Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming down to see the Dragons play Bell COunty. I realize BEll is a tough task.

What can we expect offensively and defensively? Key players? Not asking for any trade secrets just a general idea of what to expect.
Expect some smash mouth football
Bell County is a fundamentally sound team that plays some smashmouth football. Offensively, Davenport is a fast running back with great vision. He is expected to be one of top backs, not only in the mountains, but in the state this season. John Dudley leads the defense and is getting some recognition for Mr. Football. This a great team.
Offense- Cory Davenport, Hilton, Mills, Cody Davenport.
Defense- Hilton, Brown, and Mills.

BELL Co will throw the ball alot more this season than the last few years.
How many state titles has bell won (and what class)?
Winterweather Wrote:How many state titles has bell won (and what class)?

1991 Class AAA
2008 Class AAAA
Is Hilton the coach's son?

Has long has Hilton been at Bell?
Dudley Hilton is the 2nd winningest coach in the State. If he wins I think 14 this year he will be #1.

Dudley has 3 State Championships and should had atleast 2 more.
Winterweather Wrote:Is Hilton the coach's son?

Has long has Hilton been at Bell?

Yes. John Dudley Hilton, he does everything for this team.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Offense- Cory Davenport, Hilton, Mills, Cody Davenport.

What about Carton? I thouhgt he killed us last year. Also did Raines go play anywhere? He was a nice looking high school player with good speed + size.
bulldog42 Wrote:What about Carton? I thouhgt he killed us last year. Also did Raines go play anywhere? He was a nice looking high school player with good speed + size.

Carton quit school and then got in trouble with the law. He only played a half of a season last year.

Don't forget about Patterson, Marsee, and Hoskins on the D-line they are going to be tuff:Thumbs:

IMO you are forgeting the best senior on the team in Madon at QB. Can throw and run. :dontthink
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Dudley Hilton is the 2nd winningest coach in the State. If he wins I think 14 this year he will be #1.

Dudley has 3 State Championships and should had atleast 2 more.

He was won 2 at Bell,where was the other?

You're talking all time wins, correct?
Winterweather Wrote:He was won 2 at Bell,where was the other?

You're talking all time wins, correct?

This is his 24th season at Bell County. Won 2 at Bell one at Bourbon County. All time wins.
Bell sets the bar for football in the mountains. John Dudley is undersized and an overachiever for that linebacker spot he holds down. He is better than guys who are faster and stronger than him because it matters to him at a level most kids never get.

Two years ago we had Bell beat for the regional championship with a couple minutes to go in the game when Raines took a shovel pass about 60 yards to beat us. I hope he is playing somewhere.

Make sure your kids have air in their helmets.
I think Ranies is at G'town playing DB?
he is at george town. what time does the game start friday?
Middlesboro/Alcoa @ 6
BellCo/Green afterwards around 8:30 or 9

per a Middlesboro coach on the times.
How many starters on each side do you guys return>?
Also, there is a defensive lineman mentioned in the best lineman in the mountains thread. Who is he and is he as good as thread hints at?
They have 7 or 8 back on offense and defense.

Bell always was one of or the top OL and DL units in the Mountains. The past 5-6 seasons they annually have an all-state OL and DL each year. I am not sure who would be the best on either unit this year? Maybe a Bell fan can fill you in on that.
Winterweather Wrote:Also, there is a defensive lineman mentioned in the best lineman in the mountains thread. Who is he and is he as good as thread hints at?

OL/DL Caleb Carter 6'6 290 very athletic lineman, move very good!
Bell's D-line is Patterson, Marsee, Miller and Hoskins
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:OL/DL Caleb Carter 6'6 290 very athletic lineman, move very good!

Justin Patterson is Bell's best DLinemen hands down. Caleb plays offense
Did the Lawson boy graduate? I think that is his name DL
redstorm Wrote:Did the Lawson boy graduate? I think that is his name DL

yes
kmba32 Wrote:Justin Patterson is Bell's best DLinemen hands down. Caleb plays offense

I just put down DL for the heck of it, to be honest later in the year I say he will see some action there against big lines. I know Carter just plays OLine.
The Bell County fans have filled you in nicely... but I will add from an outsider that you will also be facing a VERY,VERY good run defense. Bell's defense perennially is very sound fundamentally, they flow to the ball really well, and they get excellent penetration.

I know Green's forte is the running game and they have been one of the best rush offenses in the state the past few year's statisitically. If Green cannot when the battle at the LOS it will either be feast or famine, IMO. I don't know how good Green's passing game is, but to ahve a shot I would have to think they need to complete at the very leat 6 or 7 passes to help loosen Bell up.