Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: App. Wireless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm looking to get a new cell phone and have it down to the lg ellipse and samsung finesse. any suggestions?
samsung finnesse are pretty nice. My friend has one.
Go Blackberry
CardinalAlum Wrote:Go Blackberry

I prefer Blueberry. :biggrin:
If you text at all, the blackberry curve is the only way to go.
I don't text that much, but my contract runs out next month, so I am looking for wifi, sd slot, headphone jack and a touch screen kind of phone.
I would definitely go Blackberry. I have one and I love it.
How is the Milestones? Anybody got one yet?
I'd go Milestone. I've had one for 3 months now and love it. Battery life is amazing, plus the features you get with an Android device match that of the iPhone. The only negative I have is the processor speed is only around 600 MGHZ. Now, if you want a phone with a faster processor, the HTC Desire is scheduled to be released on September 27th. It has a 1 GHz processor, but like anything else with that large of a processor, the battery life isn't that great.

So moral of the story, if you like fast, go with the Desire. If you like battery life and a slide out keypad, go Milestone. If you are a business type person who relies heavily on email, opening documents, etc., go Blackberry. If you are old, use a corded home phone. Big Grin
Also, forgot to mention, be sure to add us on Twitter at twitter.com/appwireless or on facebook at facebook.com/appwireless. I usually update it as things begin to roll in. I think you will find our facebook page very informative as many users ask questions and I answer them as soon as I see them.

Also, feel free to add me on Twitter at twitter.com/jallen14 as I tend to give updates on phones there as well as some UK tidbits, weather tidbits, etc.

/shameless plug.
I have the LG ellipse and is does everything I need it to do.
Service is goot and texting is easy with the qwerty keypad.
However, it does seems mine turns off randomly.
I dunno if it's just mine or what, but it gets a little aggravating lol.
zaga_fan Wrote:I have the LG ellipse and is does everything I need it to do.
Service is goot and texting is easy with the qwerty keypad.
However, it does seems mine turns off randomly.
I dunno if it's just mine or what, but it gets a little aggravating lol.
We are having a few capacity issues in certain areas. More towers are going up to handle the large loads of calls, texts, etc. and a new switch upgrade is being signed for. Improvements are coming soon.

Just to give you an example of capacity issues, this time 2 years ago, we were averaging around 30,000 text messages per month. Last month, we were at 40,000,000 text messages. That's not including the calls, data sessions, etc. that were hitting the towers at the same time. We currently have 5 towers surrounding the city of Hazard and are having capacity issues there. Looks like Hazard will have around 7 towers surrounding it soon. LOL. It's hard to put up towers in new places when we are having to put up towers in places we thought were well covered areas.
Go Verizon! Cheaper and their coverage is better than ATT now. I heard they were using App. Wireless towers now. Just what I heard...check it out first though...Wink
OffTheHook Wrote:Go Verizon! Cheaper and their coverage is better than ATT now. I heard they were using App. Wireless towers now. Just what I heard...check it out first though...Wink
Verizon does use our network. However, they have Sprint listed as their primary roaming partner so if their phones see just a hint of Sprint, they will pick it up before even attempting to hit our towers, even if ours is the nearest tower. Just keep that in mind. And yes, Sprint does have towers in this area.
I just got the Motorola Grasp, and really do like it.
Has anyone got the Milestone yet?
Verizon works amazing around here..Plus it is 10 times cheaper..
Basketballer Wrote:Verizon works amazing around here..Plus it is 10 times cheaper..
Verizon uses our towers. 10 times cheaper it is not.[Image: 5071872152_90bb9cc32b.jpg][Image: 5071264291_9547101870.jpg]
As you can tell from the pictures above, taken directly from each of our websites, there are no differences in prices other than they give you 900 minutes for $59.99, whereas we give you 800 minutes for $59.99. BUT, we give you unlimited minutes nationwide for $64.99 when they charge you $69.99. To have 2 lines on their unlimited nationwide minute plan, it would cost you $119.99, whereas with us, it's $104.99.

So looking at that, I'd say we are the cheaper one.
^ plus there is other charges that randomly pop up...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ plus there is other charges that randomly pop up...
With us or Verizon? My bill has never changed. It's always the same amount. Not sure what random charges pop up with Appalachian.