Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LeBron's 1-Hour ESPN Special(Poll)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.
The thread about Barkley got me thinking...
What is the general consensus about the ESPN special.
Was it a good idea, or a bad idea?
Neutral is not an option on this one.
I want to know if it hurt his legacy or helped it.
Keep it clean:please:

*This is not about his decision to go to Miami. It's about the way he announced it to everyone.
Bad idea. You didnt see Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare, Bosh or anyone else having an hour long special. I personally think it was distasteful. Allen, KG didn't do it when they were free agents. It just shows how self-centered and cocky Lebron is. He lost a lot of respect from people when he done this. The so called "king" isn't getting the praise on espn like he once did. They are no longer referring to him as being so great but instead being a punk. So IMO, bad idea.
I don't think you can really blame it on Lebron. He just gets bad advice constantly from the people around him. He's been getting advice from these people ever since he was in middle school and it's not changing now.
blackcatalum Wrote:i don't think you can really blame it on lebron. He just gets bad advice constantly from the people around him. He's been getting advice from these people ever since he was in middle school and it's not changing now.

imo punk a$$.
I think it was a good idea. True Lebron fans that were not or currently in Ohio were all excited about the decision.. With that being said, once everyone heard about the 1 hour special, it was pretty much wrote in stone that he was not returning to the Cavs. Why else would he do a 1 hour special? It sure the heck wouldn't be because he was staying, cause that'd be pretty dumb don't you think? I think it was a good idea.. Just because he is the #1 or #2 player in the league, and he changed teams. **** it wasn't announced randomly on ESPN or anything like that.. We knew when he'd be maknig a decision and that's what the fans like.. To find out when the media finds out. Everyone found out at the same time. The only reason that KG, Allen, Amare, and the rest of them didn't announce is because they are NOT the best. Lebron IS the best. That's just how it is.. Call the Waaambulance if need be. Either way Lebron had the 1 hour special for a reason. He wanted EVERYONE to know, especially Kobe and the Lakers.. That him and his new found friends are coming for a title.. Even if it meant him leaving his hometown in Akron, and going to South Beach.

Yeah, hes a media magnet, but so is Kobe. All the random segments he did in Cav Country was tasteful and kept the fans happy. Now that he is in South Beach everyone hates him and rags on him for doing the 1 hour special. Bunch of babies. If I was the best player in the NBA and went to a different team after 7 years of being on the same team.. I'd make a 1 hour special too.

This is just a rag thread, to rag on Lebron so let me tell you how I really feel.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Brandon Knight's choice televised? Yes, maybe it wasn't a 1 hour special.. But really does any of you know that LEBRON himself, set the 1 hour special up? **** NO you don't.. So please, don't try to judge a man, unless your best friends with Avery Johnson or Jeff Van Gundy, gtfo.
I love it. Amazes me, but I'd say most everyone who posts how bad an idea of it either: 1. watched or 2. did not post it was a bad idea in the original threads discussing his decision.

All this garbage about "so and so" didn't do it is also a bogus argument. There is NO ONE else besides Kobe that could have pulled it off. The 1 hour special pulled in ratings better than the nightly baseball games on ESPN, yet it was a bad idea. A mega star got the mega spotlight, which brought in mega bucks for a charity. Where were all these haters a couple of months ago when they were all posting about where they thought he was going, instead of how terrible of an idea or egotistical of an idea it was.
Why it was a good idea. he is now the most hated basketball player in the world. His show would not have been so bad if he had not quit on the cavs and literally threw the playoffs. How can you score that many points and get all those rebounds and assists and still be considered the main reason your team lost.Well in the last three minutes of the game when its on the line, miss all your shots and turn the ball over every other time you touch it. All year lebron drove hard to the basket and scored. No one could stop him. He is a freak of nature. Unstoppable. then they play the celtics and he drives all the way to the basket over 95 times in six games only to throw a pass away or throw to someone behind the three point line who shot around 20% from behind the arc. I loved watching him all year until the old men from boston beat them when he did everything in his power the last 3 minutes of each gme to lose it. i know it sounds crazy but i loved watched him and have never seen a bigger meltdown in my life. He pulled a mike tyson. Going from the best to not being able to do anything.
Lebron faking an injury just so he wouldnt shoot as much because he did not want to win. Why? I think for some reason he hated the fans of cleveland before they hated him. Nobody but skip baylock picked the celtics and he picked them in six and predicted a james meltdown. He made one of the best predictions of all times but to predict a james meltdown sounded comical to me.I will never pick him over Kobe. Even in china he is like a 10-1 favorite player over lebron.
catwoman Wrote:Lebron faking an injury just so he wouldnt shoot as much because he did not want to win. Why? I think for some reason he hated the fans of cleveland before they hated him. Nobody but skip baylock picked the celtics and he picked them in six and predicted a james meltdown. He made one of the best predictions of all times but to predict a james meltdown sounded comical to me.I will never pick him over Kobe. Even in china he is like a 10-1 favorite player over lebron.

Faked and injury and quit on the Cavs hunh? He was the leading scorer in the Cavs last game. He had an awesome game. Kobe was terrible in game 7 of the NBA finals, did he quit?
Stardust Wrote:Faked and injury and quit on the Cavs hunh? He was the leading scorer in the Cavs last game. He had an awesome game. Kobe was terrible in game 7 of the NBA finals, did he quit?

Very true.
Stardust Wrote:Faked and injury and quit on the Cavs hunh? He was the leading scorer in the Cavs last game. He had an awesome game. Kobe was terrible in game 7 of the NBA finals, did he quit?

Leave THE BLACK MAMBA out of this!!!!
What did he do to you lol

Good point though...
I don't think LBJ quit.
I think the pressure just caught up to him in Cleveland.
It's tough to have to do it all every night
zaga_fan Wrote:Leave THE BLACK MAMBA out of this!!!!
What did he do to you lol

Good point though...
I don't think LBJ quit.
I think the pressure just caught up to him in Cleveland.
It's tough to have to do it all every night

Amen. He has had zero help and that is why he has no rings.
Stardust Wrote:Amen. He has had zero help and that is why he has no rings.

He definitely needed help.
It's amazing how he took that team to the best record in the NBA but when you're doing it in such a one-dimensional way it doesn't make for a good playoff run.
Good coaches have 7 games to figure you out and if you can't counter what they are throwing at you, you'll never get a ring.
That's why he needs help.
zaga_fan Wrote:He definitely needed help.
It's amazing how he took that team to the best record in the NBA but when you're doing it in such a one-dimensional way it doesn't make for a good playoff run.
Good coaches have 7 games to figure you out and if you can't counter what they are throwing at you, you'll never get a ring.
That's why he needs help.

They fired the coach, so they didn't think the coach had the no how.
Stardust Wrote:They fired the coach, so they didn't think the coach had the no how.

My statement was a little misleading...
I meant that other coaches(ex. Doc Rivers) could figure out what the Cavs were doing and not have any real resistance because the Cavs didn't have a lot of options as to what they could throw at you.

That clear it up a little.
I wasn't knocking the Cavs coaching, just the fact that they were limited and if they play a well coached team in a 7 game series they are in trouble.
zaga_fan Wrote:My statement was a little misleading...
I meant that other coaches(ex. Doc Rivers) could figure out what the Cavs were doing and not have any real resistance because the Cavs didn't have a lot of options as to what they could throw at you.

That clear it up a little.
I wasn't knocking the Cavs coaching, just the fact that they were limited and if they play a well coached team in a 7 game series they are in trouble.

No, my point was that the Cav's did not feel they had the coach who could figure out the adjustments in the playoffs, thus they fired him. However, in this instance, the Cavs were not going to win a title with the horses that they had.

It's funny how people are saying that Lebron tanked it. Without Lebron, that team would have been a 30 win team and not even in the playoffs. Lebron didn't tank it, he had no support in the waning minutes of games 6 & 7, thus the Celtics double and triple teamed him preventing him from being a factor. So, when the game came down to the last couple of minutes and Lebron was handcuffed, there was no Scottie Pippin to help MJ, no Kobe to help Shaq, no Pierce to help KG. Lebron was in the same situation in Cleveland that Shaq was in Orlando.
[quote=Stardust]No, my point was that the Cav's did not feel they had the coach who could figure out the adjustments in the playoffs, thus they fired him. However, in this instance, the Cavs were not going to win a title with the horses that they had.

It's funny how people are saying that Lebron tanked it. Without Lebron, that team would have been a 30 win team and not even in the playoffs. Lebron didn't tank it, he had no support in the waning minutes of games 6 & 7, thus the Celtics double and triple teamed him preventing him from being a factor. So, when the game came down to the last couple of minutes and Lebron was handcuffed, there was no Scottie Pippin to help MJ, no Kobe to help Shaq, no Pierce to help KG. Lebron was in the same situation in Cleveland that Shaq was in Orlando.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about SD, he had Anthony Hardaway Big Grin.
Could have respected it a little more if it was exacerbated over an HOUR LONG TV PRIMETIME SPECIAL!!! That was way too much for me.
Still hate the 1-hour special.
Bad Idea
No I didn't watch his ego take over ESPN for an hour.
I have said all along he shouldn't have done it and that it showed him having no class.

I like LeBron but IMO it was more "Look at me, I am so great". His first few years in the league he was alot more humble superstar.

Brandon Knight, John Wall, any other high school kid is just that. A KID. At that time, their college choice is the biggest thing they have ever done in their life. Let them celebrate it.

LeBron is a grown man and a professional. He should act the part.
Ballers Wrote:[quote=Stardust]No, my point was that the Cav's did not feel they had the coach who could figure out the adjustments in the playoffs, thus they fired him. However, in this instance, the Cavs were not going to win a title with the horses that they had.

It's funny how people are saying that Lebron tanked it. Without Lebron, that team would have been a 30 win team and not even in the playoffs. Lebron didn't tank it, he had no support in the waning minutes of games 6 & 7, thus the Celtics double and triple teamed him preventing him from being a factor. So, when the game came down to the last couple of minutes and Lebron was handcuffed, there was no Scottie Pippin to help MJ, no Kobe to help Shaq, no Pierce to help KG. Lebron was in the same situation in Cleveland that Shaq was in Orlando.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about SD, he had Anthony Hardaway Big Grin.

I don't know about Anthony, but that Anfernee Hardaway was a complete bust, he had a Million $ contract but a Penny game :biggrin:
Amun-Ra Wrote:Bad Idea
No I didn't watch his ego take over ESPN for an hour.
I have said all along he shouldn't have done it and that it showed him having no class.

I like LeBron but IMO it was more "Look at me, I am so great". His first few years in the league he was alot more humble superstar.

Brandon Knight, John Wall, any other high school kid is just that. A KID. At that time, their college choice is the biggest thing they have ever done in their life. Let them celebrate it.

LeBron is a grown man and a professional. He should act the part.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:[quote=Ballers]

I don't know about Anthony, but that Anfernee Hardaway was a complete bust, he had a Million $ contract but a Penny game :biggrin:

:Thumbs: You got that right, but I'd rather have a Million $ contract and a Penny game as a Penny contract and a Million $ game.
Westside Wrote:[quote=Stardust]

:Thumbs: You got that right, but I'd rather have a Million $ contract and a Penny game as a Penny contract and a Million $ game.

Amen to that.