Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central vs. Clay County 8/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All indications are this will be a great game with big hits; big scores, and an unpredictable end. Both varsity squads looked tough last night even with starters on the side lines.

Knox 21
Clay 20

In the game of the week!
clay 28
Knox 21
Too close to call. Maybe even a OT in this game.
Didn't see the grid, but I think Knox took a surprise loss last year early before getting on a roll. I'll take Clay in a slight upset.
no doubt clay wins easy too many athletes
watched grid o rama at kc
kc not impressive at all clay is for real
kc has no where near the athletes clay does

clay wins this one big
Clay Co.
I'll take Clay County by a touchdown.

Best of luck to both!
Finally had time to think about it. Clay Co's Oline is a monster. Clay by 10.
This should be a dandy.

Clay 28
Knox 21
Clay should win. Bigger school, bigger kids in many positions. Hooker. They beat us last year and it looks like the early pick on this board is for them to win. So they are the favorite.

But they have a chore in front of them. Win they may but fight they will to get it. Stopping a balanced attack and moving the ball against a defense that is likely the best Central has fielded ever will be no easy task.
This game is at Clay County so i give them the edge. Both teams did tremendous in there scrimmages but i believe Clay wins by 6 because there home. I also think it could be vice versa with Knox winning by 6. But Clay is at home so 20 to 14 Clay.
The game will be played at Lynn Camp time is 6:30pm friday night and im going with K.C to win by at least two Tds .

bac2369 Wrote:This game is at Clay County so i give them the edge. Both teams did tremendous in there scrimmages but i believe Clay wins by 6 because there home. I also think it could be vice versa with Knox winning by 6. But Clay is at home so 20 to 14 Clay.
Clay will never score 56 points on Knox Central's D-Line

dogface34 Wrote:no doubt clay wins easy too many athletes
watched grid o rama at kc
kc not impressive at all clay is for real
kc has no where near the athletes clay does

clay wins this one big
# 1 Knox Central Fan Wrote:Clay will never score 56 points on Knox Central's D-Line
Amen. Anyone who predicts such does not know our defense.
This will come down to line play. Clays O-line is the better but Knox may well have the advantage on d-line. It will be easy to overlook Clay but it might prove to be a big mistake.
Knox wins this one by at least 2 td's.
Knox wins. Lost in the upset last year at Clay with fumbles dooming them late. Knox will win by 2 TD's 28-14.
Clay did something Friday night I have not seen a local team do to Bell in 10 years - drive the ball effortlessly down their throats running and passing against Bell's 1st team defense. So I know Clay has put together a great O-line with some exceptional skill players.

Knox defense has lived up to its name so far this year. The knocks have been plenty! They will get a chance Friday to show it for sure. And I believe they will!
knox wins what does this game start
Kick off is at 6:30 for the 1st game.
Here is the score from last years game and a small amount of stats.

Clay Co 27
Knox Central 7

Clay Co:
260 yards rushing
57 yards passing
2 fumble recoveries
#4 Noah Reid who starts for Clay this year had 8 carries for 100 yards.

Knox Central:
286 yards rushing
80 yards passing
1 fumble recovery
Tough defense against a good balance offense, or to be a great one. I think that Clay Co will win this one in a dog fight.

Clay Co-35

Knox Co-21
Knox Central 14-7.
KC by 7
Clay-24
Knox-21
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Here is the score from last years game and a small amount of stats.

Clay Co 27
Knox Central 7

Clay Co:
260 yards rushing
57 yards passing
2 fumble recoveries
#4 Noah Reid who starts for Clay this year had 8 carries for 100 yards.

Knox Central:
286 yards rushing
80 yards passing
1 fumble recovery
Nice post. Seeing the numbers reminds me of how critical those fumbles were. One at the goal line ready to score. We also learned something about the value of not losing it and handing teams multiple 15 yard penalties.
Knox had one fumble inside the five in the first half. One fumble went 99 yards for a touchdown. I think mistakes killed Knox early in the year. If Knox plays mistake free ball they will beat anyone they play.For those that disagree look at the losses from last year. They lost the turnover battle,in all the games they lost.
Had a great practice today! All the horses are back in the stable. We had 3 starters out at the HC scrimmage that will be big factors Friday night. Got to catch a few minutes to see a fired up squad looking forward to a big battle!
Last time I checked they were only negative 1 in turnovver category against Clay. Which is worth at the most 7 points. Two fumbles total loss is 14 points either way fumbles or not they still would have came up short.
Football Fool Wrote:Knox had one fumble inside the five in the first half. One fumble went 99 yards for a touchdown. I think mistakes killed Knox early in the year. If Knox plays mistake free ball they will beat anyone they play.For those that disagree look at the losses from last year. They lost the turnover battle,in all the games they lost.

Teenagers make mistakes.
Pages: 1 2