Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 95 - Windsor 62 Part I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
zaga_fan Wrote:You'll find about 5 on this site tho....

I can name 5 off the top of my head.
zaga_fan Wrote:I understand the humor....
but c'mon....
that's one of the first positive UK posts I have ever posted lol
From now on I'm a UK hater:devilflam
Come on, it was a joke. Don't get your thongs in a wad...That's a good way to get hated on this forum really fast. :Sad04:
zaga_fan Wrote:I find it hard to pull for Calipari.
I want to see college teams with tough players that are going to play for four years, get a degree, and really play for the name across their chest and not the one on their back.
Cal doesn't recruit players that do that. He gets athletic one-and-done players that want to sleep through class for a year and sign a shoe deal.
I just don't get into that.
and I never will

He recruits the BEST players. I'm pretty sure he doesn't just recruit certain players the are for sure one and dones. He goes after the best, if the best decide to stay just one year or decide to stay all four, that's THEIR choice. Some may play like they're playing just for themselves, but they ALL play for the name across their chest.

That argument just doesn't make since.
vundy33 Wrote:He recruits the BEST players. I'm pretty sure he doesn't just recruit certain players the are for sure one and dones. He goes after the best, if the best decide to stay just one year or decide to stay all four, that's THEIR choice. Some may play like they're playing just for themselves, but they ALL play for the name across their chest.

That argument just doesn't make since.

Sorry it doesn't make since.
It's my argument and it makes sense to me(See Rule 12).
I like players that use college to get an education and play basketball while they are there because they love the game.
One-and-done players love the game just as much, but I would rather see them go straight to the NBA.
It's my opinion and it's not going to be swayed Wink
vundy33 Wrote:Come on, it was a joke. Don't get your thongs in a wad...That's a good way to get hated on this forum really fast. :Sad04:

You'll probably get hated just as fast if you bash peoples teams out of nowhere on a thread that has nothing to do with that team Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:You'll probably get hated just as fast if you bash peoples teams out of nowhere on a thread that has nothing to do with that team Wink

I hope Zaga doesn't turn mod or admin anytime soon, or else all the poor town ppl like myself will be getting infracs. and suspensions all day. Sad
zaga_fan Wrote:You'll probably get hated just as fast if you bash peoples teams out of nowhere on a thread that has nothing to do with that team Wink

Thanks for the correction on the misspelled word, by the way.

Man, it was a JOKE! I personally love Gonzaga, and I'm pretty sure Ballers doesn't hate them. Now if you were a Duke or Loserville fan, then this spat would have never happened.

"Yeah, they had UK playing Gonzaga early this season but figured the teams up in Canada would put up a better fight. :biggrin:" ----- You consider that a rule violation or a "bash"? Doesn't sound like a false or incorrect statement to me...sounds like a joke, which is what it was. You're being all ****y over a joke.

Rule #8 - 8. Posting false or incorrect information will not be tolerated. If you are unaware of something such as a score or any information regarding a certain topic, then do not post it until sure. False threads and posts will be deleted and you will be warned.

I'm not trying to sway your opinion. Think what you want, I don't care if you think UK is the worst program in the world, Bigfoot is real, or 9/11 is a conspiracy. Just letting you know I don't think it's a good one. Wink
I want to see college teams with tough players that are going to play for four years, get a degree, and really play for the name across their chest and not the one on their back.
Cal doesn't recruit players that do that. He gets athletic one-and-done players that want to sleep through class for a year and sign a shoe deal.
and I never will

i dont find any problem with tht...atleast they went a year of college and other players get degrees so they have something to fall back on those players are just ballers....they want to play ball for the rest of their life...i'm not saying i'm a big UK fan though...i have to watch teams before i am able to say i hate them or like them...:popcorn:
vundy33 Wrote:Thanks for the correction on the misspelled word, by the way.

Man, it was a JOKE! I personally love Gonzaga, and I'm pretty sure Ballers doesn't hate them. Now if you were a Duke or Loserville fan, then this spat would have never happened.

"Yeah, they had UK playing Gonzaga early this season but figured the teams up in Canada would put up a better fight. :biggrin:" ----- You consider that a rule violation or a "bash"? Doesn't sound like a false or incorrect statement to me...sounds like a joke, which is what it was. You're being all ****y over a joke.

Rule #8 - 8. Posting false or incorrect information will not be tolerated. If you are unaware of something such as a score or any information regarding a certain topic, then do not post it until sure. False threads and posts will be deleted and you will be warned.

I'm not trying to sway your opinion. Think what you want, I don't care if you think UK is the worst program in the world, Bigfoot is real, or 9/11 is a conspiracy. Just letting you know I don't think it's a good one. Wink

**officially retiring from this thread**
and I never will

yeah i hate the one and done rule the nba screwed up the ncaa on that one let the kids who wanna go pro go pro and the ones who want to be in college let them i grew up idolzing scott pageant,jeff sheppard, jamaal mglore,wayne turner,and nazr mohhammed because they were there every year and as a fan they became part of the uk family and so many fond memories were formed its hard to say that now
Sounds like some of you miss Tubby ball.

I'm very satisfied with having superior talent each and every season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sounds like some of you miss Tubby ball.

I'm very satisfied with having superior talent each and every season.

:Thumbs:
The times have changed and the process has changed. Cal knows his recruiting and how it will result. I think that it is fine and a perfect way to get a program up and going in a hurry (see last years team). This is in comparison to getting some low name players and never really making too big of a dent in the post season. I do not get the discussion of Cal recruiting kids who care nothing of their education when his star player from last year is slowing getting his degree and when the star player this year is already a mid sophomore and has said that his "mind will outlast his body" thus showing a commitment to his school and obtaining his degree. Cal gets the best players that is possible, and places them in a team that has the talent needed for title runs.
As for the multiple year players, it is just something that has changed for all of the college basketball over the past 10 years or so..... Right around UK's 96 title, remember Walker? If you want this kind of veteran depth in a year or so look to Stacey Poole and next year and years down the line look at Behanan (hopefully). I think that Cal has done an amazing job with the recruiting and has done EXACTLY what was needed to get the program back after 2 years of subpar results.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The times have changed and the process has changed. Cal knows his recruiting and how it will result. I think that it is fine and a perfect way to get a program up and going in a hurry (see last years team). This is in comparison to getting some low name players and never really making too big of a dent in the post season. I do not get the discussion of Cal recruiting kids who care nothing of their education when his star player from last year is slowing getting his degree and when the star player this year is already a mid sophomore and has said that his "mind will outlast his body" thus showing a commitment to his school and obtaining his degree. Cal gets the best players that is possible, and places them in a team that has the talent needed for title runs.
As for the multiple year players, it is just something that has changed for all of the college basketball over the past 10 years or so..... Right around UK's 96 title, remember Walker? If you want this kind of veteran depth in a year or so look to Stacey Poole and next year and years down the line look at Behanan (hopefully). I think that Cal has done an amazing job with the recruiting and has done EXACTLY what was needed to get the program back after 2 years of subpar results.

One thing we didn't have last year IMO was role players to help out the 5 star players we had. Liggins and Miller were both streaky, but this year Cal has put them to work and I believe they will come up 2x's bigger this year. With that being said, and the addition of the new recruits we have now, I look for UK to go deep (possibly even deeper than last year) in the tournament. This is just IMO, so nobody jerk out any knifes or guns on me or the UK fans.
^ Man I do not think that too many people will dispute that. With the talent across the board (not as much as last year), mixed with the amazing balance at every position for the dribble drive, I think that they have just as good of a shot to get to the final four and win it all. I would say that this team may have 6 losses whereas last years only had 3. But hopefully a better result.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:^ Man I do not think that too many people will dispute that. With the talent across the board (not as much as last year), mixed with the amazing balance at every position for the dribble drive, I think that they have just as good of a shot to get to the final four and win it all. I would say that this team may have 6 losses whereas last years only had 3. But hopefully a better result.

Cal's last 5 seasons speak for theirself..

I'm going to say a good 33-4 or 32-4 season is instore for UK. At least a Final Four appearance, but I will be pulling for my boys to go all the way.
I'm not going to be shocked if we don't win the title this year, but next year I surely expect our team to be almost perfect. This years team have a shot at championship gold tho.. They just need to keep their heads up.

And another SEC championship is waiting for us. Wink
Ballers Wrote:Cal's last 5 seasons speak for theirself..

I'm going to say a good 33-4 or 32-4 season is instore for UK. At least a Final Four appearance, but I will be pulling for my boys to go all the way.
I'm not going to be shocked if we don't win the title this year, but next year I surely expect our team to be almost perfect. This years team have a shot at championship gold tho.. They just need to keep their heads up.

And another SEC championship is waiting for us. Wink

Great time to be a Cat fan!!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Polson had a lot of speed against this team! I could tell when Shelby Valley played West Jess in the state tourney but it was fantastic to see him do it against some be competition.

Seems like Cal likes him pretty well too. I flip the game on a couple of times and saw Polson in the other game some times
NYY10 Wrote:Seems like Cal likes him pretty well too. I flip the game on a couple of times and saw Polson in the other game some times

In the first Windsor game it was really cool to see Polson steal the ball and go to the hole with a great cut and lay-up! It was like watching him in Rupp again!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Great time to be a Cat fan!!

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:In the first Windsor game it was really cool to see Polson steal the ball and go to the hole with a great cut and lay-up! It was like watching him in Rupp again!

I wouldn't count on him getting incredible playing time this season.. More along the lines of the same playing time Hood got last year.
^ I agree with that
Ballers Wrote:I wouldn't count on him getting incredible playing time this season.. More along the lines of the same playing time Hood got last year.

Oh yeah, I figured that. I think that his time may actually be less than that of Hood last year. It was just great to see a kid like that get on the court in a consistent manner.
Ballers Wrote:I wouldn't count on him getting incredible playing time this season.. More along the lines of the same playing time Hood got last year.

:Thumbs: Agreed
idk how zaga could say Darius isn't any better than he was.. He probably avg'd 20 or more in their trip to Canada.
and I never will

Ok Zaga , so we will bring back Tubby just for you so you can like UK again !
Confusedhh:
Snackbar Wrote:Ok Zaga , so we will bring back Tubby just for you so you can like UK again !
Confusedhh:

No we won't either.. Tubby can stay right up Minn's. *** were he belongs. We have a good coach Smile
Ballers Wrote:idk how zaga could say Darius isn't any better than he was.. He probably avg'd 20 or more in their trip to Canada.

Ballers, you could have averaged 20 against the teams in Canada.... Let's not all get carried away with what the Cats did or did not do based on the competition. I liked some things I saw, and there were things that are greatly missing.
Stardust Wrote:Ballers, you could have averaged 20 against the teams in Canada.... Let's not all get carried away with what the Cats did or did not do based on the competition. I liked some things I saw, and there were things that are greatly missing.

:zzz: ....Hater
Pages: 1 2 3