Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Equitable Economic and Social Structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A "seed pod" idea of Karl Marx was the establishment of an equitable economic and social structure. It appears to me that this idea, in and of itself, is admirable and praiseworthy. In fact, "Jesus" advocated for just this concept, and the early church demonstrated it. Trying to achieve this goal, however, has led to many historical abuses of power, military dictatorships, malevolent autocrats, etc. It is my opinion that the global, cut-throat capitalism that is now practiced, however, is only marginally more praiseworthy in the attainment of the equity ideal.
thecavemaster Wrote:A "seed pod" idea of Karl Marx was the establishment of an equitable economic and social structure. It appears to me that this idea, in and of itself, is admirable and praiseworthy. In fact, "Jesus" advocated for just this concept, and the early church demonstrated it. Trying to achieve this goal, however, has led to many historical abuses of power, military dictatorships, malevolent autocrats, etc. It is my opinion that the global, cut-throat capitalism that is now practiced, however, is only marginally more praiseworthy in the attainment of the equity ideal.

Marx assumed that economic freedom would allow people to pursue dreams. Dreams and hobbies that would further advance man kind. He assumed people would remain productive. However I do not have the same faith in man. People are not equal. We have to suffer because of the predators in our society. They will always feed off the weak, find loop holes and abuse the system. We also choose to fill our time with video games and tv instead of being productive.
Everybody know that everyone is equal and everone should care others, But the fact is that everybody is selfish, and to some degree the government and the country is just the tools of rich people.