Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 - 8/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Bell County
2. Pulaski County
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Letcher Co. Central
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Harlan County
9. Prestonsburg
10. Corbin
I like it!!! Bell Co #1.
Can't wait to see what the KNOX faithful have to say about them not being in it.
Well it's not a bad Top 10.....however, to leave Knox and Clay out is a big laugh...Bell yes #1 until knocked off..Letcher out...Corbin not in top 20 sorry but very true this year...
1. Bell
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Knox
5. Clay
6. Somerset
7. Rock
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Prestonburg
10. Pulaski
highschoolfan Wrote:Well it's not a bad Top 10.....however, to leave Knox and Clay out is a big laugh...Bell yes #1 until knocked off..Letcher out...Corbin not in top 20 sorry but very true this year...
1. Bell
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Knox
5. Clay
6. Somerset
7. Rock
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Prestonburg
10. Pulaski

So wrong you are and so little you know. PC 10th, now that is a laugh. You rate Clay so high and what did they do last year. Better take a closer look at Rock. Your top 3 is not bad but PC needs to be #2.
OK..how's this....
Bell
Johnson Central
Pulaski
Belfry
Knox
Somerset
Clay
Sheldon Clark
Prestonburg
Harlan Co.
Clay County does not deserve a top ten ranking until they prove something. I thnk the WYMT ranking is accurate for pre-season due to past history and the players that the teams have returning. It may change as the season goes along. Right now, Clay County has done abolutely NOTHING to rate in the top ten with the exception of "Tooting their own horn." Until proven otherwise, I would rank them no higher then fourth in their district.
highschoolfan Wrote:OK..how's this....
Bell
Johnson Central
Pulaski
Belfry
Knox
Somerset
Clay
Sheldon Clark
Prestonburg
Harlan Co.

Bell
JC
SC
Pulaski
Belfry
the rest is a toss up
Overall looked pretty good just can't see Pulaski the number 2 team. Bell will be number one until someone from the mountains beats them.
Is there news from Hazard I've missed? Shouldn't they definitely be on the list? I have to think they are the most slighted by the poll along with Knox Central.
corbin? really? :lmao:
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Bell
JC
SC
Pulaski
Belfry
the rest is a toss up

i can agree with this,though dont like it,lol ,but until the Pirates beat some good teams i would leve them there...
Amped 88 Wrote:Overall looked pretty good just can't see Pulaski the number 2 team. Bell will be number one until someone from the mountains beats them.
:Clap:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Pulaski County
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Letcher Co. Central
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Harlan County
9. Prestonsburg
10. Corbin
I think that this a pretty fair rankings except for the bottom 3, I don't think that any them teams should be in there. Here is how see mountain top ten.

1)Bell County (good shot at winning another title loaded again)
2)Johnson Cen.(great team could easily be #1,can play with NKY teams )
3)Pulaski Co. (could be the most athletic team in the mountains)
4)Somerset( Have unfinshed bussiness in Bowling Green to take care of)
5)Pike Cen. ( Most over looked team in the mts loades of talent)
6)Letcher Cen.(Looking to get to at least semis, very atheletic team)
7)Knox Co( Very well around team with alot of experience)
8)Clay Co( Could be the best team fielded since early 90's)
9)Sheldon Clark(Have enough kids coming back should be right in the mix3a)
10)Breathitt co(alot of people think cats lost to much, should be a better team this year than last, will be alot more balance this year with alot of different threats)
Of course I like it, it includes Harlan County! I believe Clay will surprise some, who knows what will happen in this district!!! Go Bears!!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Pulaski County
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Letcher Co. Central
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Harlan County
9. Prestonsburg
10. Corbin

Very accurate rankings if i have to say so myself. I probably switch a few around to this though.

1 Bell
2 JC
3 Pulaski
4 Somerset
5 Letcher
6 Belfry
7 Harlan County
8 Sheldon Clark
9 P-burg
10 Corbin ( with what they lost i dont believe to be in top 10 just yet.)

But the next best of the rest that has a shot at the top 10 Hazard, Lawerence County, Knox Central,Southwestern, Clay Co, Perry Co, Breathitt Co, and Pike Central.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think that this a pretty fair rankings except for the bottom 3, I don't think that any them teams should be in there. Here is how see mountain top ten.

1)Bell County (good shot at winning another title loaded again)
2)Johnson Cen.(great team could easily be #1,can play with NKY teams )
3)Pulaski Co. (could be the most athletic team in the mountains)
4)Somerset( Have unfinshed bussiness in Bowling Green to take care of)
5)Pike Cen. ( Most over looked team in the mts loades of talent)
6)Letcher Cen.(Looking to get to at least semis, very atheletic team)
7)Knox Co( Very well around team with alot of experience)
8)Clay Co( Could be the best team fielded since early 90's)
9)Sheldon Clark(Have enough kids coming back should be right in the mix3a)
10)Breathitt co(alot of people think cats lost to much, should be a better team this year than last, will be alot more balance this year with alot of different threats)
wow you have Pike Central over Belfry which they have NEVER beat and SC which with all there players they couldnt beat and both at home..hum
Don't care for it, but then again I rarely do. What has Belfry done to deserve a spot over Somerset to start the season? And I really like Pulaski this year a lot, they are definitely a top 10 team but #2? It's not even a given that they are the best team in the county.
Friday night begins the journey to prove why this list is missing a key entry. It is up to Knox to do what it takes. Bell has done the work and has the respect. Congrats to them and best wishes for the year. If we don't beat you, I hope nobody does.
1) Bell County
2) Somerset.
3) Johnson Central.
4) Belfry.
5) Pike Cen.
6) Pukaski.
7) Knox.
8) Letcher.
9) Hazard.
10) Whitley.
SW Pulaski shoulda been in there over corbin
Pike Central in the top 10? Hahaha. C'mon guys, get real. Last years Pike Central team was supposed to be fantastic and Prestonsburg walloped them by 26 points on their home turf. How can you justify putting Pike Central in the top 10 and not Prestonsburg? Glad you guys don't do the rankings at WYMT.
Football1 Wrote:Friday night begins the journey to prove why this list is missing a key entry. It is up to Knox to do what it takes. Bell has done the work and has the respect. Congrats to them and best wishes for the year. If we don't beat you, I hope nobody does.

I think KC should had been Top 5 in it. I guess there going by the record from last year too. Didnt KC go like 7-5 last year?
I will be the first to say that WYMT has Belfry ranked too high.

But, for ANYONE.. to list Pike Central ahead of Belfry and Sheldon Clark, they instantly lose all credibility.

1. Bell County

2. Johnson Central

3. Somerset
4. Pulaski County
5. Letcher Central
6. Knox Central
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence County
9. Belfry
10. Perry Central
I have a feeling Perry and Hazard will be on this list most of the year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will be the first to say that WYMT has Belfry ranked too high.

But, for ANYONE.. to list Pike Central ahead of Belfry and Sheldon Clark, they instantly lose all credibility.

1. Bell County

2. Johnson Central

3. Somerset
4. Pulaski County
5. Letcher Central
6. Knox Central
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence County
9. Belfry
10. Perry Central

Don't toot your own horn I actually said it first :1:. Just messing with ya.
Corbin is bad, Knox should be in the toop 5.Don't believe Corbin could beat any of the top 10
redstorm Wrote:Corbin is bad, Knox should be in the toop 5.Don't believe Corbin could beat any of the top 10

Yes Corbin lost ALOT... Im predicting Middlesboro to win that District this year. The Boro returns alot from last year and add a GREAT coaching staff this year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes Corbin lost ALOT... Im predicting Middlesboro to win that District this year. The Boro returns alot from last year and add a GREAT coaching staff this year.

I don't know about that. I can't see that happening.
Seems like everyone is writing Pike Central off as a joke. Even though last season they only went 7-6 they had a new coach and a new system they had to adapt to, which isnt very easy at all. 7-6 at most powerhouse programs isnt nothing to brag about but that was the most wins ever in school history. Not to mention the were competive in every game.Coach Chapman had to build this program from the ground up and is still a work in progress. If you watch the kids this year it is as if they have a new fill to them maybe a little of swagger.Over this off season they have added a significant amount of talent to there roster also. The Boggs kid from Perry Central which has a cannon for a arm and the size to go with it. I dont look for him to have a record breaking year becouse its his first year as a starter. Chapman will help him manage the game and he will turn into one of the best Qb in the mountain. The Shouse kid that came from Breathitt would have been apart of a great Sophmore class that the Bobcats have. He started Middle LB last year for the Bobcats as a Freshman. He either lead the team INT or shared it with Fugate. He also had a lot of big hits. This kid made a hit last week that is on You Tube under Cory Shouse. One of the biggest hits ive seen in a long time. So if anyone wants to doubt Chapman just look at his resume. He has 3 state titles and has proven he can win!
Pages: 1 2 3