is a better back in the mountains well.... L.C. defence was flat out swarming. Total domination. Can they actually be better than last season? Definit possibility!!!!

I was at this game and YES, they can be better than last year. IMO, they are better when you compare their performance in the first game last year to the first game this year. I'm a Paintsville and JC fan, but I think I might make a couple more trips to Louisa to watch this group play. I did get a lil ticked off when the coach from LC called a Time Out when Paintsville had the ball with just a lil over a minute to go in the 2nd quarter, just so he could get the ball back and run a hail mary pass just so they could score again before halftime. That really showed how classy he is, already up 42-0 and throwin bombs down the field.
LClion4life Wrote:Did Wade Skaggs play?

Skaggs is at Johnson Central now, started practice earlier in the week.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder!
Wade Skaggs is at J.C. but is NOT playing football.
Coal Miner Wrote:I was at this game and YES, they can be better than last year. IMO, they are better when you compare their performance in the first game last year to the first game this year. I'm a Paintsville and JC fan, but I think I might make a couple more trips to Louisa to watch this group play. I did get a lil ticked off when the coach from LC called a Time Out when Paintsville had the ball with just a lil over a minute to go in the 2nd quarter, just so he could get the ball back and run a hail mary pass just so they could score again before halftime. That really showed how classy he is, already up 42-0 and throwin bombs down the field.

I understand what you're saying but this is the first game of the season. Coach was putting his players in different situations. Hunter James and Caleb Bentley would have combined for more than 10 carries if LC was trying to run it up.
Congrats LC! Can't wait to see what they can do against a descent team.
Ricky Bobby Wrote:Wade Skaggs is at J.C. but is NOT playing football.

According to my sources, he is playing football, just came out this week.
Coal Miner Wrote:According to my sources, he is playing football, just came out this week.

We'll they're wrong because we haven't seen him.
WildDawg Wrote:I understand what you're saying but this is the first game of the season. Coach was putting his players in different situations. Hunter James and Caleb Bentley would have combined for more than 10 carries if LC was trying to run it up.

I didn't say he was trying to run the score up, just couldn't understand why he was passing the ball with his starting offense in the game already up 42-0 with a minute to go.

As for the LC team, I really think they could go a long way again this year if they stay healthy, at the skill positions especially.
Congrats LC, nice win
Coal Miner Wrote:I didn't say he was trying to run the score up, just couldn't understand why he was passing the ball with his starting offense in the game already up 42-0 with a minute to go.

As for the LC team, I really think they could go a long way again this year if they stay healthy, at the skill positions especially.

To be completely honest, I was scratching my head on that one too. The only reasonable explanation I could come up with was coach was trying to set them up in a 2 minute drill type situation. I'm not going to question anything he does because he is doing a great job. I appreciate the effort the coaches and the kids put in.
What happened to Paintsville? They use to field some tough teams. It seems like since Matney came to town Paintsville has been down. Sounds like all the best talent wants to play for Matney now. It's understandable if that's the case.
Pages: 1 2