Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Denny Fugate named coach at Cordia High School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Denny Fugate was named boys basketball coach at Cordia High School today at 4:00......there will be a brief news conference on Monday at 2:00 PM....good luck Coach Fugate....
Good for you Cordia, good for you.
Congrats to Coach Fugate and the Lions. I believe that Denny will do good there and get Cordia where it was in the early 90s. He will show that he is just as good or better than any coach in this region.
Fiery Coach and a true competitor.
I may go watch a few Cordia games this year Wink
Congrats Cordia and Denny.
I heard that Hoskins going to be trying to join the staff with Denny.
MVP2 Wrote:I heard that Hoskins going to be trying to join the staff with Denny.

If they can make it happen, dang what a coaching staff :notworthy
Unless Denny gets some kids from different schools to come to Cordia I dont see him having much success in the first 3 yrs. Again Im not saying hes not a great coach but the lack of talent and kids to choose from is gonna hurt him bad.
I glad cordia finally got a good Coach
tommy2 Wrote:I glad cordia finally got a good Coach

Now, if you could just get a good english teacher, we would all be glad.
tommy2 Wrote:I glad cordia finally got a good Coach

You had Honeycutt?
How many district titles did he win??????????
How many district titles has Cordia ever won?
I would have imagined this thread would have had multiple pages by now...
Cordia has won district titles.. but its been a while..
HUB Wrote:Now, if you could just get a good english teacher, we would all be glad.

LOL. Are you referring to Tonya Cody?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:How many district titles has Cordia ever won?
Not for sure but I they won two or three with Dook Kent Combs
tommy2 Wrote:Not for sure but I they won two or three with Dook Kent Combs

Come on Cordia fans. What years did Cordia win the district. I know it isn't that many so it shouldn't be hard to remember them.
Ballers Wrote:LOL. Are you referring to Tonya Cody?

Don't be hating on Ms.Cody!!!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Come on Cordia fans. What years did Cordia win the district. I know it isn't that many so it shouldn't be hard to remember them.

I'm pretty sure that the last time a Cordia team won the district was when Tad Brewer played. Tad Brewer would be there all-time leading in points scored. This was around the early 90s I believe.
tommy2 Wrote:How many district titles did he win??????????

How many Coach of the year has he won?
WALL2WALL Wrote:I'm pretty sure that the last time a Cordia team won the district was when Tad Brewer played. Tad Brewer would be there all-time leading in points scored. This was around the early 90s I believe.

I bet you can count on one hand the districts Cordia has won since they have been a school. That is not a good track record for a school that has been around longer then any other school in the 14th region other then Hazard or Jenkins. So if a coach doesn't win the district at Cordia it doesn't necessarily make them a bad coach. If it does, Cordia has set a state record on bad coaches.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:How many district titles has Cordia ever won?

Hey Lay off my Lions! and BTW how many teams from Letcher Co. have played in the Sweet 16... Knott Co.teams have played 16 times with 2 State Championships and 2 Runnersup!!!!:Cheerlead
Captain Crook Wrote:Hey Lay off my Lions! and BTW how many teams from Letcher Co. have played in the Sweet 16... Knott Co.teams have played 16 times with 2 State Championships and 2 Runnersup!!!!:Cheerlead

I wasn't necessarily attacking Cordia. Just attacking the peon who made a statement about Coach Honeycutt not winning a district. Just pointing out not many coaches do at Cordia. Anyway, how many of those sixteen times has Cordia played in the state tournament. I do believe it is 0. As far as the state championships, my aunt was a cheerleader for Carr Creek when they won the state in the fifties, when Carr Creek's "Wonder Five" was runner-up to Ashland in the Twenties, I had two Great Uncles who were starters for the Indians and one made all-state. In the late forties, Carr Creek under Coach Sprout Johnson got third place in the state tournament. That is when they had a consolation game. My uncle and my second cousin were starters and were all-state. Another second cousin also was a starter. The year that Brooksville defeated Hindman in the state championship, Brooksville was coached by my great-uncle who played on the Carr Creek's "Wonder Five" team. So there isn't much about the history of Carr Creek and Hindman basketball that I don't know about. I just don't know much about Cordia's and I am just trying to enrich my knowledge, but none of their fans seem to remember when they won a district title. You are right, Letcher County boys teams have only been to the state tournament three times(Whitesburg going to all three) but the Letcher County girls teams have left the Knott County teams sitting in the dust.
The only sport that Cordia has been really sucessful is Cross Country. They have numerous Cross Country State Titles & State Runner-Ups.
WALL2WALL Wrote:The only sport that Cordia has been really sucessful is Cross Country. They have numerous Cross Country State Titles & State Runner-Ups.

Which is pretty impressive.
WALL2WALL Wrote:The only sport that Cordia has been really sucessful is Cross Country. They have numerous Cross Country State Titles & State Runner-Ups.

State Champs in 1988, 1989, and 1995.

Individual state champs: Brandon Gayheart in 1991
Rhett Mosley in 1996 and 1997
What is funny about this is.The title of the thread is Denny Fugate HC of Boys Basketball but Cross Country is being mentioned. Denny would be best at coaching that since he runs 239483 miles a day. I hope Denny can bring another CC state title to Cordia.TongueirateSho
Tailback44 Wrote:What is funny about this is.The title of the thread is Denny Fugate HC of Boys Basketball but Cross Country is being mentioned. Denny would be best at coaching that since he runs 239483 miles a day. I hope Denny can bring another CC state title to Cordia.TongueirateSho

LOL . He has ran more than that chasing referees up and down the court.
Pages: 1 2