Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WWE Raw 8/9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bret Hart calls out Edge and Chris Jericho and ask them to come back to team Raw and Jericho says no and Edge says yes but trys to attach hart.

Nexus takes out the Hart Dynasty.

Nexus takes out Mark Henry after he says he'll join team Raw

The Human Jar Of Mayo Calls out Randy Orton and says he's not scared of him and tells him to do something, and he tries then Orton turns the tables on Sheamus and bout Punts him in the Skull but stops himself (for Summerslam) When Sheamus see's that he bout got kicked in the head he jumps back with a scared look in his eye.

Raw GM says that if anyone interferrs (how ever you spell it) in the WWE Title Match at Summerslam they will be suspended indefintley (however you spell it)

Sheamus takes out NXT Season 2 Rookies and Guarantees That This Time Next Week He Will Still Be WWE Champion

i'm starting to like Wade Barrett but still not a fan of Nexus
I've always been a fan of Wade. He's pretty good on the mic
Aslan Wrote:I've always been a fan of Wade. He's pretty good on the mic

Im certainly not a fan of the guy. He hasn't impressed me yet. And good on the mic? The Rock was good on the mic, no one can talk trash with the Rock.
The Rock is the best ever on the mic!
Aslan Wrote:The Rock is the best ever on the mic!

I agree!! 100%
I'm really starting to like Nexus.
^ I'm loving it. Finally Vince has found the booking magic that he seemed to have lost over the past few years. Also, TNA was starting to present a decent package. Though was not affecting the ratings, they certainly have presented themselves as legit organization. For those who have listened to me over the past couple of years, I have stated many times that WWE needed competition in order to get Vince to become motivated enough to really work on improving his product. He is beginning to do that now. Look for WWE to find themselves back into mainstream entertainment soon.
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm loving it. Finally Vince has found the booking magic that he seemed to have lost over the past few years. Also, TNA was starting to present a decent package. Though was not affecting the ratings, they certainly have presented themselves as legit organization. For those who have listened to me over the past couple of years, I have stated many times that WWE needed competition in order to get Vince to become motivated enough to really work on improving his product. He is beginning to do that now. Look for WWE to find themselves back into mainstream entertainment soon.

I could see that.. When WCW left, it just seemed like WWE went down hill.. Of course there were some up-times like the edition of ECW, and RVD taking the title from Cena.. But after that it was just down hill really. WWE has had a hard time finding ppl to fill the deep shoes of Stone Cold, The Rock, and all of the other wrestlers back in the 90's that just did so much for the show.. I believe Vince is finally getting his stuff together, and when you have a MAJOR threat like Nexus, power in numbers, it just makes it that bigger and better. I don't know if I can agree to all the new wrestlers they bring in, because it just confuses the **** out of me.. Some are no talent at all.. Chris Masters was a good edition to the WWE, he's ok on the mic and plays a pretty funny bad guy I think.. Just big power house meat-heads like him do wonders for the organization. I mean cmon', who doesn't think it's funny when a jughead like him comes out and has his hands together screaming "Noone can break the masterlock".. lol fun entertainment right there.
I think that when the WWF became the WWE is when it hurt Vince. He should have stayed with the PG-13 ratings and I don't think it would be so boring to watch.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I think that when the WWF became the WWE is when it hurt Vince. He should have stayed with the PG-13 ratings and I don't think it would be so boring to watch.

Us old school guys can agree on the WWF version of wrestling of when we enjoyed it the best. But it was when WWE went away from PG-13 that they had the greatest success that wrestling has EVER seen. The era of Stone Cold and the Rock was the beginning of the "Attitude" era. This is when Stone Cold cursed everyone around. When Sable started wearing pasties and Cat wore wrestling attire of bubble wrap, when Mankind came in with the intent of commiting suicide on national television and finally DX broke all the rules that anyone thought we would ever see on television. This was the greatest money making era that the industry ever saw. It only went down hill when those guys broke down or left the industry.

Though I liked wrestling when it was "rassling", it was when entertainment became the focal point of the show is when we saw it at it's best. Unfortuantely, we do not have storylines that are as entertaining. Thus, I do not beleive that it is the content, but the entertainer. Vince got away from booking for far too long. He is now trying to re-establish himself in the writing of storylines. Hopefully we will see more things like NXS that interests us and keeps us tuned in for more than 30 minutes of the 2 hour show.:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Us old school guys can agree on the WWF version of wrestling of when we enjoyed it the best. But it was when WWE went away from PG-13 that they had the greatest success that wrestling has EVER seen. The era of Stone Cold and the Rock was the beginning of the "Attitude" era. This is when Stone Cold cursed everyone around. When Sable started wearing pasties and Cat wore wrestling attire of bubble wrap, when Mankind came in with the intent of commiting suicide on national television and finally DX broke all the rules that anyone thought we would ever see on television. This was the greatest money making era that the industry ever saw. It only went down hill when those guys broke down or left the industry.
Though I liked wrestling when it was "rassling", it was when entertainment became the focal point of the show is when we saw it at it's best. Unfortuantely, we do not have storylines that are as entertaining. Thus, I do not beleive that it is the content, but the entertainer. Vince got away from booking for far too long. He is now trying to re-establish himself in the writing of storylines. Hopefully we will see more things like NXS that interests us and keeps us tuned in for more than 30 minutes of the 2 hour show.:Thumbs:

:notworthy:worthy::Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Us old school guys can agree on the WWF version of wrestling of when we enjoyed it the best. But it was when WWE went away from PG-13 that they had the greatest success that wrestling has EVER seen. The era of Stone Cold and the Rock was the beginning of the "Attitude" era. This is when Stone Cold cursed everyone around. When Sable started wearing pasties and Cat wore wrestling attire of bubble wrap, when Mankind came in with the intent of commiting suicide on national television and finally DX broke all the rules that anyone thought we would ever see on television. This was the greatest money making era that the industry ever saw. It only went down hill when those guys broke down or left the industry.

:Thumbs:

I'm backing you up on this one too SD. :Thumbs: Excellent post. The shoes of The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, and DX won't ever be filled though IMO.
^ Amen