Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC 117 Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the main event Silva gets dominated for 4 rounds but he got Sonnen in a Triangle choke hold and it was over. Still can't believe he won. My friends and I were stunned when Silva was getting beat like that to start the fight out. I've never seen anybody do Silva like that!
Silva took more hits in that first round than he's taken his entire UFC career!
Anderson Silva looked like he didnt train for this fight. Chael Sonnen absolutely DOMINATED him for 23 minutes, and the ONLY thing Anderson does the entire fight (the triangle) saves him. I was going on and on the whole night about how Chael's ground game had gotten better and better, but once you lock him up, he's toast. Silva mentioned something about being advised by doctors not to fight, so I dont know. I do know that I'm ready to see this guy lose..all in all, a pretty good night and card. Of course, anytime you get to see Clay Guida its gonna be fun. Hughes looked good, and as much as I love Jon Fitch, they should give out pillows to his fans, lol..but Im glad he beat Alves..
Finally someone went in with the intent of shoving their fist down Silv's throat. Too bad it didn't stick. Great fight by Sonnen. Who is out there that can beat Silva?
MAIN CARD

* Anderson Silva def. Chael Sonnen via submission (triangle choke) - Round 5, 3:10 (retains middleweight title)
* Jon Fitch def. Thiago Alves via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Clay Guida def. Rafael dos Anjos via submission (injury) - Round 3, 1:51
* Matt Hughes def. Ricardo Almeida via submission (modified arm-triangle choke) - Round 1, 3:15
* Junior Dos Santos def. Roy Nelson via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Rick Story def. Dustin Hazelett via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 1:15
* Phil Davis def. Rodney Wallace via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
* Johny Hendricks def. Charlie Brenneman via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 0:40
* Tim Boetsch def. Todd Brown via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Stefan Struve def. Christian Morecraft via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 0:22
* Dennis Hallman def. Ben Saunders via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
Stardust Wrote:Finally someone went in with the intent of shoving their fist down Silv's throat. Too bad it didn't stick. Great fight by Sonnen. Who is out there that can beat Silva?

A dominate wrestler like Chael.
He did the same thing in his first WEC title shot against Paulo, dominated the whole fight, then got caught in an arm bar at the very end. By the way he also protested he didnt tap in the fight too. Although he really didnt he was just screaming owww real hard and the ref stopped it before it broke. But he came back and completely dominated the next chance he got before the merge. Which is what I think would happen if he was given the immediate rematch.
Great fight for Sonnen!
I respect him for still trying to finish the fight in the 5th with the belt pretty much in-hand, but it came back to bite him....
He could have just layed on him and that would have been the end of it.

Congrats to Matt Hughes on an awesome choke, and extra grats to Clay Guida on breaking his opponents jaw.
GSP and Silva both would of came out and ran around or lay in good position the 5th round. Chael actually tried to finish a fight and it cost him. Makes you wonder if its smarter to just grind out the win rather than go for the kill. Fans may boo the heck out of the last round, but at least you leave with the belt and get all the perks of being a champion.
Stardust Wrote:Finally someone went in with the intent of shoving their fist down Silv's throat. Too bad it didn't stick. Great fight by Sonnen. Who is out there that can beat Silva?

Vito Belfort.
Hasnt fought at middleweight in 5 years. Won one fight in the ufc at a catchweight and they give him a title shot. I dont think he deserves his shot yet.
This might have been a wake up call to Silva
Kimbo has pretty much flopped in the UFC.. I figured he'd do better than he has been.
Flopped? He was cut 2 months ago. It was a joke in the first place, Dana sold some quick ppvs and tickets with him but everyone knew he wasnt a real fighter.
Commando 751 Wrote:Flopped? He was cut 2 months ago. It was a joke in the first place, Dana sold some quick ppvs and tickets with him but everyone knew he wasnt a real fighter.

I agree for the most part. Kimbo was a good street fighter, but this goes to show that if you think you are a tough guy, stay away guys who have legitimate training in fight skills. I've seen it myself where the bully challenges the guy who wear's spandex and wrestles, only to get his clock cleaned by the kid with legit skill.